NOTD2 Models and information

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Commlink, Dec 1, 2013.

1. EdAWACSdenyY

EdAWACSdenyY Member

I hope for some interesting features for the engineer Commlink. and fyi Robomonkey this is my favorite guns

and if I could have them my ultimate weapons of all!!
  2. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

Weapon textures, have yet to be done as how the armour sets where i slapped what ever looked good blizzard wise on them for demonstration purposes. I will be showing of weapons at a later date have to keep waiting and guessing till then.
  3. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

UT Redeemer/Shiva/Portable Ion Cannon/Nuke Beacon>all of them. Or better: Ye olde banhammer o'Shooz>all.

Back on topic:
    Dont think i missed the Tau symbol in the middle of chest. Gue'Vesa Commando coming to your screens next. Thats what i would call a technoknight armor(especially due to helmet shape), so a better related name please.
    Again approved.
  4. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

The names are just random that i came up with off top of my head like code names for the project etc. Yea the chest design was influenced by the tau i really liked it and works well in the style of the unit.
  5. squish

squish Well-Known Member

This is my rifle.. this is my gun..
  6. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Next armour set revamped and textured for your viewing pleasure : shadow

Marine Texture Shadow.jpg
  7. Eagle 11

I know the brown wave on shoulder is feature but looks more like rendering texture error something(atleast thats how ppl would perceive it). i suggest you thin that 'line' about half of what currently is and try in shape of a true wave than a zig-zag to display colored-worn off transition better.
    about other brown details: maybe change color to rust red(better worn effect) or metalic dark grey(then a bit less worn)
    Not enough spikes, why only at backside. id put some on the bracers/kneepads :p
    Guess thats the lazor rifle in hand ?
  8. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

nope not the laser rifle guess again :).

He has spikes on knee pads, arms and feet so its proportioned out correctly. The spikes on the shoulders was a creative and game play choice due to fact you look down at an angle, also when a marine runs he runs angled like / so placing them on the back gives most visual preference placing them on the front would end up being not very visible.

In terms of colouring im trying to keep metals within realistic colouring with only paint work being applied as team coloured. That in mind i went with copper, I will add in some thin lines of black to break it down into segments that should help it look less merged. You will also notice if you look on the blue marines shoulder pads that the light helps reflect different metal colours.This aspect will also be more visually noticeable in the actual light settings used on notd2 where light sources are a premium.

On a side note, we have been playing with a new feature being able to have custom camo on your marine minus team colouring sections, so consider these colour schemes like your base class and you can purchase new camouflage textures for your marine with credits.

Thanks again for feedback its very constructive and lets me examine features on my model i would not have noticed.. now if only i had more responses :p.
  9. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Next armour set i made a cross between war machine and marauder, mainly cause im a fan of iron man :). I've also been playing with how i do my textures and the emissive(thats the glowing parts) and im gonna update the rest to be more crisp and clean so enjoy : the war armour set

Marine Texure War.jpg
  10. Eagle 11

ok next guess: that was railgun?
    thats ze iron man :p
    thats propably the hk now in hand.
    K ill ask something remotely intelligent:
    What about females in NotD2 ? Will there be gender choice for marine or its limited to certain characters again, or there aint any(please not this) ?
    And a suggestion: what about an 'evil' armor, like one with horned helmet, red eyes, black hood, armor itself red, skull shoulders with resembling blood drops coming out and you know whom's mark i wish at chest :D
  11. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

OMG YES!!!! *sticks flag in commlink's back, thus claiming commlink*

You'z my bwest bwuddy fwom now on. :D

Love'n the mix of white with the regular colors.
  12. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

There will be gender choice something is in motion... There is also going to be in place the ability to select helemtless marines male and female not my choice personally, but hey i'm told its all the range these days to walk into a battlefield where toxins an stray bullets are flying around unprotected....

Any ways to answer your horned question thats actually something unique, i will be taking the armour sets once done and making variety, like maybe adding in horns to some helmets just bits and pieces that will add something extra into the play.

The rail-gun was posted a while back it has a long orange glowing strip down its barrel =/
  13. craft
    • Donator

craft Member

Great job on the models so far, cant wait to see in-game screenshots of them with the shadow , shading etc applied.

For gender choices, i would prefer more time spent on the current chac designs and movement animation etc to provide a better gaming experience rather then do 2x the work now and create female versions for every class.

another suggestion would be perhaps, create a few male specific classes, a few female specific classes, and a few classes where you can select male or female, such as rifleman, commando etc. That would also reduce the workload
  14. RoboMonkey

I've got a question.. is NOTD2 gonna get sued over the use of an iron-man like helmet being used in a SC II game, by Marvel Entertainment?

just throwing that out there...
  15. craft
    • Donator

craft Member

really doubt so since they are not completely copying and pasting it. it is more like ... "inspired by"
  16. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

As craft said the designs are inspired by now if i was to copy the whole suit chest, designs etc then we would have a problem. My shoulders are clearly different as is the chest back of helmet the list goes on. Its same with the tau styled chest its influenced, but not a copy.

I think female implementation is having the same model, but female voices and portraits so not 2x the work. Im not about to make skinny outfits for no reason other then drooling, a good example of correct armour is the medic same style as marine.
    The only thing class related that i do is model attachments, character design if you mean class thats done by kith his fleshing stuff out and the other class related stuff.

My workload is huge trust me i can't create 1 unit and say job done i have to create 14/15 separate.

If your interested i make the models, uvw, occ map them create textures/spec/normal/emissive. Export each model piece as 1 individual model reattach it to a base model inside sc2 test the graphics portion, reflection extrudes indents lighting and adjust according to my own pc graphics.
    so for example each foot is 1 model .. you start to understand the scoop of things.
    Now for animation side of things i only need 1 unit as the base which stores and has all the attach points and animation, and using set groups we can start stop different animations based on class defined roles in galaxy editor. The longest and most painful part of this process is actually the armour sets themselves as there is like so many different sets i have to make sure match or align up correctly. Currently the animation in place is all sc2 standard with adjustments, i will be adding in animation such as pistols, melee weapons later on as currently without the map how can anyone actually see the animations.

hope that helps, keep the feedback coming i'll get kith to pop in when his on an answer the class stuff for you.
  17. RoboMonkey

Aight.
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Commlink is correct: Female versions of classes will be the same model, but feature different portraits, soundsets, and show a female head when the helmet is removed. For those that think the armor needs to be more "feminine" or "sexy", such armor is incredibly stupid and I have zero interest in implementing it.

[​IMG]

This image illustrates my feelings on the matter.
  19. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

ok got my coffee check, some 4 hours sleep check im good to go ok worked on this all yesterday (literally like 20 hours) from start to finish just went right way through so here is Breach...

Marine Texure  Breach.jpg
    Yea .. baby XD
  20. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

give me that which would the medic but completly in black!^^ and not a shiny black but a real camoblack that will even let a black hole blush in shame :p
    Awesome work btw