NOTD Trailer - Does It Need An Update?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ability, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

The current NOTD trailer is more than 2 years old.

Do you feel that it needs an update? And if yes, what should we do differently? The main purpose of this trailer is to attract new NOTD players. It shouldn't run more than 1.5 minutes and should be understandable even to people who don't play StarCraft 2 (since Arcade is free to play now). Thanks.
  2. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

That thing is archaic. Yes it needs an update. The load screen is new, the story line icons, some cut scenes were removed, black Raynor is no longer the rifleman, engi probes are no longer observers, etc.

Perhaps show the same footage with the up-to-date stuff. Or maybe even alternating through the story lines for each different notation. (Such as survival for "Scaling difficulty".)
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

An insanely desperate struggle you can pick at for the trailer.

Attached Files:

4. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

I liked it, my first time seeing it =). Personally i enjoy the music so you should keep that gives off the struggling hero vibe against hordes of enemy's.

Any updated altered visual content should be done with a good graphics card/max settings, otherwise it could degrade or take away from parts of the game.
  5. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Keep the up to date stuff (cutscenes are good to keep even though they don't happen anymore). Try to use more advanced stuff: Nazara with hallucinations, lasers, Apop, Perses fire wave, Eos with eggs or scream, Forward Observer gunship, nuclear missle, erebos cutscene, Ivax from sec. If you're trying to recruit people, you should focus on the coolest stuff, not necessarily what the game entails. The bait is what looks cool. The hook is the game. If we show people nazara and apop, likely they will say "I didn't see this when I played easy company, maybe i'll stick around and try a harder difficulty!". I'd keep hades and gotb out because you don't want to ruin the final boss.

I advise not taking the entire trailer from the same game either.
  6. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Actually, in hind sight, I would watch the shit out of what Rockz is suggesting, "cool stuff" I mean.

Inception is also a pretty good one, but don't put all your cards down at once.
  7. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Needs more explosions and dragons.
  8. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Needs more derps in it, and more explosions. We need Michael bay to direct it, that what we need!
  9. Nascha

Nascha New Member

Why change it? If it's not broken, don't fix it. People will come to play regardless if it is new or not.
  10. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

For one, I am sure the Dev's/Community will have fun putting it together. And people like shiny things. That is not shiny. That is so old I bet Ability had to blow dust off of it.
  11. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Now that we have replays working again, the community can easily help contribute to making a new NOTD trailer :)
  12. Nascha

Nascha New Member

Ok.. Why are we working on something that is going to be replaced by the new and better NOTD2? I would think that the Dev's have there hands full with other projects. As far as the NOTD community , there is only a hand full who would put in the time to help change the trailer. Look I like the old one but if you want to put time into make a new trailer I'm all for it. :)
    • Rainbow Sticker Rainbow Sticker x 1
  13. Marcus

Marcus Member

I support this initiative. Furthermore I would suggest that there were made more NOTD propagation videos.
    Story video :)
    Each chapter including Surv should have short sneak peek video.
    Some basics video(Showing game mechanics - taking/wearing/using/droping items, talents/stats,...Strategies - kiting, kniting,...).
    Each class should have sneak peek video :)
  14. CaptainKaos

CaptainKaos Member

captain kaos APPROVES OF THIS MESSAGE
    A B C D E + 17 = SMILY FACE