notd :)

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, May 16, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I love this game!
  2. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

If we didn't like it why have a forum, a community and a wiki based on it?
  3. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Lol why are you always so serious? Im just tryin to show some notd love man!
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Exactly, just show your appreciation! :)
  5. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Wuuuuuu appreciation yaaaay zombies!!!!
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Where's the choice for hate it? There's no game I loathe more than NOTD. >(

User was beaten with a rubber chicken for this post.
  7. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

must...slay...Ramses...II..
  8. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

LOL Blaqk
  9. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

?

[hr]
    lol someone did ninja :D yay
  10. Ryan III

I am serious in the NotD disscusion, but in the general disscusion I like to annoy people (see thread NotD:Noob of the Day where I annoy Lacus)

Now for something on topic:
    NotD I love, there's no game I like more, the new Red Solstice game by syrus (sry if I miss spell his name) will be the only thing that has a chance, and either way, they're both technacly NotD because the Red Solstice was inspired by NotD.
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Well, if we want to get into specifics, NOTD SC2 is based off of a WC3 game by syrus. NOTD SC2 is actually the 4th or 5th game with the NOTD title after NOTD, NOTD2, NOTD AM, and possibly NOTDSO, not sure which came first (although this one certainly has a larger following than NOTDSO). So really The Red Solstice is as much NOTD as NOTD SC2 is.
  12. Ryan III

if i'm too serious what does that make this post?
  13. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Educational.
  14. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Though you should know that NOTD: Special Ops just... well... it just sucks. Seriously, there's a reason why the last time I looked Special Ops was on page... 27 and NOTD NA is on page 2.
  15. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Its a flat remake of NOTD2. That would be well and good, except they got lazy and just threw the WCIII stats into SC2. They convert over poorly, and the entire map is based around inbalanced numbers. This is only compounded by the fact the game is confusing as fuck for new players.
  16. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Yeah and players move slower than Overlord in NOTDSO, while zombies move faster than players.
  17. Ramses II
    • Donator

I don't have an issue with having the zombies faster than the players, but I'd like it to take less than 20 minutes to get from one side of the map to the other.
  18. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Not sure im corect but the map is supposed to be big, 4 dome or mini cities with 5000 ppl was it? Maybe 20 min is quite some time but i think the idea is to be big. I wish there was more interactive stuff in each area, that way each area has its own feel. Its pretty detailed but since it is kinda a big and long map each area could have more stufd to do area specific. Meaning if you bring 2 ppl to turret hex they dont just get turrets and leave maybe add something in there like a piece of the story or a stat/buff that lasts the game for helping the team? Or maybe bring a tech to scrapyard and Do a mini quest and get a game buff for crawlers? Since its the sy and he takes scrap metal and turns into those lovley killers. Idk something to make each area more than just an area but a meaningful place to scout/ go everytime u play, instead of just go here kill this, get xp, stand here kill this get xp. Eun here stand here, oop your too slow -1 rating but you get xp. I guess something that will make the game different everytime is wat im looking for :p

19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Actually the official population at "H Hour", when the outbreak happens is about half a million.

And NOTD: Special Ops is supposed to take place in a contemporary US City or something. It's a whole different game. About the only thing he has in common with NOTD NA is the fact there are zombies, and that there are marines.

But yeah. Adding a few color moments to NOTD wouldn't be a terrible thing, at all. But The Man, if I remember the topic a long time ago on the old board, doesn't want objectives adding tangible benefits necessarily (Too many rewards already, and hell, skipped even though there are rewards), but ones that merely reveal part of the story or something.
  20. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Well wat i was thinking was something like, +5-10 (ramdomed??) Attack spd,move spd, maybe even def, but just for the game for a few ppl. Or even a randomed mission :eek: varying anywhere from knife sheep to uh well whatevers the hardest mission based off mostly nothing, but rating slighlty. That would either become ppls fav hex or least ifav quick. But depending on rating it could give higher percentage to randoms accordingly. Also the main point is to have fun but this would spice things up a bit.
    [hr]
    Sry for typos im using phone.. cant conncet my pc from work :( pains me to speak of notd without being able to play X( but think about it, you could get sheep, another civ run, maybe even a boss from another chapter like deimos?? Or maybe you save someone (random survivng alpha team marine???:O) that has a pack of hungry zombies chasing them???
    [hr]
    Oh and thats .5-1 not 5-10 on the first line sry
    [hr]
    Also how did soneone add a 4th option to the poll ?