Player gets dropped after 1:30 and looses all xp

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by TheWolf, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

As the title says 1 Player on EU named ScorpioneITA has a problem since 15 minutes. After 1:30 ingame he gets dropped, gets the message defeat and looses all xp. Got a nice screenshot: it shows that it substracts all his xp but does not affect rating or karma.
    Any known reasons for this or theories?

not sure if this should be in Bug List thread since its not necessary a notd related bug.
  2. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

He apparently tried to hack in that pub, numbers system kicked, noticed drastic xp changed, Banhammer reached through the notd vortex and smited evil doer!
  3. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

it wasnt pub it was sec. Scorp hasnt hacked as far as we are aware. hes a legit player^^. he got dropped in the first game and lost his xp. then he changed to backup. but always the same. only affects notd
  4. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

Then it was probably Bnet bieng a turd
  5. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

Oh, his avg xp is on par with Meg.
  6. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I'm going to go with vex here, I think there is probably some sanity check from way back when for average XP, and it is nuking players with what would have been unreasonably high average XP. Before speed bonuses were doubled and Alpha/Apollo were finished, it was virtually impossible to achieve over 60 avg XP. I'm personally in favor (because we do have the ban list and a fairly attentive community) of removing all logic checks, just report and ban, and leave it at that.

Looking at the numbers, the sanity check is probably 115 average XP, he went over that. I'll check with Lacus and see what happens when she goes over (I think she is at like 114).
  7. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

i told him to try the following if it is avg xp: create and leave solo ec games fast nough to get more 0xp games to reduce avg xp. lets see if he gets noug games to reduce it
    doesnt work games wont count
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Create a game with another player. type -s after selecting class. Leave. Repeat.

It shouldn't be looking at avg xp given that some hackers with 300+ aren't getting kicked.
  9. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

It should only be checking true impossible numbers, so average xp > 400

Not sure what XP gain on nm Apollo speed B is.

It doesn't check average XP. It's probably a minor oversight with medal counting.
  10. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Well if it was to be the average xp of 115 that wouldn't be an impossible thing to achieve. If do pub to 500xp, ec nm to 1k xp, ac nm to 3.5k xp and then just sec b nm you would end up with an average of 250xp and over. (assuming u r uber good or r a pro that lost his bank etc.)

However possibly it could be due to my games played. 428 and average xp of 117. I removed notd bank and tried from total scratch and it was fine. So its either the average xp as some of you say, or could it just be somehow may bank is bugged out? :S Just epic trolling, get 50k and I can't play lol :D :D :D.

Some images to show you what's up:
    before kick
    before kick
    before kick
    before kick
    before kick
    Kick
    After kick
    After kick
    After kick
    After kick
    Kick
  11. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

You have 50k xp with less than 500 games. I can only assume that the combat action ribbon is reading current wins (14) rather than total wins (214).

If you get 500 games you should be able to play. Alternatively, you can do 6 pubs and win them.
  12. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Yeah makes sense. 500 games and 50k used to be impossible, but only became possible once Apollo B was finished and speed bonuses were doubled.
  13. Scorpione

Well, I cannot finish 6pub since I get dropped :D :D. I'd have to join 72pubs n quit :s..
    But then if you do the math u can get 310 for non speed nm sec b, and 360 for speed.. So technically if you only play sec b nm and you win it around 200 times u could easily earn atleast 60k xp. So in total you'd have maybe 300 games? So players cannot grind cause system kicks them for playin specific modes etc, but if u hack very well u could get away? Imba stuff right there :D :D
    So technically only option is to join pub 72times n leave before 1:20 lol. Wouldn't it be better to kind of fix this 'impossible' check formula? ;)
  14. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

In it's current bugged state, yes.

The game is supposed to kick you if you have less than 100 combat action ribbons, but I think it derped majorly and instead kicks you if you have less than 20 (and you have 14). I don't understand the triggers enough to be able to figure out exactly what's wrong and why it's wrong.

Also, you have another option: revert to 49500 bank and win pub 6 times.
  15. Scorpione

With my understanding of this then I guess there would be many solutions. Make it as the system reads medals 214 500 by count or amend the triggers. However having seen how a map made of trigger is on the inside, when triggers mess up it gives a chain reaction and then fixing 1 breaks 20 :D :D :D. So I guess no notd for me until something is done.

Thank you for the help so far :)
    <3
  16. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Nevermind, that makes no sense. I can't figure out why you're getting banned. It's definitely something about the combat action ribbon though.
  17. Scorpione

But u were sure its my xp and games played too ;) :D :D :D. I think the game just stopped liking me when I osoked hades2 for over 90k hp n hit 50k xp : (((((((. Hades got mad so he autobans me ^_^

On a serious note I guess all I can do is wait :<
  18. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Well fuck me for not reading it well enough.

So you need an average of 100 xp per game when you hit 50k or you will be banned. After that you can do whatever you want. You can either play another 78 games or you can wait for ability to fix it. But seriously, I don't see how you get an average xp that high without reverting saves. Don't you wipe?
  19. Scorpione

Before 1.5 there were hardly many drops n remakes in EU my average was around 92 n growing. Ever since 20remakes a day I started restoring saves like most others people. Not that I care about ratings or karma etc, just annoying not even playing the game n loosing stuff, I am a perfectionist :D. Like out of my 428 games probably at 1.5(which is when I started restoring) the remakes count wouldve been 100 per week
    nowadays it better, less drops so less backing n restoring taking place. Think the last time I actually restored was like 5+ days ago.

Thing is I can't even 'play' 78 games to begin with. Also its weird that before 50k u can't have higher avg 100xp. Since if u were to be a returning player u could easily get avg 200xp by playin without silly ppl in games. A game can easily be set up, like 3-5 man ac nm or sec nm b etc. Seems inaccurate to have it based on avg xp, at least that low avg xp.
  20. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

When this was probably originally added, the highest XP you could realistically earn was around 150 XP per game. You could try EC NM speed, but it only gave like 130 XP, AC NM was borderline impossible for a long time, and even if you did finish, only gave like 180 XP. Apollo B was not done, and Apollo A gave roughly the same as Alpha, and also next to no one did it.

So in the context of the time, having over 100 average XP by 50k was indeed impossible.