NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

1 I can still back up if you karmabite.
    2 I can always make a TK look like an accident or say "miss click"
    3 Intentional teamkills mainly happen in pubs.
  2. Scorpione

Give vrl ability a circle range
    edit: make knife ow enemies.
  3. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Gentlemen, this is a discussion section for suggestions, not for discussing previous grievances, please either keep that to PM's please.

As for the relevant suggestion, yes I can add a range circle to the VRL ability. And since we are on the topic, is there any other abilities people feel need a range circle added to them?
  4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Didn't see those 2 pages of insults, and Nite's post for some reason made me think he was also telling sage that his post also applied to himself, but in all likely hood he was just agreeing with Inquisitor's "if its not broken don't fix it". There were only around 4 posts that had the direct intention of being insultive or whatnot.

Then again the last two pages were complete derail.

Anyways, I don't see why the knife would have been completely incapable of critting. Take it from a logical perspective, if it deals damage, it can crit, if you have crit and the damage originates from you.

Ability probably had critical strike coded to work on any and all damage effects. The post about knifes critting talked about how some's crit was bigger than their crit.

While I do think that knife did deserve a buff, that buff isn't to give it OW open wounds. If you quick stack just two OW's, they'll deal 480 damage over 240 seconds. In most scenario's, this is going to be useless, but it gives you the ability to deal 2400 damage over time. A long nanosear if you will. Its potent enough to counteract the health regeneration of most enemies, and then some.

If it was a mini-OW, I would be fine with it. Deal twice the knife's damage over the next 8 seconds. A duration that is more reasonable with some acceptable damage.
  5. Scorpione

Chemical extraction also

Edit:
    Allow all spines to give infection status.
    Decrease time it takes infection to take effect. Never seen anyone die from it since it takes soooo looong.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Knife doesn't need buffing, it's already plenty powerful. NOTD2 will feature a "Sidearm" slot that does various things based on what sidearm you have equipped. A Knife that deals a DOT instead of a slow is one of the slated options.

Infection kills newbies all the time. It can remain as it is.
  7. Scorpione

Anything kills noobies.
    Vortexes and goo kill them more than infection.
    < has never seen an infection death.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

It straight up kills someone if not cured and can go unnoticed, and be potentially fatal if the team lacks a Medic.
  9. Scorpione

AV, med, chem can heal it.
    The chances of it going unoticed are rare since they usually are noticed due to bein rare alignment in itself.
    Even smaller is the threat of bein hit my a spine since they don't really last long "in sec" due to focus if close spawn. Also the chances of being infected are rather low anyway. The chances are you are most likely to die from the tentacle before it infects u. I imagine a lot of players forgot this exists due the very lack of noticability of the virus. Also it only happens during hades. Making it obvious never to care for it unless facing it.
  10. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Noob question, whats a DOT?
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Damage Over Time.
  12. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Remove Engineer Probe skills (Shock and penetrate)to target allies, I don't see why you need to use these debuffs on your team member.

Referred from here.
  13. LordFond

LordFond Well-Known Member

I was thinking something these days. To make new players get used to storyline choices (like Alpha and Security) it would be like: when you find Bergmann a choice appears - A) Rescue the civilians and secure them like now. B) Rescue the civilians and let them join the fight for freeing the city. You can use the civilians throwing molotovs model from the first mission in Wings of Liberty (of course they have low hp and low damage). Maybe increase a bit the zombies spawning rate to prevent the xp loss. When the last dome is over, you get control of them and still send them to the facility to gain xp and karma. It was just an idea I had.
  14. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Nothing against the idea itself, just trying to flush it out. It actually sounds like it has some potential. Also, I'm assuming you were talking about EC, not AC or sec.

Who would get control of the civilians when it ended? If you evenly distribute them across all the players, you should probably make it a lot more obvious of where to take the civilians. A lot of new people end up not seeing all the tips and tricks shown on the screen because they are already overwhelmed with "omg there's a lot of zombies around" or the dialog. Just and information input overload. Then, when there is nothing around, they get into the mode of ignoring it anyway.
  15. Scorpione

Surv
    Nexus spawn at all possible locations. They give zombies buff. Destroy them all to gain x reward. Destroying a nexus will mean that zombies in that area won't gain buff.
    When Nexus is hit it will spawn trap of x zombies y type of zombies. If nexus gets destroyed by a non weapon hit aka spells it spawns wraiths upon death. (note this could also apply to B path ac nm)
  16. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Could we possible add an extremely short stun to the start of the Nano-steel net from the Mod tech. It really has no way to pull agro, since it doesn't deal high damage to become a priority target like flamer, and has no stuns to re-target closest unit. Either a short stun, or something else to fulfill the mechanic of pulling agro.
  17. Ginger Gerald

Ginger Gerald Well-Known Member

The problem I see with this, just like the the other choices, is that most groups tend to pick a certain choice significantly more often than the other. Like for example, out of all the Alpha games I played (before and after my bank loss) I've only seen people pick the "destroy the nexus" option maybe 2 or 3 times.

"Why have a second option if people are only going to pick the first?" is the thought that runs through my mind.

It certainly sounds like an interesting idea though...
  18. Scorpione

B has hugs usually done for dsm.
    A has infinite spawn usually done with dps +aoe or skipped to b
  19. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

B is faster and easier if you have a brain, most ppl dont have one which makes A the obvious choice.
  20. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

A is usually chose because it is predictable and also very close to civs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.