Pet Skins

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by pipeDreams, Feb 12, 2012.

1. pipeDreams

pipeDreams New Member

What do you guys think is the best pet skin to buy, and why? I was looking at the differences between all of them and they seem pretty small, but is there a pet skin that stands out more than others?
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Thor is here!

Actually I don't think it matters all that much. Just be aware that any Biological Pet is gimped because it loses out on condition immunity. So stick with the Mech.
  3. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

There are slight differences in terms of statistics, but the differences are small (like +10% damage and +2 armor or something) so it really comes down to personal preference. Bio pets are not immune to ailments, but they do have increased health regeneration and health (something that imo doesn't offset the ailment vulnerability) so I would recommend a mechanical one as well. But really, just buy what looks cool.
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Don't be silly. Bio pets are still immune to regular ailments. Only Bogey OW and Menoetes cripple can be applied. Trust me I have a Hydralisk and I love it.
  5. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Oh ok then ability changed it.

... This is what you get for not reading change logs.
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

At least I've never gotten an ailment.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

He also fixed menoetes cripple on bio pets a week ago or so
  8. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Sigh... it seems like so many people get behind on the times. Biological pets are beast!
  9. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Ya, I played as Brutalisk and only time I get open wound was from Bogey Turret (Flinched) and crippled from Meno's worm (damn you, Meno).
  10. pipeDreams

pipeDreams New Member

Biological Pet? Which ones are those? And by "loses out on condition immunity," do you mean it needs anti venom, etc.?
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Apparently they fixed it? But biological pets, like Brutalisk, Kerrigan, etc, for a bit used to get conditions on them. So you could have crippled, bleeding, venomed, short circuited, pets. Considering regardless of Pet Type they are all melee this was a serious drawback.

Far as the ones I think look good though, I do favor the Hybrid Pet. And I also like the Thor though I don't see many players with the Thor anymore.
  12. pipeDreams

pipeDreams New Member

ALL of them are melee? Even the hydra?

But then again they all can hit air at level 9 with 5000xp right?
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Yup. All of them are Melee. Thor, Hydra, Brutalisk. Doesn't matter. Doesn't change the attack, or the presence of the electrical field. The only things it changes is the Regen Rates, Move Speed, Health and Energy starting points.
  14. pipeDreams

pipeDreams New Member

So what's the reasoning behind them being so expensive!? Haha. Does anyone know? I'm not even close. I only have 280. Haha.
  15. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Because they have different stats.
    I'm seriously thinking of disabling your ability to create threads.

http://notdstarcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Pet ... ifferences
  16. pipeDreams

pipeDreams New Member

Awww. That's cold night. I was just asking why 5000 credits, just to get more views on it. Dang.
  17. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

I am far to lazy to dig through your user rights to find that setting. As for the cost. Well the old forum is gone, and so is Ability's thread on the nature of "short term vs long term credit rewards."

TLDR Cheap item = short term, Expensive item = Long term.
  18. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

A few predators have very similar stats (according to that sheet):
    Predator
    Hybrid Destroyer
    Hydralisk
    Lurker
    Zeratul
    Terratron
    All of those are shown as 2 second delay on HP regen of 7 with 3 speed, 3 armor, 50 base energy, 300 health.

My personal view on Predators is that unless I get better specifics on them, I would prefer not to buy any (those specifics being Estimated sight, energy regen, scaling on level, all of which aren't listed there.)

Weapon Mods, Color, Predators are very long permanent changes, with the slight differences in Weapon mods & predators having an impact. Color is just aesthetics. Kittens are semi-useful, because they provide an ok amount of sight, useful if you are blinded, and that sight may save you from running blindly without any sight and getting hit.
  19. pipeDreams

pipeDreams New Member

Okay. That's all i was asking dude.
  20. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

except something about at level 10, predator is better than any other custom skin, having more hp and energy than an equivalent brutalisk or hydralisk.

I could never find the data associated with leveling up so I'm not sure if this is still the case.