Pathfinder Bugs/Balance Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Jercy, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

This thread is to help Ability fine tune Pathfinder.

Left Tree
    Balance
    I have been playing pathfinder a lot lately, and I would have to say that his left tree is rather well balanced. The left tree allows him to use the pistol effectively throughout the entire game. He does decent dps against bosses and is a great light/normal zombie killer with the pistol which is perfect because the left tree does one thing, which is buff the pistol, the pathfinder using anything besides the pistol just makes every single one of his talents he put into the left tree useless, but the pistol is buff enough to allow this to happen. So to sum it up, I think the left tree is pretty well balanced the way it is currently.

Current Bugs
    Currently when you get the final skill, aka teir 3 skill, in the left tree, without any points in Shoot to Maim you get level 1 shoot to maim. I tried it once to see if it did anything, and I didn't notice anything. The one time I got Shoot to Maim in the second tier, it acted liked black out, so I just never touched that skill again since the first time I played him.

Right Tree
    Balance
    I haven't really played the right tree, but Assault Jump was very useful until yesterday when it didn't stun anymore. Assault Jump without jump equals huge risk of death because once that shield is gone its pretty much one hit and you are dead, so please there needs to be some kind of stun or something that allows the pathfinder to get in and out safely. I don't know if this was intended or not, but the Assault Jump no longer does any damage to eggs, any of them.

Current Bugs
    Either once pathfinder assault jumps reach zero or when he gets the ability that makes them refresh faster, the assault jumps stop refreshing completely and will never be able to be used anymore in that game. (Note: This bug did not occur until yesterday, so you may have accidently changed something when adjusting the mechanics of Assault Jump). The Tier 2 ability that is suppose to stun targets doesn't not always stun and does not always apply burn debuff. The tier 1 ability that makes you sprint, makes you stop, aka immoblie, for a good 3 seconds at the end of the effect. Stopping at the end of this ability just doesn't make sense to me at all, which is why I'm posting it as a bug, even though it may not be one. If it is not a bug then I suggest making it so that the pathfinder can move right after he reaches the end of the effect, for something as fragile as the pathfinder to sit still for any amount of time is like pulling the trigger yourself, it is just going to purposely kill the pathfinder.

All in all he is a fun class so far that I have enjoyed playing, I would like to beable to random him in other games though because I would like to test his effectiveness in the other modes.
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Would be nice if we could see some sort of "Charge Creation" bar for pathfinder. ATM, its hard to tell how long it takes for an Assault Jump to charge up.
  3. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Also, while not dealing damage and no longer work like Assault's Charge, Assault Jump allow Pathfinder to jump the cliff up and down. Assault Jump as now, work like Stalker's Blink with blue light.
    Was Assault Jump intend to let Pathfinder to be able to jump the cliffs like Terran Reapers. Doubt it.
    Also, do No Quarter(rocket t3) still deal 0 damage?
  4. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

I can't tell if I'm just unlucky, but the evasion after Assault Jump doesn't seem to work. I always take hits after jumping on an enemy if I didn't knock them out in one go.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The Pathfinder becoming immobile at the end of Full Throttle is indeed a bug.

Assault Jump is not supposed to allow him to traverse terrain levels or bypass doodads/terrain objects (things such as gates).
  6. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

paraphrasing from AP, shoot to maim quickly drains energy
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Shoot to Maim drains 5 energy per shot. I'm considering lowering the energy per shot consumption rate though, because combining Fast Five with StM will leave the Pathfinder completely out of energy.
  8. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Editing this.

If the pathfinder get Improved Coolant Lines level 1 or 2 while he does not have 5 assault jumps, then the pathfinder will no longer generate additional jumps.
  9. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Actually, now if you have 5 assault jump and you get coolant lines, you'll unable to recharge jump.
    Also, with assault jump, you can actually jump right into pit/chasm/abyss. Without dying.
  10. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

If you start attacking a rock (neutral object) then use Fast Five it causes you to stop attacking the rock completely.
    You can still attack the rock while using Fast Five, you just have to quickly right click the rock before the duration is over. (which might not get off all the shots if you aren't quick enough)
  11. squish

squish Well-Known Member

suggestion: give the pathfinder a marine action under the X tab to traverse terrain levels.
    cost: 30 energy
    Charge time: 5 seconds
    recovery time (no actions can be taken) 3 seconds
    ^reasons for this, is that ascending or descending a large amount of terrain would imbalance just about anybody i know, and so therefor they'd have to recuperate.. and we don't want this to be an OH SHIT switch, hence the charge time.
    too lazy to make up lore for it.. someone do it for me, yeah?
  12. Arturia

I would say No.
    The reasons for that are very simple:

Terrain Traversing effectively allows for him to Cheese next to anything by entering terrain that other units access. It also allows him Access to any location on the map, and can entirely disrupt story-line progression. Lets put an example on Easy Company: You gain access to Apollo, and The Heracules Helipad at the start of the map. A group could even go up The Armory ledges and completely ignore making the passage way for units.

Its just too much of a game-breaking mechanic, even if you have some sort of delay to it.
  13. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

This is more the maps fault if anything. Normally Reapers can only jump a single terrain level, but the same "stair steps" added to let climbing foes flank would ironically help PF cheese his way around. Likewise, the decision to lock out huge portions of the map (Erebos lair, Apollo City, ect) are the biggest reason jumping around terrain would be overpowered.

If we had switched to Peera's map all those months ago, it's more circular layout would be more natural to high mobility and assault jumping over terrain.
  14. Arturia

*Sigh* We really need that map. Looks so Epic. Its like taunting a hunger child by burning hundreds of food items without ever feeding it to them.

Not sure if intentional: Assault Jump doesn't affect air units. Same goes for No Quarter. That, or I can't tell if I took out at least 1k of Eil's HP.
  15. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Assault Jump now does what it is suppose to. It can't jump levels, across gaps, into gaps, and into rocks or things like that.

No Quarter can still do everything Assault Jump use to do, so now the same thing just needs to be done.