Patch 1.5.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dalian, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Nyanden, this is obvisously the work of the emperor, Emperor
    Thermidor you only need 224 more posts to catch up to me, 225 after reading this post
  2. Kenno

Kenno Well-Known Member

The button is there, it's just sometimes a ninja and not visible. If you click where it normally is, the region selection box will come up. Hope this helps.

3. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I've come to the conclusion that 1.5 is shit, and 1.5.1 is, unsurprisingly but remarkably, shittier.

I think a bunch of very cruel comedians made this patch.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I'm curious, what is so massively bad about 1.5 and 1.5.1?
  5. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Well for one thing, 1.5 broke the game lobbies and make people lag.

1.5.1 didn't fix either of those things and make people desync.
  6. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

My only issue with it is that I can't play SC2 anymore >.<

For some reason I get really terrible lag spikes literally every 1-2 seconds.

It just started happening with the 1.5.1 patch and lowering my graphics settings down from Extreme to Low didn't have any effect at all. >.>
    I'm not sure why it happens but I usually have a steady framerate (I still do which is why these "lag spikes" are really weird)
    I've tried a lot of things to try and fix it but nothing worked.
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Yeah I've heard about this. The weird thing is, who lags and who doesn't has seemingly no rhyme or reason. I've seen people post virtually identical system setups as mine and have terrible terrible lag, yet I have none. It's like the networking somewhere along the line is borked (either at the servers or in the code).
  8. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

You got your reply now though, right?

Connection issues ranging from a lot of desyncs, people getting lags, lots of crashes for patch 1.5.0, which still sometimes occur in 1.5.1

There's also the map search engine being inefficient. I've yet to see any other search engine unable to come up with related searches when omitting spaces in between search queries.

Ex. Night of the dead NA when searching for the term nightofthedead

The ingame models also were improved, yes, but without consideration for the players who run on low end machines. I myself always run on the lowest settings and have had no problems in the past. Now however.. :p

Thanks to the guy who posted about how to fix that btw.

http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... hp?tid=851
  9. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Erm, I think it was a good idea to have not played SC2 since 1.5. I've downloaded the patch but from what I'm hearing in this thread, I haven't actually played anything on it since.
  10. Ryan III

Don't try and play NotD yet, SC2 is fine however. As for me I've been using my spare time on Star Battle :D
  11. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I hate this patch so much.

I'm going to try another couple more games today and if it doesn't ease up on the 90% desync/drop rate, I'm going to play other shit.

This is getting fucking ridiculous. Blizzard wants to fix start of the game stuttering and introduces start of the game lag and drops. That was a triumph.
  12. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Oy, so after at least four threads in the official Technical Support forums, and one on Team Liquid, this is the first ever in-thread response I've seen to a certain problem I've been having since 1.5:

[​IMG]

Son of a bitch.

Oh, and I'll mention now that two posts above this is someone saying they have the same problem.
  13. Ryan III

Them bastards
  14. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Try to update your graphics card drivers too if that helps. So far my games have been okay - still using Extreme settings.
  15. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

16. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

AHAHAHAAHA