PeerawatZ Skill Workshop : Engineer Tower System (Requested)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Peerawatz, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogHUhc4XNms[/video]

Basically the character shoots a canister that explodes into a magnetic field that drags everything excluding allies and massives into the center. Collision still applies so larger units will still occupy spaces.

It's just annoying me that current gravity grenade is a vortex :3.

Note : That ghost is using my design of laser rifle, dealing 30 damage with 0.5 aoe (always 100% splash damage), instant hit. Has long range and can fire on the move if facing right direction.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

RE: PeerawatZ Skill Workshop : Gravity Grenade

That's a fantastic demonstration, Peer. Also useful because it shows off how useful dragging units together is for AOE attacks.
  3. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

eh, i thought it dragged allies in as well. was i mistaken??
  4. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

It does.
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Probably a good thing if it doesn't drag in allies. Unlike a lot of the other troll/TK moves it doesn't seem to have an AoE marker during some short countdown so you know your Commando is an ass and you need to dodge.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Compared to having mad spark on a class that's available at 3.5k xp, I'd say it's reasonable.
  7. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

True. But you can move away from a Mad Spark. If the gravity grenade sucks you in that's GGnoRE. You can't walk away from that.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

right, it's about 3 times more dangerous, and requires 3 times more planning, communication, and synergy. A better example, compare it to force push.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Actually, dragging allies around along with enemies can have some decent effects. For instance, the Protection Assault, if he has Safeguard and a Crowbar, has zero issues being in the middle of everything and can just lay waste as much as he prefers to do. The same goes for the Order Flamer.
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Actually. Your all mistaken. I've seen Peeras grav nade, unit's that are fast enough, or run at a certain angle can escape it's vortex. The strength of the vortex can even be altered to adjust just how powerful the suction is, you could easily balance it so only a sprinting character would posses enough speed to safely escape.
  11. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5wg-PMqWTM[/video]

Chemical Implosion - Intended to replace Inbound Sickness!

Caster casts a skill that checks for any units with venom (or in the video, fungal growth), any units with fungal suffers serious damage within the radius of 7., The more venom each target has, the more damage, the difference between this and other aoe skills is that, it is absolutely harmless to targets without venom. So as long your allies don't have venom, it should be ok :3/

If skill is casted without any venomed/fungal units, then it is wasted.
  12. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

RE: PeerawatZ Skill Workshop : Chemical Implosion (Replace Chem E Inbound S)

Also if you have a skill idea that you want to see working, can pop a request here, if I can make it, then I'll make, if I can't, then I'll just say no :
  13. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

RE: PeerawatZ Skill Workshop : Chemical Implosion (Replace Chem E Inbound S)

Assault jumps with real jumps, and the minimum range constraint.
  14. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

RE: PeerawatZ Skill Workshop : Chemical Implosion + Alternate Assault Jump

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y1gxj9G4lA[/video]

This is as close as I can get, the problem is this skill cant be used on different cliffs level if the caster can't originally do it, thanks BLizzard for not having a behavior to allow mover changes :3.

So basically, this is a skill that when used, apply gravitic force on the caster that pushes him towards the marked locations, and causes an explosion when landed, units can still target and attack him normally, it deals no friendly fire damage, but requires a target to cast on.

One solution is to give PF a colossi mover and creates pathing blocker on locations you don't want him to cheese.

Another solution is to use the alternate method, the Caster will teleport to that location, but his model wont appears, as he uses the skill, his model will appears as a projectile flying from his current location to target location, making him looks like he's jumping (but it's still a teleport lol)
  15. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Hi Peera, please help with Razor Tripwire.
  16. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

God dam Peer. Stop being so epic :/

Assault Jump looks fabulous and Jumpy. The technical language eludes me, but all I know is that it looks great.
  17. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Hmm somebody tell me how is this skill supposed to work ?
  18. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

It's supposed to build two widgets on the map, and any unit that passes in a direct line between said widgets takes damage and is slowed.
  19. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

RAZOR TRIPWIRE (Active, 20 energy per node, no cooldown)
    A dastardly yet simple trap: two metal anchor points with a sturdy steel cable between them. The cable is vibrated at high frequencies and capable of slicing into flesh and conventional body armor with even the slightest contact. Nodes cloak and become neutral once a tripwire is set.

Level 1 – Nodes must be placed within 4 distance of each other. Deals 60 damage and applies Cripple and Open Wound to units that pass between them. Nodes have 75 energy.
    Level 2 – Nodes must be placed within 5 distance of each other. Deals 80 damage and applies Cripple and Open Wound to units that pass between them. Nodes have 100 energy.

“While designed for being placed at entrances, it’s significantly less welcoming than a doormat.”

Mechanics notes: Uses the Build Grid. Nodes are invulnerable and invisible once placed. If a unit dies to Razor Tripwire, the exp is shared equally throughout the team.
    Each unit that contacts the tripwire drains a certain amount of energy, when it runs out completely, it dies.
    Units will use up the following.
    Non-Massive & Non-Heroic enemies use 1 energy.
    Massive & Non-Heroic enemies use 5 energy.
    Heroic units use 50 energy.
    Players use 25 energy.
    Mechanical units are immune to the tripwire (this is largely to avoid realism breaks, just as crippled mechs in easy co.)
  20. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPL3llUP9fM[/video]

Laser Tripwire Basics

Basics : Creates a laser tripwire segment at target location, the segment alone is useless, but if it detects another Segment, it fires a heat laser beam on them, creating a barrier. Anything that touches the line takes continuous damages.

The Segment searches for nearest another segment to it within range, regardless of alliance, so it can be used with allied's segments. The Double Segment will be generally stronger than more (as they both fires on each other, dealing x2 damage, while others only fire on the nearest one)