Please!

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Arcelia, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

[attachment=600]
    Why not? :(
    It doesn't look like it would be hard to make patrol do what it does originally.
    How many times can i keep posting this before something bad happens to me?
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Something bad already happened to you - you were made Black Ops.
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Touche

but yeah, +1 to that request again
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Here's my idea, based on my own personal issues. Particularly how targeting priority works with it, like Autoacquiring a longbolt target even if there is a single ghoul right up in your face.

Also fits in with the "MOAR MICRO!" standard.

Idea is that when you reach Longbolt Missile Level, instead of just gaining an additional attack you get this:

Attack Stance, Toggle, set to Melee standard.

In Melee Stance, you behave like we know now. No auto attack, gotta micro or at least Attack Move. Can only use the Melee Attack and Shock Field as far as damage dealing goes.

Triple A Stance, useable when Longbolts are gained. Removes the Melee attack of the Predator. Slows Predator by 40%. Disables Electrical Field. Can Auto Attack with Longbolts, Longbolts are the active weapon.

Crazy old man ideas.... awaaaaaaaaay!
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

I like Arcturus' idea. It's a pain in the ass to exist in post-Erebos Easy Company as a predator due to the vast number of Mutalisks and the predator's priority of air attack over anything on the ground. Adding this toggle will also allow predators to assist with the mobs during the fight with Eos. Currently this is nigh impossible due to the fact that even at the edge of its range, the predator will attack her all day regardless of the incoming Brood Mothers and other shenanigans.
  6. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Actually it gets kinda annoying having to micro so much more with the predator than with an actual marine. It is now a disincentive to live as a pred and contribute than just outright leaving.
  7. Seeky

Seeky New Member

The system really needs to be improved.. I think that players should be rewarded for their extra micro needed when they get longbolt missiles, like starting from level 9, have a +10% dmg buff to the predators attack, both melee and longbolt.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Being able to participate after death is reward enough. It just needs to be less annoying.
  9. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Indeed, but if I have to be even more active on the keyboard and mouse than when I was alive, I would rather just leave and start anew. I'm sure many other players think like this as well.
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Hmm... I'm typically more active and Micro Intensive as a Marine than a Predator. I means sure I have to Attack/Attack Move and occasionally cloak. But that's not quite as much as the weapon switching, talent using, knife kiting, etc, that I would be doing with a proper marine.