NOTD2 Models and information

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Commlink, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

The medics gonna be designed soon, look forward to it =)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

May whatever deity pleases you ahve mercy on your soul if youre joking^^ :D
  3. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

You know i didnt mean that, more like slight differences in armors like altered breast, waist parts of the armor, maybe a bit thinner marine figure. Oh well, no more Novas :p
    Dubbed: the 'nerubian marine'. You maybe want to place something in that black patch at backside.
  4. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Do the recons at least get their body suits? I miss checking out my own ass during cutscenes...
  5. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Dont worry alot of class attachments have back models and i am working on refining the models still around the waist section few teaks here and there.
    Thanks for heads up on back part.
  6. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

All units are customizable armour so pick a set you like or mix it with anothe add a camo you like to the set even ad din your own colour and find something that looks the part for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

ladys and gents i present to you my Evac styled armour set:

Marine Texure Evac.jpg
  8. Alice

Alice New Member

Dibs on sexy blue medic
  9. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

ima get one with a different helmet and in all black.
  10. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Commlink... you've got this Evac armor set... perfect. It really gives off a medical/combat field aid vibe!

Keep it up man!
  11. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

It was the night before xmas and all was sleeping expect commlink who was requesting medical assistance .. the prototype medic class specific models have arrived lady's and gents in 2 screenshots all pretty colours and armour sets enjoy. merry xmas

Marine Medic 1.jpg

Marine Medic 2.jpg

I just need your healing...
  12. Alice

Alice New Member

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! yeah i pretty much just fangirled over here
  13. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

nvm im taking the one thats currently teal in all black pls^^ ill order 100 suits so i got some to switch around.
  14. RoboMonkey

Thats it... a few add-ons to the armors u already have and that's our medic class??

I mean sure it works perfectly with the Evac armor.. but everything else... just looks like it had stuff super-glued to it.. Maybe if the color of the medical equipment correlated with the color of the armor it was attached to...

Aside from that, Monkey had a bit of inspiration in his sleep last night.
    Why don't u do make an armor that looks just like the SC II armor, labelled "Classic" Think about it, some UGC marines may not wish to part with their old armor. I personally wouldn't want to part with mine, i always loved the sunken in look and the giant torso armor. :D just something ppl could buy, and have a bit of the old NOTD in NOTD II.

Also... the Concept Picture of the basic armor is close to completion!!!
  15. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Then what would be the point in even doing class models? They, you, everyone have to be able to tell which unit is a medic/ class ... Once again i find myself saying this .. It is INTERCHANGEABLE ARMOR so mix and match to make your prefect medic as you please

The word classic applys to wc3'(notd) stuff not sc2, sc2 is only a game engine in which notd is fueled by nothing more. I have also already completed a wc3 marine so welcome to notd2 not sc2 mix and match XD. Seriously all this work just for someone to attach a sc2 marine thats like rubbing mud in work i've done so far... Think about it you do all that concept work and someone tells you needs to look more like an sc2 marine your gonna rage a bit ..

i'll look forward to it

Ah small edit i would like to point out there will also be unlockable camo for marine armours as well .. seriously sc2 marine thats gotta be an xmas joke.
  16. RoboMonkey

Oh.. Somehow i got it into my head that yiu were doing multiple armor sets for individual classes... XD

But...but.. I wuv my SC II NOTD Marine armor.. and plus i just finished paying it off...XD

We'll im just saying.. would be kinda nice to see one version off the SC II marine armor in NOTD2. Not something blizz came up with, but your own version of the SC II marine armo, cuz after playing SC II NOTD for a while, u associate things from SC II with NOTD.. or that's just my perspective. and i wasnt trying to say it needs to look more like SC II armor... im saying "It WOULD BE NICE to see some of the SC II NOTD armor, thatz all.

Plus.. i never played the World of Warcraft version.. cuz i've never played World of Warcraft.. so what i view as "classic NOTD".. is the current NOTD.

WOOT.. CAMO!!!
  17. RoboMonkey

Aight, here it is... the NOTD II Basic Armor Concept.

[​IMG]
    After staring at commlink's armor pics for hours on end,(and listening to a giant load of Christmas music), I've finally completed what's is going the starter armor, the armor that first time players begin with, labeled "Basic".​
    Also, I get the feeling that doing a pic like this will really help me outwith my portfolio, and future art jobs, cuz the ability to be able to visualize/conceptualize something, and then turn it into a 3D image/object.. goes along way in designing... well.. anything.​
    So.. hope you like it!​
    Special Thanks to Commlink - without him this and NOTD II probably wouldn't be possible.​
  18. Alice

Alice New Member

World of Warcraft? I think you have a typo, it should read Warcraft III The Frozen Throne. You know the most amazing game Blizzard has put out besides Starcraft and Diablo II. Game just turned like 10 years old and people still play it (cough, me)

Besides that, I see where you are coming from about the sc2 armor and the nostalgia it would bring for players of the sc2 notd. But, I believe what commlink is trying to say is, he has been putting all this hard work in for every class to have a different armor set then letting you have the option of customizing it and you are asking for pretty much a copy of the basic game armor.

I personally like the custom skins he has made, but maybe in the future if a lot of people want the option he would make some that look like the basic armor?
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

This was already addressed, but uh, that's kinda the point. Class attachments are supposed to stand out (especially the Medic's) so you can tell at a glance who is what. The Evac armor is the Medic's specialized armor set, so it stands to reason that the Medic gear meshes with the Evac set the best. Each class will come with a special armor set that is designed to fit with their attachments as much as possible.
  20. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Aw man that teal color one <3 , reminds me of Halo Spartan armour oh gawd.