NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyo600

kyo600 New Member

A new medal call the GGG medal (good guy greg)
    You would receive this for completing a game were X number of players with Z less exp than you survive the campaign.
    This would get the community to help raise new members, as they would want the stat points.
  2. Ginger Gerald

Ginger Gerald Well-Known Member

This message should be on all the abilities that can deal damage to allies. Until that happens, tell them to go stand in a Psi Storm and see if it does anything.

Edit: Create a link to the NOTD Boot Camp arcade game in the How To Play section of the NOTD arcade game page. Currently, I assume that anybody not on the forums has no idea it exists. If NOTD Boot Camp really is meant to be played to gain a base understanding of the game, then it should be at the very least, mentioned in the NOTD How To Play section.
  3. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I actually like this idea a lot. This kind of thing will help new players become long term members.
  4. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

+1

I will always support ideas that benefits being a team player.
  5. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

A+

Love it, I'm all for the helping out the cuties ^-^
    And this will encourage others to assist and support each other.
    But why not, Good Girl Gregette? ;P
    • I'll drink to that! I'll drink to that! x 1
  6. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Use this instead of silver star
  7. Ginger Gerald

Ginger Gerald Well-Known Member

Its a great idea, but Humpz, why not Good Girl Gina? Gregette is a terrible name.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Can we get over the name and just look at the concept?

So how would this function for Nightmare? The same deal?

If anything, I'd say we call it Meritorious Leadership or something.
  9. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Says get over the name.... so suggests a name for it LOLZ
  10. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I guess for NM it would be the same deal under the condition that only 1-2 player are over xp lock required for Apollo, as those players are used to unlock the 2 classes that require over 10k xp being Pathfinder and Psi ops for Apollo, Engineer and Mando for both Alpha an EC. The rest however would be have to be below the xp lock for Apollo.

This is simply for the reason that we don't want the leadership medal being farmed by a team of high xp players with them exchanging leadership positions.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yeah, because you guys kept suggesting silly shit.
  12. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

I would be inclined to make the xp required (for the lower lvl player) to be as high as 10-15k for the following reasons:

A) Learning Curves
    The average player doesn't really stop learning until around 20k xp, and even then, there are still new things that they have yet to master. In NA, higher level exp'd players constantly bitch about lower xp lvls doing "stupid" or unorthodox things, or won't trust them to do others. Rarely do players get to use smm, a class that is considered necessary for sec, so it takes some learning to do (especially on nm to get reloads down properly), or use weapons like stinger and l3 because the pros either whore them all, or yell at the lower xp players for "whoring" or "being dangerous" when in actuality they're just fine and need a chance to learn. Admittedly, EU seems to not have this problem as much, but that also may just be because their player base isn't as big, so they don't get those types of players.
    Note: I've only been playing on EU for a week or two, so if this statement being server specific is inaccurate, then just apply it to all of NotD.

B) Higher exp learning spikes:
    At 10k xp you get both 4 new classes unlocked, and the chance to random classes outside of your story line, so if you've never played sec, you have 6 new classes unlocked. This is a massive sudden learning spike. Since a lot of players get 10k exp playing only a few select classes (incredibly often being fo or mm), they haven't gotten proficient at using any other classes, let alone learning how to use them. This creates another huge learning spike, as they start randoming constantly learning how to use new classes.

As far as survival goes, it'll probably take at least 1-3k xp until you have a grasp of just staying alive in survival, at which point you can start using it as a testing ground for classes you wanted to try out. This only leaves 2-4k xp until you hit the 10k xp mark and are able to use these classes in other story lines more often.

If this medal is supposed to promote learning, I would say it should promote learning at all stages of the game until a point where a player is deemed he should be prepared enough to teach others. The alternative is make it ratio based; You have to be a % higher than other players xp in order to get the medal.
  13. Scorpione

The only exact problem with medals is that it is only 1 stat point. You could stop medal hunting after level 3. Why not have some other little boost? If you have 7medals at level 5-6 You get an additional 5 stat points n 3bonus cp in all classes. If you have 5-6 medals leel 9-10 you get 10% off shop or an increased credit gain whatever is easier 2 implement. I mean I remember seeing ghost having most medals maxed and at GM level and just diamond moh. But all he got from it was 10 stat points. Bit sad-ish. Its like after getting moh level 3 you have no milestones :< Unless you want everything maxed. But still doesn't award anything at all.

Show Spoiler

The average player doesnt stop learning until 50k xp. The incompetent noobs stop at 20k. Vets/pros/elites never stop learning. I for 1 can say I know it all for all. However with constant changes certain strategies may work better with other things.
    In EU there are simple rules. Let key class whore. After that may the best man win.
    EC nm has demo, AC nm has nothing, SEC nm has tech, SURV nm has nothing. That's how its been in EU for a while. We just require that you see how a class is played before you try do funny stuff. Oh and in ac nm anyone can experiment stinger.

Problem is that when they fo/mm they play amm or minis and don't understand the concept of both.
  14. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Scorp, stop proving my point that people don't stop learning >.>

No but seriously, both of his points in the spoiler add to the fact that people are still learning at higher exp, so the medal still applies to those levels. It would take people out of their clan games and would split up the pros amongst more games better.

Also, to my understanding of what I read about recruitment or whatever in the CPR clan thread, you'd basically be rewarding everything their clan is already be doing. Hawt.
  15. Nore

Nore Well-Known Member

Well. Here I am with a suggestion due to the recent changes and please do feel free to counter my idea or to support it.

Shield has been implemented in NotD : SCII as we all know it. All of us were also aware that it was our only "Noob Cushion" for our noob moments or our down moments. Now, the bar has been raised and alas it doesn't quite seem like the cushion is there anymore. Some are pissed, some aren't. Big deal, they'll get over it.

I'm looking at the whole aspect on another perspective. I know that yesterday (technically speaking) CaptainDoc mentionned to Shooz how the Pathfinder would be affected rating wise by the shield change. Shooz, of course, got a damn good argument to counter him saying that the PF would have to be much more intelligent than just ramming into a fray and getting hits.

Although, I haven't seen anyone speak or have an actually well settled down discussion about the future of the Silver Star Medal. All I see is, sorry for the wording, bitching about how it's going to be so hard. Yes it will be. Though, my question and my actual suggestion are thus.

Since the difficulty has been raised towards that medal particularly, whether it was intended or not, would it be "PERHAPS" (Keyword), a good idea to rise up the maximal hits allowed to obtain the medal? IE : 13-15. Nothing too big either, because it still ought to be a Challenge after all. If we look at it, what would most organized or semi-pubs groups would do? Shield the Roflman if he asked nicely to help him out get his medal and shazzam, bit of sprinting and bit of juking and there we go the Silver Medal. That can't be done anymore and perhaps it is better that way to actually add some challenge.

What say you, Community?
  16. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Due to the fact that shields will, after both they and the rating system have both been properly flushed out and balanced, count towards your hit counter in one way or another, and the fact that Silver Star is a "Greed" medal, several alternatives are being looked into, one being the "Good Guy Greg" medal mentioned by Kyo600 near the bottom of page 124.

I think kith is currently making me do his dirty work by having me make a more in-depth presentation of it. As far as compensation for those who have already achieved various landmarks in the Silver Star medal, I'm fairly certain that compensations for replacing/resetting the medal have already started to be taken into consideration.
  17. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

-To the Communications Tower, add a timer of "Data Corrupts In:" which indicates how much time is left for the download and when it reaches 0 the mission then fails. At the moment if you didn't complete it in time and you know it you leave it alone so as not to get penalized and just leave the bar up there.
  18. Scorpione

I'd like to add make bar go away after the data corrupts. Also lockage of download so mission is 100% failed. (Unless the problem of why it still counts as won speed game is fixed even if downloaded)
  19. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

I like this idea Reaper.

However, I'm confused as to why, out of all the missions, both main and bonus, comms towers has been chosen as the deciding factor of whether or not a team should get speed.
  20. Scorpione

Because it was the only side mission that was usually skipped.
    Chems are well... complicated let's leave it as that.
    All other side mission are done. Maybe ec civs are skipped in nm at times, but those reward xp etc. So if it was made a must it'd be double rewarding.

Also speed was too easy to gain in EC/AC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.