NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcus

Marcus Member

this comes to me too strictly and i can imagine ppl will just leave when classes they dont want to play will left for them when this version of -ex is proceed and no exped cos they left(if they dont pick).
    I see why u want it but exped is more about agreement then beying host and typing -ex and wait if ppl will accept it or leave(Most medals are based on team agreement and performance if u want get medal then someone's decision - see the surv nm pubs they usually fail etc.).
  2. Marcus

Marcus Member

Could infested marine become buyable pet model?
  3. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

and exped chatcommand seems kinda pointless. usually if people want to paly exped they advertise the game as exped and/or do a classcall at least before anyone has picked/the game starts.
  4. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

chat is something everybody can use by default, its def not pointless. Especially since the majority doesnt use teamspeak/deosnt have a microphone/ gets lagged by too many programs open (unless you want to buy every single player a mic + gamingear pc). If you want to give a single palyer the chance to rethink his choice give him a -repick command. A command that can only be used ONCE by one person in the whole team. If someone needs to repick in an exped game i can only assume the team didnt even ask if all are for exped or he misclicked ona different class by accident (which can happen). Chances are if your team does not even do a Classcall or asks if all are in for exped it wont work anyway.
    and why exactly would the -nm command be pointless? its HAS to be typed to activate nightmare mode. That way the team can decide not to type it and play an easier difficulty. It gives you the CHOICE to play nightmare or not.
    • Rainbow Sticker Rainbow Sticker x 1
  5. Marcus

Marcus Member

I could imagine 1 minute class choose time after which dropship comes and drops marines. If u havent picked u get random. During this 1 min u can change your choice(Possibly if color square would be under classes which other players choosed would be nice). And if all click ready button dropship comes sooner. But ofc this approach has its cons. Maybe if cc time wouldnt count in game time would solve that u lose like 1 min of game time for speed.
  6. Marcus

Marcus Member

Could inventory slots be trigged by F1-F7. What i checked 7 slots is max and F1-F7 are not assigned to anything. This would be helpful to change weapons/eat ammo/kits/etc easier. In some hot situations when u must do several things at once it would help a lot and in cases that inventory decides not to cooperate.
  7. squish

squish Well-Known Member

F1-F7 ARE bound in game, they're just not used. F1 I forget what it's for, but F2-F8 are Hero slots. Try it with Psi Ops hallucinations.
  8. Marcus

Marcus Member

Okey didnt try it with po and any other class that might have hero slots but isnt this possible to change(hero slots)?
    I read somewhere a suggestion about putting it on numpad(the inv triggers) but i would like to have it on left side of keyboard:).
  9. Marcus

Marcus Member

Hmm just played sec recruit. Huggers were removed:) but i would prefer if they were replaced by ghouls to new players know that there is something out there and must act accordingly.
    Decrease amout of life regenerated by deimos for each mini alive while new eggs pop.
    Other thing i noticed was that while no bar/l3/hmg the 4 tartarus in apollo have 7500 hp at aprx. 1660 sq. So fighting 4 tartarus + spam of ags(1125hp) + inf rines/seekers with m45/p45/flamers and by good with m5/ua420/sg is not fun:eek:. If nothing else increase ammo spawn or decrease hp of enemies.
    Decrease number of lasers after nazara dead.
    Increase time during u can dmg athena after she shriek.
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Tested this before the patch changing recruit even went live. Everything is manageable with a skilled team. Even recruit mode Sec-Team requires skill, knowledge, and adaptability. It honestly should never have been made available at 0xp but it is what it is.
  11. Marcus

Marcus Member

Well ofc. But im talking of how it is and squad with 4+ 0xp players is mostly gg for that 0xp players. This would help new players to win sec recruit and learn how it goes for future. I belive this is the purpose of sec being recuit.
  12. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

It's not, unfortunately. Sec should not be recruit because of the level of understanding and knowledge it requires of basics.
  13. VickHead
    • Donator

VickHead Mercenary

How about a button to choose a random storyline for the indecisive crowd.
  14. Marcus

Marcus Member

Could madness protect you from getting stunned from queen shriek? After getting hit by shriek and not stunned madness could be cured but i like more if not.
  15. Marcus

Marcus Member

Could tech become bigger during motm?
  16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

I swear he used to.
  17. Marcus

Marcus Member

Could there be -ds command for checking if distinguish service medal is lost or not? Or some -cm command for checking what medals can be/are eligible?
  18. Marcus

Marcus Member

Could be increased hit rate tolerance in ac mainly nm or globally when there is no taunting?
  19. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

some sort of reduction to the energy cost to the delta commandos abilities, because currently he lacks energy regen compared to ops mando and (I know this changed a while ago) without combat hardened he doesn't get increased energy/energy regen.

suggestion: each level of BTD reduces the energy cost of his abilities by 1 or 2(depending on the ability, possibly 2 for "The Horror")
  20. Marcus

Marcus Member

According to various inputs I think NOTD pages should be more propagated. There is lot of ppl who dont know of http://notdstarcraft.com/ or http://notdstarcraft.wikia.com/ or any other NOTD related pages.

Wiki should be added to game info page in sc2 as game mechanics/tutorial reference
    During class choosing on right side could be ui dialog window with all page reference with short description that disappears after choosing class
    Maybe add some "links" button in ui to show these links with short description during game if player didnt noticed/pay attention to it during class picking to check it anytime.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.