Of all the fucking things we have a toggle for

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by squish, Oct 9, 2014.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

The one we need the most is a goddamn toggle to disable that stupid ass drag and drop shit. I've missed so many weapons changes and it's fucked me over so much that I am frustrated to no end over it. THAT's the one goddamn thing about this game that puts me off so much. I expect it to work and it doesn't. My coffee hopped up ass can't make do with the drag and drop shit and that's the worst part.

Proposing we either fix the drag and drop issue by removing the ability to drag and drop with left click entirely or move back to the old inventory. Idiots taking items not meant for them in the latter case can be votekicked or teamkilled to get the point across.

Edit: Could also add a toggle to disable left click drag and drop.

signed, squish
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  2. stanK

stanK Member

Ouch, that coffee sounds nasty.

I always found obligatory mouse usage for inventory anoying, usually games use hotkeys for weapon switching, med/ammo usage.
    Googling however reveals this.

But if one cant add a dedicated inventory keys like F1, F2 etc... (asuming the post is true), then why cant another marine action hotkey, like x->s, be created to simply switch to the first weapon in the inventory from left to right?
  3. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

kinda sad that SC1 can detect when you press any key on single player, but SC2 can't.

Back before drag and drop, there was an icon beside you inventory which you clicked to "Equip" or "Drop". The same thing could be used, and would bring back the old "Equip" functionality, whereas "Drop" would be drag and drop to get rid of items or move them around. The default toggle should obviously be "Drop".
  4. agree that it has to be changed, when you want to swap a weapon in less than a second, with this lag, the drag n drop can be nasty, it also kills when that medikit doesnt click............................
  5. VickHead
    • Donator

VickHead Mercenary

People still use medkits? #NC4life

Yeah it can be killer trying to switch weapons at times, a small bit of lag can screw you in a pinch.