NOTD2 Models and information

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Commlink, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Hello, friends. I am here to answer questions.

All classes will have non-editable attachments that signify their class. For instance, the Medic will have an additional visor, backpack, and syringe on her arm. The Recon will have a headset and a large satchel.

In the new-and-improved credit shop, where you will be able to apply whatever armor pieces you have earned as you feel is appropriate.

Each class will be restricted to a handful of armor sets (about 5 per class, including the "basic" set). No class will have access to all armors.

Most will be achievement based, but some will be purchased with credits. Players will also be able to trade armor pieces.

Banks.

Yeah, I would've released an information packet, but I've been busy. Much to do. I'll be posting more on player progression and rewards in the next few days - keep an eye out.

They're currently in development. Don't worry, you'll be able to tell what class someone is regardless of what armor they're wearing.

The heavy classes are not ready yet.

No, the Technician is going to remain. The Heavy classes are Assault, Flamethrower, Demolitions, and Technician. The Engineer, considering that we no longer have to use Rory Swann, is being redone as a Light class.

No, Commlink is going to be making animations so everything looks nice and appropriate. Units will even have melee animations, so the Crowbar, Chainsaw, and Fusion Cutter will no longer be "guns".
  2. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Chainsaw? Fusion Cutter? Me gusta.
  3. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

Sorry Squish, what is it your asking?

If your asking will there chainsaw and fusion cutter models/weapons the answer is yes.
  4. squish

squish Well-Known Member

"Units will even have melee animations, so the Crowbar, Chainsaw, and Fusion Cutter will no longer be "guns"."
    "Chainsaw? Fusion Cutter? Me gusta."
    Me gusta = I like this. The concept of new melee weapons intrigues me to a great extent.
  5. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

ah ok, i understand you now and yea there will be melee animations so smacking attacking someone with a crowbar is a real possibility.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Mhm. The Crowbar will remain the "all purpose" melee weapon, while the Chainsaw will be the rapid attack anti-light and the Fusion Cutter will be the slow attack anti-armored. Nothing like cutting something in half with a nuclear reaction. The Chainsaw and the Fusion Cutter will require ammo, though, so keep an eye on your magazines.
  7. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Is it possible to have a normal attack animation for the Chainsaw, and the FC, and then consume moar ammo to increase the attack power for a short duration, leading to a penalty at the end (reload)?

Fusion cutter heats up past safety limits, causing more damage, whereas for the chainsaw, the engine revs up more, generating more damage.
    The end penalty would be a doubled reload time in exchange for increased DPS for the duration of the magazine until reload, and would have a LONG cooldown associated with it. Lore behind this concept would be that the Fusion Cutter shuts itself off prevent a meltdown, and the chainsaw has simply thrown its chain off and another needs to be attached.
  8. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Define normal Attack animation ? Do you mean marines attack?
  9. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

I haven't had time to read through the listing of weapons of NOTD2 (if one was released), but does NOTD-2 finally get a Minigun as a playable weapon, and I'm not talking about a chaingun... I'm talking about a real, bonified, 6 barreled, Minigun.

[​IMG]
    (Feel Da Thunda.)
    I mean ffs, what would make mowing down millions of zombies more fun, than something that fires 2,000 to 6,000 rounds per-minute???​
    If not, then I highly recommend it be added to the game (you could probably use Tychus's weapon as the base)... cuz it's just so freaking OP looking :D
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Nope. Too easy to stack with Concentrated Fire, Adrenaline, ect.

No, I haven't released a weapons list for NOTD II. However, on the subject of a minigun: ;)
  11. squish

squish Well-Known Member

o.o''
    Minigun all the things. Minigun all the things everywhere.
    Stay low. Go fast. Kill first. Die last. One spray. A hundred kills. No luck. All skill.
  12. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

LOL you guys are going to love the weapons but, please stay on topic or I will hit you so hard with my ban hammer your children wont be able to post.
  13. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

As people have been requesting or making suggestions on the textures of models i updated my deadline, just finished the basic colour scheme for all models. Screenshots inbound and team colouring usual feedback please and remember these are editor renders not in game.

Marine Texure Basic.jpg
  14. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

The distribution of non/tcable parts are ok. I disagree with helmet, understand you wanted something more akin to today's astrounaut suits but keep in mind thats an armor designed for operating in space they should have progressed further than that by then.
    The tc 'gem' on shoulders looks as if exists solely as indicator for player's color, as if not natural part of the armor. Other than this2 looks fine.
    *offtopic note:what happent to reply func cant add spaces or reword without overwriting what i already typed?*
  15. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Thanks for feedback
    Here are some answers as to why things are the way they are:

Helmet/Armour design was based on concept art shown to me, I think they where going for more astronaut look. That being said you can always pick different armour parts if you don't like what you have.

In the shoulder placement "gem" this was also done similar to the concept artwork, but i left the UGC logo out so was more generic. I did go for a paint peeling/worn effect, perhaps i can apply a more lighter shade in places on the shoulder, would this work?

Side note/ Information:
    Also take into consideration these are not in game renders, in game rendering will display normal map and spec. For those that don't know normal map creates a visual 3d effect on the unit giving depth to a flat surface, Specular map will react to different light sources and combined with the normal helps curve light around certain armour parts giving it a raised or indented feel.

In my personal opinion i wanted to get away from the sc2 marine where blizzard just plastered team colouring, it makes the unit look plastic.

Someone else wanna answer this, still kinda new to forums.
    Think when you edit gives you a white edit box, click more options and gives you all your text.

Once again thank you for feedback keep it coming, each piece of feedback makes notd2 one step closer to reality.
  16. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

Ah apologies i didnt see that concept art shown to you.

There is also an idea like, since all suits are supposed to(or maybe theyr not,idkrly) sport the 'ugc' logo/text on them tc can be applied through text outline color or partly at the emblem itself like whatever emblem/text going to be used painted into the armor on texture layer as opposed to present as default swappable decal. If done that decals would still be present but you would prevent players form overriding the default, something like left shoulder remains always ugc right is customizable. etc.

*offtopic note:nvm, fixed itself :p*
  17. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

I've been told no decals will be used on the armours themselves, so make sure they can not be used etc. The logo is an idea in itself, but stuff like branding i usually leave up to kith. Splashing a UGC logo on everything would also mean those parts cannot be used for say mercs and other secret things no one knows about yet :).
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I'm not really a fan of decals. They're tiny and awful, in my opinion. I'm aiming for more customization that is easily visible.
  19. EdAWACSdenyY

EdAWACSdenyY Member

Maybe include some hilarious fun-looking special customizations??? like perhaps a probe helmet or some other really bizarre misc. extra special custom (I was thinking shark-tooth or clowns or duck faces)

On a side-note: Good job on the latest images Commlink love the way you added in different colours

PS. Theses are only suggestions
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Some of the other, crazier mercenaries will have armor pieces you can earn from them if you beat them in certain ways. These armor pieces can be assigned to any class once earned, and will mostly consist of variants of the more common armors.