Patch 1.5.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dalian, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Dalian

Dalian New Member

I assume many of us have had a peek at the beta of 1.5 and the Arcade. It just went live on the SEA server. For anyone else that hasn't seen it, here's a little preview.

1st pic - full sized chat channel!

2nd pic - You can browse custom games ranked by the old "hours played", or by rating, newness, etc. NOTD is actually very high on the list on SEA. It is missing a thumbnail on the browse catalog.
  2. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I wish Diablo 3 had a windowed chat channel, let alone one as big as that...
  3. Dalian

Dalian New Member

3rd pic - the overview screen of NOTD is where the basic information will be. Probably needs a rework.
  4. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

I like the new Arcade setup for custom games, complete with a cute lil rating system ^-^

Also the 'How To Play' section (which obviously needs to be filled out) could be really helpful for newbies wanting to learn the ropes without vets having to constantly repeat themselves, assuming its written effectively.
  5. Dalian

Dalian New Member

4th pic - "How to Play". So much potential to go in this section. Can almost copypasta the notd wiki there. It's also a remedy for a lot of the complaints that we have on newbs.
  6. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I wonder what rating would Jercy's map get =P
  7. Dalian

Dalian New Member

5th pic - Patch Notes. Very useful of course, makes it a lot harder to miss a ninja update. Kith will also be using this part a lot due to all the (un)popular changes.

[hr]
    6th pic - Review game lets you review the game, and rate the map. You guys know what to do!
  8. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I'm really excited for this patch. Thank you very much for the previews Dalian.
  9. Dalian

Dalian New Member

7th pic - Also be sure to thumbs up any reviews that you like to get it on top

[hr]
    8th and last - there's a "join channel" button in the NOTD page. Clicking on it leads you to the chat channel "Night of the Dead", which different to the NOTD channel that everyone is currently in. Oh! and did I mention that you can also delete private channels that you don't want on your list anymore? :D
  10. frozensolid

frozensolid Well-Known Member

well i don't really like the new patch appearance
    still prefer the old one

but about some new feature is good like the review section
  11. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

The new layout is A LOT neater than the original and the new features added will prove to be helpful in the future. So it gets my seal of approval ^-^
    [hr]
    Also, NOTD is bugging due to the patch.
  12. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Wonder if it is possible to change the channel it sends you to.
  13. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

This new UI brings me back to the vanilla SC days
  14. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

I do think it's an improvement from these screenshots. Good job on ye mate

Less than negative 9000.
  15. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

A condensed version of the wiki, the full wiki is 417 pages currently. I would suggest adding the basic info in that area, maybe look at some of the newbie guides ArcturusV made for help with that.(which makes another question: Where is ArcturusV? He used to be so active).

That is almost asking for a HOW DARE YOU! from Jercy/Darcy.
  16. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

17. Dalian

Dalian New Member

Oh yeah! There so many bugs in NOTD at the moment with this patch. Bugs affecting game play mechanics and bugs on cosmetic visuals. Lots of them. It's going to be -nm for Ability.
  18. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Fix'd.
  19. CooL

CooL Member

Jeeezzz.. 1.28 GB for a patch, will drain my bw to zip. Luckily it's on end of the month.
  20. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

The new dedicated channel is going to be a boon to all custome maps. When we get the tutorial up, that will also save nearly every map some space, can just rip out any newb tips etc and shove them into the tutorial.
    [hr]
    I have a feeling it will get one in the future, something tells me the Diablo chat is a placeholder because they needed to do these backend changes to Battle.net first before doing it in D3.