NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

talking bout agron detectionrange: what is their sightrange. cuz i just realized in sec nm we did, that i have to stay in almost less than shotgun range to get them to follow me.
  2. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure. Sight is 3/4 and detection is 5/6ish.
    Edit: make all round of agron sight be like his detection and let him have scope like mm for frontal range?
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Feels more like 4-5 sight, 2-3 detection.
  4. Scorpione

5. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Am I right in assuming that radius based on sight range is measured from the center of the unit and not from the edges of the sprite?

Because if so, that's almost melee range on an Agron. It won't detect anything unless the cloaked target is almost literally in its face.
  6. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

Gj linking thread that most of ppl cannot access scorp, for clarification it`s list of reduced detection ranges of various bosses, agrons and infestors. It was once in changelog as i remember having fun as smm shotguning everything after it was implemented.

That again brings a problem of full changelog not getting updated as changes are removed from curent changelog. Numerous changes made cannot be found there or my browser search is broken.

On the note of giving agrons 'scope', agrons have wallvision already as far as i know, one level highgrounds only but they do. [I`m like 70% sure of it feel free to clarify/correct/laught at me if i`m wrong.]
  7. Scorpione

Correct.

Yup was in change log. I forgot it wasn't public :p
    Show Spoiler

They don't. I've never seen highground with an mced agron. Also if they have "scope" but without the wall vision would seem more legit.

Since the vision is from center I guess the detection range should be back to 5 and vision up to 7.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Agrons are supposed to get boosted detection with the Recon Rework, and also a Detector Radius so you can actually tell how much leeway you have. The Detector Radius will be the most helpful by far in rebalancing Detection, because we will have a visual indicator of what is okay and what isn't. We're probably going to save all of the detection tweaking for the Recon Rework, as only three characters can access stealth and one of those three can only access it in a limited capacity.
  9. Scorpione

40cp bonus isn't active. Definitely not the 1range detection atleast. Didn't pay attention for the vision.
  10. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

The range detection is active, the problem is that it starts at the center of the model, so 1 range puts it barely outside your unit model. I need to redo it such that it starts at model edge instead of center.
  11. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Just add the model size to the detection range and leave the tooltips saying a normal number.
  12. squish

squish Well-Known Member

They most certainly do give sight to one level up in terms of terrain. Ever been at the old EC muta holdout and being overrun and be sprayed down by infesteds on the ground? That's because agrons give sight for +1 height range to infested.
  13. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

Change FF from Demo to "Explosive Mastery": explosive deals no damage to allies and demo and explosive have now 100% increased damage.
    pros:
    - commando can't troll nuke at end
    - Noob friendly
    - satchel now better
    - ARMGG best dps
    cons
    - bad habit
    - noob skill
    - denied because op
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I'm pretty sure you mean Fire Vulnerability. Either way, no.
  15. Scorpione

So you suggested something to make people immune to explosives. So instead of troll nuke at end mando nukes allies and owns all stuff near. Same goes for sting etc. Them troll suggestion.
  16. Ginger Gerald

Ginger Gerald Well-Known Member

Remove the friendly fire capabilities of Piercing Shock from the Engi's probe. There's no real reason for it have the ability to friendly fire and it prevents trolls from shocking their teammates, potentially causing a wipe if they shock the tank.
  17. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Make agrons in EC recruit spawn 3-5 ghouls when they die. Will reinforce the idea of not to face tank agrons until the agrons die, punishing them with ghouls if they do. I literally saw an assault earlier tank all of his lives out in front of an agron, he subsequently died to an open wound, or 5 because I had no bandages. - will also make it a habit for their future games when they get into nightmare so they wont get munched by parasites - would also on that note probably be a good idea to implement the same concept for infestors too.
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Nope. Things spawning on death is a thing that is gradually introduced. Besides, sometimes facetanking is necessary.
  19. Kenno

Kenno Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware (unless it's been changed recently), once the final boss has been defeated, the Commando's nuke gets automatically disabled to prevent troll nukes.
  20. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

There is nothing the specifically disables commandos nukes. But at the end of AC there is a invulnerabillity period, which does include nukes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.