Perses Updates: Kith Hates Everyone Edition

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kith, May 21, 2013.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

You want a buffed Perses? I'll give you a buffed Perses.

Gumshoe Cannon
    Perses lobs an enormous glob of mucus at a randomly chosen player. Upon impact, the glob splatters and immediately starts hardening, rooting all players in a 2 AOE in place for 10 seconds. Perses lobs an additional glob if the SQ is over 2000. Perses lobs an additional glob if the game mode is Nightmare (stacks with 2000 SQ). Projectile has a total travel time of 4 seconds from launch to impact. If the player takes 80 damage from attacks (see: not ability damage like firewave), the effect ends early. Perses uses Gumshoe Cannon every 15 seconds.
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Can players shoot each other to dispel the effect?
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I'm curious about if the glob will have a variable speed. i.e. from Peruses to target, will it move slower / faster depending on the distance, such that it will always take 4 seconds to arrive at the target point, whether or not its sniped or from point-blank range?

Also, is it a skill that Peruses uses only at the start of a battle, or does it have a specific time-frame at which Peruses will always use it, such as before every fire wave?
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Same traveling time regardless of distance.

I forgot to mention that he fires off a volley of globs every 15 seconds.
  6. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Erh, two things I want to add: Make it so that any marine that was not in the initial mucus AOE gets slowed if they walk into it within that 10second duration (would make sense, slipping on hardening mucus). Secondly, why make it not dispelled by firewave? You're pretty much going to eat the majority of firewave damage if you're unlucky enough to wander into mucus just when it starts (not always avoidable too given how random the bubbles spawn and move).
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I'm already rooting dudes in place and giving them a death sentence if their teammates aren't on the ball. I'll opt out of the slow.

It's not dispelled by firewave because why would it be? It's there specifically to restrict movement so players get hit by the firewave.
  8. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I like it.
  9. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

I really don't like the intentional TK aspect of the whole thing though. The 80 damage cap takes long enough that its easy to overshoot and gun down your teamate with crits and such. Especially with firewave damage happening on top of it. Not to mention trying to free a flamethrower with Vengence is going to be a pain in the ass with the constant stuns.
    I would suggest making the mucus a "unit" that appears on top of the marine if you get hit by it that has 80 health, extremely low autotarget priority (like beastlings) and a timed life of 10 seconds. That way, you still need to target fire the mucus to get your teamate out but you leave out the TK potential and a flamer wouldn't be a pain to free.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

One could also wait for an Agron or Perses to attack them. It's not "intentional TK", it's forcing the players to be incredibly careful. If they can't be, then they get punished, same way with Madness.
  11. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Sounds fun :3
    I must say i read the name wrong lol
  12. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

For some reason it seems a bit redundant with Huggers running around, nothing worse than being hugged, freed by a teammate, then gumball lands on you...

Unless, it is used to replace Huggers as a more guaranteed method of trapping players?
  13. Scorpione

Huggers were never a problem in ac nm unless 50% team dies.
    + a trapper / order bat deny hugs.
  14. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

Neat thing, i do support Yuey's idea of it being an actual unit with hp rather than someone needing to take dmg to get freed just make it immune to skill dmg so it requires gunfire and players atention.

Questions tho:
    1.Will it scale considering team starting count/count of players alive? [Like there are no huggers near spines for 1-3man teams]
    2.Will it be dodgeable or is it a seeker type thing that got timer only for you to get away from teammates to not harm them?
    3.Can it be intercepted midflight to award people for actually clicking things? [somehow exclude splash/skill dmg so it need to be directly targeted]
    4.Will it be effect of hugger or just snare? [as in abilities/weapon works just 0ms]
    5.What about lowering cooldown between globs based on difficulty rather than amount of globs?
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

1. No. It scales to difficulty.
    2. Dodgable. It's a lobbed projectile.
    3. No.
    4. 0ms.
    5. I would prefer to keep the interval consistent.

Also, this is intended to replace the Huggers during Perses because (as scorp noted) they accomplish absolutely fuck all. Also I don't like Huggers.
  16. Scorpione

I'm all for this replacing huggers.

Fix ai of huggers and stranglers? Currently they target player n follow him. If player gets out of sight takes 1hr for hugger 2 re-target. This is caused due to cast upon player. When you cast a spell on a unit u end up following them. If they go out of vision 5seconds later u stop n then u retarget(if autocast). That is sc2 mechanic.
    Replace it so that they launch coons every x seconds when player is near by? These coons should do no dmg just hug :p.
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Any changes that I make in terms of Huggers will involve their removal.
  18. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I like this, it'll make the Perses boss fight more of a challenge.
  19. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

From a player standpoint, I hate this, this is pure evil, and I do not like it one bit. From the game standpoint, I think this is a great way to keep people on their toes and add one more thing to concentrate on during the chaos, and a good way to punish people for not paying attention. When Pers launches the globs, I assume that you just see them flying, and have to relatively guess where they are going to land?
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Correct. Players will have to determine where the glob is going to land based on its trajectory.