[Poll] Fanfiction Board

Discussion in 'Online Operations' started by Blaqk, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

We are revisiting the idea of adding a board dedicated to Fanfiction. There are some very talented writers among us and even more who haven't ventured out, possibly because they don't have an environment dedicated to their writing.

Here's my recommendation to revisit the idea and why.

I encourage your own feedback and discussion as to why or why a board dedicated to Fanfiction is a boon or a bane.
  2. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I hope I'm one of these very talent writers you refer to Blaqk :p.

Anyway, my opinion on the matter:

I would vote yes (though the three options mean that I'll hold my vote until the community has spoken on which one they like) because A: It will indeed bring out more writers from the community and B: I'm always looking for an excuse to finish my story instead of doing work.
  3. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Actually I'm in a stagnated state largely because I have to republish all my old chapters before I can continue. A painstakingly slow process because I cannot publish multiple chapters at once- they will lump together in 1 post.

But seeing as how there are so few writers, I stand by my opinion that this should open up in V2 instead. Current players with an interest or flair in writing can publish their stories in the General Discussions forum.
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

The poll results, though, either show that it is important for members to be able to quickly find the works they enjoy reading, or that there are others who wish to contribute their own writing once they have a proper home.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Let's go with the child board on NOTD Discussion. It's the decisive choice, and also the right step at this stage.

I think Nicarco has good talent and I'd like to see him write more of his own works in a more deliberate way. Zuriel can also go back to his Easy Company fan fiction and see if he'd like to touch up and polish his existing chapters. I'll be happy to update them on the main webpage and try to get more awareness.
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

It is done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.