NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Don't forget
    4. Leave before cp gets awarded
  2. Annihilate

Annihilate New Member

5. Suicide at the end and only get half xp for mission and speed.
  3. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

2 Suggestions

1. Can we a get a subway system implemented?
    No coding involved to this, just the simple addition of a few Subway Entrances to some parts of the map. The Monorail System may have taken awhile but everyone can agree on this that a vast facility with a large working populace will need a transport system for proper functioning. This can also explain how creeps just pop up out of nowhere - They are using the underground network to move about.
    For Alpha Company, the mission of the Toxin Release can be changed to pumping the underground with the toxins which will in effect kill off many infested and cause several to come up. Like throwing a molotov down a very large anthill.:p

2. When there is time for this, add end-game cinematics which show players what is the result of their victory. Cutting to a black screen for the Credits is kinda boring, this will give it more of a movie effect.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Allow nano sear to be blind cast. Seems strange that you can blind cast most other AoE skills these days including Mind Blast but Nano Sear still requires vision when it is not target based and large AoE.
  5. Annihilate

Annihilate New Member

Since pathfinder has replaced engineer in apollo, there is no longer a class that is capable of fixing short circuit. Since technically the demo is a tech, would it be possible for him to have a repair or at least a short circuit cure on him?
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Nice idea, but wrong class to saddle it too. I say this only because the Demo is slated to be replaced by the Chemical Expert in Apollo Security Team.
  7. Annihilate

Annihilate New Member

When Ivan says that he wants you to draw him..... with his gauss rifle, shouldn't it say mp9 instead since that's his weapon of choice?

If that is the case when it comes to the demo being replaced in apollo in favor for chemical, can the pathfinder then have some sort of skill like emergency repair or shield expertise to only fix short circuit since he is the same class as engineer?
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Thematically I think the Technician would be the best choice.

Tech: Guy who fixes stuff around Apollo.

Path: Guy who pistol whips people and flies around.
  9. Annihilate

Annihilate New Member

But, the technician has total disregard for shields since he has only 1 shield point, how would he be qualified to do such a heal, not to mention that would make him even more overpowered as it is since its the only ailment that affects him with his immunity as opposed to the pathfinder who has 100 points of shield.
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

It can be balanced out by tying it to a skill. For example, making it something that the drone on the Weapons tree does. And would actually give Weapon techs a reason to level it up and use it, while either slowing down the ModTech from getting March or making them suffer until post level 9.
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Technician. He fixes things, doesn't imply he uses what hes fixed. A person can fix something, but doesn't have to use it. An Engineer can always create a bridge, but does it mean because he created said bridge he will use it? The answer would be no, just because you can fix something doesn't mean you use what you can fix.

So, no, the fact that he doesn't use shields at all doesn't imply he shouldn't be qualified to fix them.
  12. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

13. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

DO IT NOW
  14. HamCient

HamCient New Member

In order to more effectively notify users that certain skills can TK, here is a few suggestions. The suggestions are to prevent people giving excuses like.. '"oh.. i didn't see the ff warning at the end of the line" or "oh.. it's fine print".

1. BOLD the word.

2. Change the friendly fire word to red font or even better paint the skill name in red as well.

3. Put the word "TK POSSIBLE" next to the name of the skill at it's title to allow user to know the TK possibility of the skill at a quick glance. E.g. Fire Mission (TK POSSIBLE)

For skills that stuns friends like Monofilament for Marksman, it should also bare the same warning as all TK-able skills.
  15. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

It was either this or have a drone that doesn't regenerate energy, taking energy to use it's skills and then dying when it runs out of energy. (With the skills being cutter, some sort of scan and remove sc).

Personally, I'm inclined to use this one, as it would offer more utility and more versatility, something that I think the drone is designed to do.
  16. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Agreed with this ^

Considering Chem is pro tker, making tech's MOTM look more harmless.
  17. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Maybe just put in chem expert's description

Extremely hazardous to team. Use at your descretion.
  18. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

i like the energy idea but a lot of bugs happen with medic or engineer energy regen skills.
  19. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

a -swapclass <player#> command that requires both people to use the command that could only be used in the first 2 minutes of a game?
    It would work like this:
    Say player 3 misclicked and picked Medic while they were supposed to pick Rifleman.
    So player 5 who was supposed to go Medic picks Rifleman.
    Player 5 would then type -swap 3 or -swapclass 3
    Player 3 would confirm it with -swap 5 or -swapclass 5
    Just an idea :)
  20. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

(03-01-2012 07:16 AM

A good idea has been lying around for this long unattended? HERESY! *BLAM*
    +1

On other news, is it just me or are the drones as they are right now immortal? Feels like they're ignored by everything around that can hit them at times.

In fact, I've never lost a drone aside from them dying to cooldown or popping when I've had them use the laser cutter thrice (Shift + Command spam on targets ftw).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.