NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunny

bunny Member

If you can micro all 3 probes at the same time with the rest of zoo engi stuff, then you are probably hacking. Even with 1 probe zoo engi used right is pretty micro intensive, to use 3 at once you would have to ignore all your other abilities. You would have to deselect your engi (no reloads, no kiting, no running for your life) and trust that he is OK to cycle through the probes. Sure they are helpful for like 5 minutes, but after that the extra 2 probes are hardly useful.

Also the slow and armor debuff are not that great compared to plasma discharge, roughly equivalent in those stats but discharge is so much more useful and is so much easier to use. Using both at once is silly. The T2 upgrades are so much better than 2 more probes.

Probes themselves don't need a buff, but their upgrade does. A second and third probe is hardly useful. I would get everything else in the tree (and then go to other tree) before that, hands down.
  2. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Their is limited usefulness but be realistic, none of your examples explain any use in having 3 of them. The only time they become useful as meatshields is with nexus buff, and until recent nerfing the skills were ok.
    Engineer is a great class but the probes are literally wasted energy, good players tend to either not create the probe or just have 1 follow them because it's almost impossible to justify sacrificing it after spending 25 energy on it.
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Last I checked the only way to waste energy was to not use it.
  4. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Great point bunny that's kinda what I was getting at with terrible organization.
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Due to the fact that NOTD 2 is now on the horizon, this thread has been unstickied to relieve clutter.

Thanks!
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

nooooooooooooo......
  7. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Still going to suggest some changes for certain in-game content since new content is already out of the picture. And I know certain stuffs are still kinda buggy and haywire.

Make IVAX fight almost same as Demeter, stay invul until he reached the team. It's very annoying to have the arti FO start the party, then IVAX just get close enough to start long ranging random people instantly, causing troll death.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Member

1. Reduce friendly fire of chemical expert missiles (Scorched Earth)

2. Why? almost every skill has a friendly fire reduction, the damage is too high, the casting delay is too long, there is no warning (like there is for nuke)
    This leads to some really bad teamkills.
    I played Flamethrower Order tank in AC (~ 400 hitpoints with shield and RA armor equipped) and i got accidently ONE shotted by chemical expert.
    I wasnt even in the center of the explosion. He activated the shot before i started moving, because of the casting delay, i still got hit.

3. It would make Chemical Expert less painfull to play.
    I dont see any imbalance in this... every AOE skill has some kind of FF reduction or other mechanics (warnings) that help to prevent teamkills.
    And squishy marines will still get one shotted.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The Chemical Expert's Scorched Earth is capable of dealing damage well into the thousands, not unlike the Commando's Nuke. I really do not think it needs friendly damage reduction when it can instawipe Athena and Apop.
  10. I think it should have one of the red get da hell out of here circle that will solve the issue
  11. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

Only that it can't, raw dmg of scorch tops at 7,4k and it needs preparing stuff by stacking it with venom. Athena and Apop on max squad rating exceed 30k and 25k hp respectively.

Adding indication circle wouldn't hurt. Not sure if it still happens but like year ago scorched earth was also hitting outside of circle that shows up for aiming.
  12. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Why not just include like a targeting line to where Scorch Earth is going to be, take it from the Raven Seeker missile. I know the chem already has that for his bomb but if you change maybe change the thickness of the targeting line or the color of it?
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

First off, you're assuming max squad rating, which I wasn't. Secondly, Apop takes more damage the more Open Wounds you have (or did at one time, and I'm basing these claims on having seen it happen a while ago), and that makes Scorched Earth all the more horrifying. I think it was either five or six OWs that turned Apop into a gray smear.

Thinking back on it, Athena probably wasn't just the Chem, but still. 7.4k is still quite the chunk of change. It's not hard to communicate with your teammates that you're going to be shooting rockets at things.
  14. Triumph

Triumph Member

As far as I know damage is only applied if rockets hit you and every rocket is 120 damage.
    Teammates should not have AV stacks so there should be no bonus damage (if they do, chem should be more carefull).

So based on collision size u take rocket damage.
    If you reduce this damage by 50% on teammates, flamethrower could tank 6 rockets, or 7 if hes lucky, without dying, about the same goes for Technician.
    This would prevent accidental teamkilling.

If a marine walks close to Apop while Chem is rocketing, he will still die and thats totally fine.

But i cant stand the TK potential if someone randomes Chemical in any other storyline or picks him in survival...
  15. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Even if there is reduced FF, 12 missiles with 90% reduction still have a potential to kill anyone. Nuf said.

Then that's totally not your problem, it is either plain retardness or troll. if you can't stand the troll randoms and tks. Just leave the fucking game.
  16. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Tie the AI of Ogilvy/Ivan to 2 range. Sick and fucking tired of those 2 running off and dying like 0 xp idiots; that or give us the ability to control the little shrimps. Ogi in recruit is borderline useless against anything bigger than a stalker, and his AI range should reflect that he's a bodyguard, not a killstealing meatshield that dies uselessly.
  17. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

^And they like to attack fests until they start vomiting banelings.
  18. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

"20 Agrons?"

"I can take 'em"
  19. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Even if they're all right up your ass?
  20. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member