NOTD Ventrilo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

For those of you who do not already know. NOTD has a Ventrilo hosted for the community's use.

The information is as follows:

Hostname/IP: NOTD.NationVoice.com
    Port: 4185
    Password: notd (This is case sensitive)

There are MODs and ADMINs on the Ventrilo and the rules of the Ventrilo are the same rules of the forum. If you have an account on the Ventrilo, then you agree to all rules that are applied here on the forum.

Also, any punisments received for violations of these rules, on the forums or ventrilo, will be enforced on both of them.
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

It should literally look exactly like this when finished.
    [​IMG]
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I see a lot of NA and SEA players, but hardly many EU players. Hope to see more on Vent. Thanks Shooz for hosting this.
  4. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

That's because of time difference I believe
  5. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

What are the ranks/tags on the left of the names, and how do I turn them on?
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

They should be visible by default...
  7. fox

fox New Member

The ranks are assigned by Vent Mod/Maint according to your in game XP. To turn on Rank display, Right-Click on any channel/user name and check View > Rank.

[​IMG]

Note that if you never had an account set up by a Mod/Maint, your rank will be automatically "NOTD Newbie" or something like that. You will have to contact one of the Mod/Maint of your Server:

Server Owner: Shooz
    Account Maintenance: Marloe/Deficio(US), Lockhard(EU)
    Europe Channel Moderator: Yorick, Mister A.
    U.S. Channel Moderator: Zed, RandomJoe
    Sea&Anz Channel Moderator: Maniac

I think the list above is quite old and may not be accurate to date. When in doubt, PM Shooz directly.
  8. Shooz
    • Donator

Wow!! That MOTD and GMOTD are both really out of date. I'll have to update that.
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

Ventrilo MOTD updated with general information. GMOTD mirrors the MOTD.
  10. fox

fox New Member

The new MOTD looks great!
  11. Maniac

Maniac Member

MOTM on the Mac version of Ventrilo looks LOL. haha

[attachment=587]
  12. Shooz
    • Donator

Thats the code I made lol.
  13. Razor

Razor New Member

I'm aware that very few EU players use Vent anymore.
    NOTD w/o Vent was kinda hard to imagine back in the days, and Vent rly makes the communication and fluentness of the game much better. Besides, it brings ppl together and the conversations there rly makes the whole situation much better.
    Long ago we had lots of Vent users, but the new players or the one who "rise" just don't use Vent.
    I guess this is the 21st century, young ppl are distant from each other thanks to Facebook and other similar application... sad...
  14. Maniac

Maniac Member

Vent and facebook is totally different thing, and i don't think its actual reason why EU people (assume it is, cuz ur post say so) don't use Vent these days. We SEA, even with smallest population, always full of people, say at least 5~7 people online on Vent. Some of them are shy, or don't have mic (most reason why they don't bother use vent). But we still manage to get new people get on vent, and every game we play, they jumps on, no matter what.

The key is, being consistant. You have to keep remind people to use Vent, especially new players who just got on vent, and make sure you make full use out of it. Ventrilo means you get a good game (key)
  15. Banshee

Banshee New Member

HI guys.

Kinda new to NOTD side:D. Just been trolling the site for awhile and found this. Really nice system, I have never heard a EU player mentioning this during or pre game.

Out of interest how many people are using the EU section??
  16. fox

fox New Member

Thanks to Blaqk's recovery effort, the old Vent Setup Guide can now be accessed via the following link:

Vent Setup Guide

Use the guide if you have absolutely no idea what to do with Vent.
  17. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I used to use vent a lot more in the past but these days the headset really presses against my right temple which leads to a numb ears after a while.
    The other 2 reasons are that being on a laptop ppl complain that I got a lot of background noise while talking and talking requires key to be held down (necessity as otherwise you get constant noise and poor voice recognition as I have the mic far away since not wearing it due to above reason)

Since listening only means I still have to type, I rather just focus on typing.
  18. Scar

Scar New Member

how many?
    well for past few months i saw only 4 peeps(including me) there though i didnt play notd much recently so there may be someone else
  19. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

The way vent is right now (especially with the D3 population exodus), it's best used as an augment to gameplay communication and not a 2ndary channel where you expect to find games.

Cors' this wasn't the case in the past and it was quite easy to get a game just by hanging around in vent

but that was also a time when seeing 2 notd channels filled to the brim was not uncommon :p
  20. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Yknow what would be funny. NOTD D3 players using vent to communicate
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.