Implemented NOTD2 Enemies + Q&A

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Kith, Mar 29, 2013.

1. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Is there going to be "increase mobility" like you claim to have loved so much about NotD:AM? If so, how?
  2. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

That heals madness, not short circuit.

Only possible heals for SC is the Engi's repair beam and Tech's lvl 3 drone.
  3. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Considering it heals madness, all stacks of ow, and all stacks of cripple (does cripple stack?), I got a little confused on whether or not it removed all ailments.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yes. Jumping will be present.
  5. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Because madness, open wound, cripple are all human illnessess. Which is why the medic can quickly fix this. Short circuit is an equipment failure, which is Engineer's forte. You may as well argue about why medic can even use nano shield but can't fix it. Or why Medic can use nano shield at all and why Engineer doesn't have that ability instead.
  6. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

You guys aren't going to be using the viper as the new strangler??? aw well.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The Viper will be used as a boss. Besides, there are no hugger/stranglers.
  8. Hell kith such many enemies now i really hope that we got buffed like they did if we go in against all those then .........(you know) :D
    hope i hear about the improvements in our marines soon like we heard about infested i for myself think that most of mutations are OP with current marines so you will IMPROVE marines TRUE?
  9. RoboMonkey

well that takes all the fun out of it, lolz.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I will be adjusting player bonuses and equipment. Weapons are also being rebalanced.

Which mutations do you think are overpowered, out of curiosity?
  11. to start with
    when we took those guys out we used there low health and terrible armor penetration
    a cliff climbing baneling (it is raining banes ) will be the cry :)
    too much ailments when you get 1 venom and 1 ow per hit that kills a light class and the 1.5 radius will make it impossible to kill without much damage if he gets close
    my imagination is a group of aragons and immortals with 3 or 4 of this one so every time we hit one below 50% we get a healed horde ..... sigh (2.5 is what the area of a ramp at the fort? (i am bad with area calculation
    i imagine this as a terrible thing if this happens with infested marines and ghouls (ghouls would cover the 6 in no time and marines would shoot instantly this i understand is a method to prevent soloing if so i agree (although it is difficult but who does not like a little challenge )if not then make infested marines dont borrow
    you have to remember that flying enemies are soo fast so they can easily get in shooting range so imagine 5 harpys exploding near us with none could attack just explode we got flying venom banes :D

to end this i dont mind some challenge so you can implement all those and i will find a way to avoid all what i said as that is just statistics we do not have the practical stuff yet when we have them we will talk OP again
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

They're still tankable. Protection Assault has no problem handling them.

The Engineer's Plasma Charge is 4 radius, so 2.5 is slightly more than half that size.

There will be no Infested Marines in NOTD 2 that are regular enemies. Currently there are two planned Infested Marines, one of them being a boss that stalks the players' movements and harasses them throughout the match. As for Ghouls, there are not present either.

You're assuming that spawns will be similar to NOTD, and you're also assuming certain mutations will be common. Only on the highest possible difficulty (maximum rating, nightmare mode) will these "super normal" enemies be regular, and even then they will not comprise the entirety of a wave (only about 60% at most). Teams that know how to focus fire will find some of these mutations beneficial, if anything - blowing up venomous enemies that are nestled within a horde will present players with a free disable, as the venom will effect all units around it, not just the players.
  13. this is exactly why i said we will talk again after the practical test as i have no idea whether you will have same system or different (now i know you will have different system) cant wait to try that out ZOMBIES I AM COMING
  14. RoboMonkey

will there be any "blasts from the past", such as old bosses making re-appearances or cameos, cuz everyone likes a good ole blast from the past.
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Maybe. Depends.
  16. RoboMonkey

Cuz i got a few ideas.

- Nafash's corpse from HoTS campaign mission "Harvest of Screams" could be used as Eos' remains(like if the UGC recovered it and sent it off to mars to be studied)

- a possible clone of erebos?

- a second IVAX unit? (i remember reading that IVAX in NOTD was supposed to be sent to mars, but because of the outbreak never made it.)

- NPC or player controlled Devastators? (Lets face it... the Thors are fun to use :D)
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Maybe. Depends.
  18. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

With my connection stable and HOTS active, I'll return to Modding/Mapping Duty, expect to see good stuffs soon:)
  19. Hades

Hades Member

any chance the engineering gun and radar tower will see a return (for shared vision and people being able to scout with linked vision) ? forgot the name
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

You mean the Field Nexus? Yes. All of the classes are retaining their current skills. They may be tweaked (for instance, in NOTD 2, plasma based weapons and abilities will deal additional bonus damage to shields), but they will remain the same.

If you're asking about something from Aftermath, please be more specific, because I'm not quite sure what you mean.