NOTD Tutorial Suggestions

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ramses II, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

There won't be banelings/blindings in Boot Camp. These are also standard enemies in mainstream ladder/campaign so they should be relatively clear what their general threat level is.

- Updated Arcade Icon for Boot Camp
    - Additional polishing on Training Field
    - Mousing over Objective Arrows no longer changes cursor
  2. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

At the moment training field got issues regarding skills.
    As mando starting from adrenaline other skills dont come up into command card/hotkeys dont work either. Did not test other combinations. On other hand demo got no problems.
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks - will investigate.
  4. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Just died during evasive action of Fire Mission... :-/:-/
  5. LitleJunior

LitleJunior New Member

Teaching them about what items is the best to take with certain characters is also good so they will never take any item they found directly because I hate some newbs just take anything they found and some of them won't listen :dodgy:
  6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

The tutorial highlights certain weapons for occasions but optimal weapons for each class is out of the scope of Boot Camp. It can be suggested in Training Field after players select their class.
  7. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

Training field immunity can be bypassed by stinger/l3 leading to self tk.

After bit of thinking and playing around with it i would suggest adding an indestructible object of sort into training field allowing for training/learning reloads with weapon of choice.

It`s based on numerous complaints i heard regarding 'too high risk' of letting newer player have fun with for ex stinger in actual games. Or other power weapons coz 'you will fail reload and we will get swarmed' and comment of the like.
    Resulting in people not knowing how to handle guns efficiently.
  8. ComradeHX

ComradeHX Well-Known Member

Maybe training camp could take place in a time after Apollo outbreak.

So those actual infected units can be used as "simulation dummies"(powered by 3d holographic projection or something) of some sort based on data gathered by "certain recon element" during the outbreak and cleanup operations.

NOTD already goes from EC->AC->SEC on reverse chronological order.
    Having a training camp for newbie marine after the apollo outbreak makes sense.
  9. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Humpz was complaining that the Boot Camp says "4 players" but you can only have one player in it >.>

I told her I think it was because of the AI, but w/e...
  10. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

When joining bootcamp it makes sc2 stop responding for a few sec
  11. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Is Humpz the first person to do the Tutorial on nightmare mode?

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Gosh my graphics are amazing guys!
  12. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

This happens to me everytime I play bootcamp. First time I want to play it, it will freeze forever (it's never unfrozen, I just give up and stop sc2 after 10-15 minutes). Then once I restart sc2 and try to play bootcamp, it will stop responding again but this time only for a few minutes before finally loading up.

Lol, must try that.
  13. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Yes, I loved the reverse chronological order of NOTD. We could state that this Boot Camp is to prepare marines for mission Mars (NOTD2) after Moon (NOTD1) is cleansed by EC.

If that's the case, we could use the captured Tartarus appear in bootcamp as well (to the fact that you could capture Tartarus in EC), this can give tips for new players and also enhance their chances of survival on their first game at EC Tartarus. Give them a leeway and easy knowledge on the first boss in EC only.
  14. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

There won't be zombies in Boot Camp. The outbreak in Apollo is a one-off thing and won't be part of any UGC Marine training.

AP is helping me with the inventory update for Boot Camp - hoping to get it done by next weekend. May also turn Training Field into a 3-4 player (either as observers or actual live units) setting later to improve community and new player interaction.
  15. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Can boot camp be used for the Tutorial tab in the right hand corner becuase not everyone reads the description.
  16. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

At the moment it doesn't work if the tutorial is made on a different physical map or is locked. AP will re-check if latest patch allows such a feature.
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

NA Server Boot Camp map now has Voice Acting testing - just a few lines are in (ends after the rally point movement training). Please give your feedback.

General Koller is ok, but the voice actor for Linh isn't good. Omega has been trying to find good female voice actors but we can't get any.

Omega: Can we ask the Koller actor to do the voice overs for Linh's role? I can replace it with Sgt. Stallans. Voice will be American male. He'll also just need to redo the 'I've assigned Capt Linh..' to 'I've assigned Sgt. Stallans to personally oversee your training' for General Koller.
  18. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

Ok, next week I'll talk with him. But about Linh?
    I think that we should talk to her anyway.
  19. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Her voice is still lacking authority and assertiveness. One problem is that she's trying to record too many lines at once. Maybe ask her to re-do the first set until end of waypoint mission first. Every recording needs to sound good.