PeerawatZ Skill Workshop : Engineer Tower System (Requested)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Peerawatz, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

RE: PeerawatZ Skill Workshop : Mammoth Tank (Pic)

Don't tempt me , I might add moar :
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

PeerawatZ Skill Workshop: Now featuring more guns!
  3. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtWPW8yJtgM[/video]
  4. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

I'm thinking of replacing Chemical Experts Chem Armor with something more creative, and is a passive skill, but I'm still thinking. Will do codings later when I found the solution.

(I might also finds an alternation to Energy Transfer, cuz it's op atm:)
  5. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

RE: PeerawatZ Skill Workshop : Thinking Chemical:

But how it's OP? I used energy transfer on heroic boss because of stronger venoms.
    D:
  6. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

ET 2 stacks on MotM tech, SMM, Demotank. How this is massively OP is an exercise for the reader.
  7. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

Peer, you should make an attack chopper that can utilize the Command Center "Lift Off" and "Land" abilities. I'm visualizing something involving the Banshee...but I'm sure you'll be able to create a chopper.
    "FRIENDLY PAVE LOW IN-BOUND!"
  8. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

If you want to replace chemical plating, what about making it an offensive skill instead?

I'm imagining something like:

Poison Shot

The chemical expert inhances his weapons with a special venom. The venom deals a stacking 2/4/6 damage per second and slows by 2/4/6%. When affected enemies die they deal damage in a small aoe around them equal to 3 times the damage dealt to them per second. (or 6/12/18 damage per stack) The ability stacks indefinitely. Does not affect bosses.

Also, do the banshee idea. Sounds cool.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I like Chemical Plating, actually. Chem Expert can shrug off enemies that are faster than he is, and it really helps the Technician tank because the enemy DPS just takes a nosedive.
  10. Phaslix

Phaslix New Member

Sorry for going off topic, but banshee idea might be better for replacing air FO's Asgard (being that it's the only T3 as a leaver no one can use, which, in my opinion, is the most out of placed notd skill on all chars in play.)

As for Chem plating replacement... I was thinking maybe something like a toggle on/off purification gas released from Chem's attached canisters on his back that is only toxic to zombies. Possibly giving it something similar to how fire mission on arty FO works with shell usage, but instead of how many shells per attack, it triggers how fast/concentrated (rate of enemies hp lose) the gas is released. The higher the # the faster and further the gas will spread out with a min radius of 1 at speed 1 to max radius of 10 at speed of 10. The gas itself will stay for a duration of 5 sec after release and trails the Chem Expert as long as it is toggled on. Energy will be consumed based on how low/high the purification gas release speed <1> to <10>

Effects:

- Enemies have a chance to become enraged from irritation of gas and gain an increase in attack speed and damage.
    - Enemies in purification gas lose hp at an accelerated rate from venom stacks and venom related skills
    - Desolate and Contaminate cannot tk allies in purification gas

Could also make it so lvl 2 energy transfers turn all skills used into venom as long as energy transfer is active on that char. (Does not affect standalone skills: engineer's x1 bot, recon's reaper, demo's mines, tech's drone and crawlers)
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong; Wasn't the entire purpose of Chemical plating to give the one passive skill in a tree that would otherwise be full of actives, and as a result, have an action card size issue similar to the medic?

Besides the fact that its a support skill and is useful.
  12. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

It was, but might as well make it more useful on classes other than the tank.
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Make it have a higher initial slow annd give the stacks diminishing returns. Fast units like Seekers won't be able to stay on top of light players and it won't make the tank's life way easier.
  14. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

what if you make a aura that gives bullets venomed effect like 1/2/3 hp per sec and stack up to 3/5/8 times and last until dead but this effect doesn't heal apop or damage bosses. 50% effect if massive its granted to all allies

2nd idea.
    chemical mastery.
    chemical expert have some chemicals to reduce the effects.
    1. ailment damage reduce 10%
    2. ailment damage reduce 30%
    3. ailment damage reduce 50% (6aoe)
  15. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

You mean virus caused alinments
  16. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I like the idea more of having an ability triggered passive. So having something like:

Chemical Dependency: When a Marine is targeted by one of your abilities (Shrinker, Pennance, VRL, Anti-Venom, Energy Transfer), Attack Speed, Move Speed, and Critical Hits Chance are increased by 10/20/30% for 10 seconds. Afterwards they are weakened for 15/12/9 seconds, with 30% reduced attack speed and -4 Armor.

Targeting a marine with another ability while he is under the effects of Chemical Dependency/Weakened will restart the ability, not stack it (Thus weakened state can be removed by casting another ability and putting them under 10 seconds of Chemical Dependence again.

It's a silly idea. But it sounds interesting to me. :p
  17. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

While thinking of Chemical stuffs, I'm starting to think of adding a possible second mine-shaft boss, based on fire theme. Using Kerrigan base model :

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZn27exHmwM[/video]

The offsets are not perfect yet, will rework this later, but what it does is make the boss fires 12 waves of fire that damages everything along the path, I'm going to reduce speed later so it's easier to dodge :, this is one of the many skills I have in mind to make her challenging :3.
  18. Seeky

Seeky New Member

RE: PeerawatZ Skill Workshop : Burning Beauty - Fire Wave

In typical Peer style, MUST KILL MARINES. Looks good though.
  19. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Get ArcturusV's idea of scylla made.

It was a really good idea that actually required team work & team cohesion. You'll need to ask him for its details, but it was a 6-headed monster, with a cycle in which 3 would enrage, take extra damage, and if killed during enraged, they would be killed, otherwise, they would resurrect. It had the capability to drag a marine or two and constantly damage them unless they were freed from its grasp (kill/stun the head to have it release the marine).
  20. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

What's funny is I can't remember coming up with that. I think it might have been someone else that was tossing out ideas at the same time I was. Maybe back on the old forum where we were talking about new enemy types and I suggested things like Hordelings and someone else had the Hydra thing there.