Fixed orbital laser invisible again

Discussion in 'Game Bugs' started by vexxenon, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

says the title, invisible in version 2.5.4
  2. phly

phly New Member

the red dots on the ground are the indicators for the lasers

Attached Files:

3. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Any working replays of this? Always remember that if you cannot get a working replay. Taking multiple screenshots to show the bug over a period of time is very helpful. it's hard to discern the problem from a single still frame.
  4. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Replay would be nice.
  5. vexxenon

Mods, keep deleting posts, a NON WORKING replay have zero value. Until you start telling people how to get replay magically working, I see no point of it. One single screenshot serves sufficient evidence on the same bug that has happened and solved before. Deleting posts that made perfect sense doesn't make you right.
  6. supernova

supernova New Member

replays have not been working for ages yet mods are still asking for replays.
    and if mods have really deleted vex's post, why?
    what more did you expect? invisible lasers - sounds straight forward enough. replays aren't working. and this same bug has occurred before. the above screenshot is more than enough evidence that it is a bug that has occurred in the past. so what's the deal?
  7. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

The deal is shooz is known full time asshole with attitude of 'mah rules' and power in hand, that had multiple quarels with people in the past which resulted in bans and/or people simply leaving.

Pair it up with vexx not being liked for how he articulates his arguments and quite demanding tone, and you have what comes up here.

As for replays, it's strong case of not fucking playing at all by most of dev team. If they did they would see what is obvious about replays. They work 100% for recruit games, they work most of the time for norm/hard/vet. Setting -NM on the other hand is a surefire way to throw replay into trash, what leads to a simple conclusion that something about code related to -nm interferes and wrecks replay.
  8. supernova

supernova New Member

niktos, i applaud you for speaking your mind in such a straight forward manner.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

All we're doing is attempting to get more information on the problem. 'yall need to chill the fuck out.
  10. vexxenon

I reported the bug, everyone that played the game understood the problem/bug, it is not new, it has happened in the past. A screenshot of the bug was uploaded as evidence. In my opinion, that is way enough information.

No one said anything until you have 2 admins ask for non-working replay, "thinking" how they are contributing to this thread. If they truly think what they are doing is helping with bug identification, they must be kidding themselves.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

You reported the bug really fucking poorly. You gave a brief and simple description lacking any detail whatsoever. The only person that provided actual evidence of this happening was phly, and even then it was only a single screenshot. While that's evidence of the bug happening, it still lacked a ton of description - are the sounds playing? Did they go invisible after a short amount of time or were they invisible from the start? Did they still deal damage?

That's great. We were not in that game and we cannot be in every game. That's why we ask you to provide a reasonable amount of evidence of a bug happening when it does. When we say "do you have a replay", we're asking "do you have anything else to showcase this problem so we can better identify where it came from so we can better fix it".

Do we know that replays have been screwy for a long time? Yes. But sometimes they're not. Like Nik said, it's a crapshoot. This is not evidence of the devs not playing, this is evidence of the devs looking for any additional information that they may be able to use to fix the problem. If the replay is borked then that's fine, because they've been borked for a long time. There's just a chance that it wasn't, so we ask just in case. Considering that your initial post was piss poor, Shooz probably just thought that you were being lazy and maybe if he prodded you for more evidence he could get more information instead of you getting indignant and shitty.

Additionally, Shooz is the only admin that asked for a replay - Extifer is not an Administrator.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. vexxenon

There are only two instances for Orbital laser, during surv, and during sec, both are broken.
    Screenshot is provided by Phly.
    Replay does not work therefore not submitting.
    No one knows how it happens, orbital laser is just invisible(dot on the ground has low visibility) has happened in the past, and is still happening. Most likely related to simple line in coding, this problem has been fixed before.
    All other functionality of Orbital laser still works, including damage and splash.
    If you like more information, go play surv, there isn't anymore information.

So you want me to post something like above where as it makes perfect sense to all the people that plays the game?
  13. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

To be honest, my reply was only to see the reaction that would come from it. Quite frankly, I've been away for some time due to real life and its only recent that I've come back to the forums.

Anyways, the one thing I notice is the same thing I've always noticed which is, the ones that constantly bitch about NOTD being broke and this and that are the ones that don't do anything in regards to this game. If the game is broke and you are aware that only 1 person (Arcanepariah) is only able to fix it, then instead of constantly bitching either:

#1 wait for AP to fix it himself
    #2 Learn how to use the map editior and volunteer to fix it yourself
    #3 Go and find someone that knows how to code and ask them to see if they can fix this map

Lastly, realize that this is just a game and like all games they get bugs from time to time. Unfortunately NOTD is not currently composed of a large dev team like other map games out there. So if you are going to constantly bitch and complain go play something else.

I find it embarrassing that some individuals have no lives outside the screens of their monitor and like to bitch and complain about a single video game all day long.
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Yes.
  15. vexxenon

I reported a bug, so I consider that a contribution. All I see is two mods not satisfied with the format in which it was presented.

I'm not reporting a bug for Shooz or Exi or Kith, I'm reporting it for AP. I judged the amount of information from the player to the person that does all the fixing of NOTD provided by both Phly and I was beyond sufficient. Anymore would be a waste of time.

I find it embarrassing for mods on the forum to bitch over simple bug report that serves as an reminder for AP to fix on the next update, JUST because it was not in the format that they wanted in.

Exi, do you even know what you are talking about? before either you or shooz responded to this madness, this thread was quiet, no one added all these useless information until mods decide to jump in for stupid reason.
  16. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

I'm not a mod and I did nothing to incite the thread. All i said was replay would be nice (don't blow a simple phrase out of proportion).
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Moderators have the ability to change a thread's classification to Confirmed. While it's true that Shooz and I do not directly work on the map, we can still aid Arcane directly by classifying bugs as Confirmed or Intended or False Positives (maybe someone decided to turn their settings all the way down and the lasers disappeared because they like playing Starcraft II at Playstation resolution). There is a reason that we have this thread telling you to provide as much information as possible so Arcane doesn't have to waste as much time going through the bug threads and checking what is and isn't a bug.

How is it embarrassing that we're asking you to put forth some effort in making a bug report?

In my opinion, it's embarrassing that you think that being lazy and non-descriptive is helpful to the development team when the more information we have about a problem, the more likely it is that it's going to get fixed in short order. Did you stop to think that perhaps maybe the fact that the bug is back again is because the original fix broke and we may not know how to repair the new issue, in which case we need as much information as we can get to figure out what went wrong and why?
  18. SEEKRIT AGENT OTIS!!!
    • Community Leader

SEEKRIT AGENT OTIS!!! SUPPER SEEKRIT!

VEX TRIED TO DELETE THE THREAD. NO, NO!

JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ACTING LIKE AN INSOLENT CHILD DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE BUG REPORT ISN'T IMPORTANT OR VALID
  19. vexxenon

Np then, I don't mind you leave it up, I thought my bug report was unimportant, and the format was not the liking of many, therefore deleted it all together. The original intent for bug report was to communicate information to AP, with phly's screeny, it served the purpose. Thanks.
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Just because it was poorly done doesn't mean it was unimportant. That's why we ask you to put forth some measure of effort when reporting bugs - they are all important, and we would prefer them to be legible and informative so Arcane doesn't have to do everything himself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.