[Poll] A cure for madness?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Zuriel, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Greetings, fellow marines. Recently, it has come to our attention that many of us are afflicted by some form of madness after being subjected to horrifying, near-death situations.

Currently, the only known way to restore the afflicted marine's sanity is by taking him to the brink of death again, and allowing the adrenaline rush that accompanies a near-death experience to cure him.

However, we, the doctors from the medical corps believe that there should be other less risky ways of restoring sanity.

Some ongoing pilot projects to find a cure range from the prehistoric, 'bonk' to the head method of cranium correction with a crowbar, to the more sophisticated restorative effects of a medic's restoration. There is also a school of thought that suggests we let the marine calm down and not handle weapons for a period of time, and that the madness will pass.

Now, it is your duty to vote on which of the above-mentioned methods should be used to cure madness instead of the current method.

You may also include any suggestions you may have, and I will include them in the medical poll.

I remind you that as members of the Marine corps, you are bound by duty and honour to give your honest feedback on the matter. You may elaborate on your choice, if you deem it necessary.
  2. Maniac

Maniac Member

Let me OSOK allies. So i can fix them instantly. or any FF stuns can fix it? Like MONORAWR
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I think the buff should be removed in the instance of the marine not attacking anything for at least a minute, maybe more. Madness is supposed to be the Marine freaking out and emptying entire clips because they're so out of focus that they can't aim or reason. I know hitting someone with the Crowbar until they're better is funny, but let's be realistic. If you're freaking out and your friend starts hitting you to make you calm down, you're not going to calm down until you're knocked out or fucking dead. I think the "sudden shock" mechanic has always been silly, and that it would be much more appropriate for the player to just calm the fuck down for x duration by not attacking and getting their bearings straight. Restoration is also an option, considering that it's the FA Med's ultimate ability, but first and foremost I think the "calm the fuck down" needs to replace the "shoot me until I'm better".
  4. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Bump. I think this is a legit matter that should be pursued. Can we have more responses?
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

I'm happy with a crowbar bonking or a simma down phase. Everyone else has said why, I'm just saying I agree.
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

How about just make any hit over X damage cure Madness. In addition to the whole low hp/lose a life.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

8. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

VRL/Restoration should also be able to cure that :D
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

:3c
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Hold Fire and don't take damage for 20/40 seconds, madness cure. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Or possibly as a Commando Innate. Since the innate the Commando has is kinda lame in that it only comes up having both tier ones in one tree.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Experienced Veteran: The Commando is immune to Madness?
  12. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I was thinking more like a X-V hotkey. Patton Slap: Slaps Shellshocked Marine back into fighting.
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

This isn't an innate, it's just part of the skill's effect isn't shown on the talent description.
  14. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

So Calm yo tits seems to be the best way as decided by our members. Can this be implemented?
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

How long must you remain on hold fiyah?
  16. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

I suggest 1 minute. Players can hold fire and be protected by the team reasonably well for 1 minute. 30 seconds seems too short, 2 minutes seems too long.
  17. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

30 seconds can be a long time in Alpha Company while protecting Tanaka.
  18. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Well then that player will have to find an opportune time to calm down. On one hand, we want to punish players for taking hits that result in them attaining madness. On the other hand, we want to consider some situations when holding fire might not be convenient.

Thus, we stick to the 1 minute time out, and we achieve both objectives, more so for the first one. Players with madness cannot contribute, and become a 1 minute long liability. And should the situation not permit, they impose another burden on the team, and suffer additionally until the situation permits.
  19. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I like the idea of not attacking for 1 minute removing Madness. I don't know how to do it however. Can Peera help?
  20. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Do it like concentration works.