NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

+1
  2. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

Any of the above. Especially now that there are so many newbies that you will never be in a game where vk is possible.
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Standard Black Ops shouldn't get detection, because that neuters the Recon's ability to go do the civ truck. However, Black Ops drones and the Sentinel? I'm totally okay with those getting detection.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Drones already have detection, but I believe their AI is derped to hell atm. Sentinel I'm not sure. When I go through and rework game AI, will examine it then.
  5. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

If by drones u mean those reapers then yes they have detection, so does sentinel. Atleast it says so if you click on it.
    If its actually working I don't know.
  6. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

Currently recon doing civ truck during the BO wave is source of the problem. If we want recons doing the civ truck at this time instead of afterwards when it doesn't hurt the team, then we should fix the pathing so the majority of BO don't just sit in the midway point of team and recon then. I'm totally fine with that too. Let's focus on this as probably the best option since there's resistance to giving BO detection. The current pathing is derpy and should be changed since we're working on polishing NOTD, imo.
    Just giving drones and sentinel detection without putting either of those in recruit mode, doesn't address the problem.
  7. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Wiki says that Sentinel has 11 detection range, whether that's outdated or not I don't know.

Agree with this.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I'm not saying that the pathing/AI shouldn't be addressed. I'm just saying that giving Black Ops detection is not a viable solution in my opinion. Enemy AI is being worked on, so it will be fixed. I'm not entirely sure when, but it will be.
  9. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Change "ID:" to "Biometric ID:" in the Marine Hover-over.

Just for aesthetics.
  10. Nixak

Nixak Member

In the tutorial when you get the status of crippled there is a marine sound that accompanies it. I wouldn't mind that being added into the game as ab audio queue that cripple just happened.
  11. NiteFury

NiteFury New Member

Make nanosear affect nydus worms and dome D.
  12. Scorpione

Those are structures.
  13. Krio

Krio New Member

1. Enemies should have a chance to drop items. 50% no drop chance. 15% Mag drop. 15% Medkit/Bandage Drop. 10% Item Drop. (Weapons, Armor, etc) 10% chance crafting item drop.
    Why?: Because when we are defending an area, and we are low on supplies with no medic, we need a chance to live.
    2. Craft-able items? Like a rocket launcher. That you need "Tube," "Rocket Pack" and "Igniter" to use. You have a combine table kind of like inventory and you put them in and you get the product.
    Why?: So that there are more weapons available to the team but also adding variety to the game. Like people crafting better items than they are stuck with.
    other crafting ideas:
    RailGun: Cance to shoot through units into other units. Needs: Rail, Batteries, Rifle Body.
    MiNiGun: Super fast attack speed with moderate damage, but wastes ammo like no other.
    Needs: HK420 x2, Ammo Box.
    C4 Arc Aura Armor: Gives the user and all in a 5 radius +4 armor, and .33 energy and shield regen. Needs: C4 x2, Arc Reactor.
    Rocket Launcher: Slow attack speed, but high damage to lights and moderate damage to armored. Has AOE of 3 radius. 20% damage dealt to unlucky friendly n the blast radius.
    Needs: Rocket Tube, Rocket Pack, Igniter.
    3. As of now the gauss pistol is kind of useles, so there should be a way to dual weild them.

I think these ideas would make the game better. Just an idea :)
    Love the game guys.
  14. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Make banes flash red, so ppl will pay attention and learn to avoid the fucking things..Srsly ppl can't run away from stuff that will kill them too often...
  15. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

1. I kinda don't think this would be a good idea. It would lead to extreme surpluses of items, and kinda, be unfitting. Why would this random zombie coincidentally be holding ammunition, or really any kind of weaponry or armor. Infested marines are the only enemy that would logically have any of those items.

2. I kinda am guessing that you're relatively new into the game, based on this, and one other thing.

There is a large variety of weaponry available, with most of them fitting a distinct role. There are two items planned for in the future (the Arclite Hecate and the Railgun), and that is all that will likely be added.

The HMG used to be called the Minigun, but it got changed to HMG after some point in time over its icon, and better titling.

C4 Arc Aura Armor: Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. That is massively overpowered. If you combined it with cohesion stacking, you pretty much just gave the entire team a C6 without any drawbacks. Any given person would have a minimum of 7 armor, and most people would have around 10.

Rocket Launcher: There is one, it is called the Stinger.

Overall, this would fall flat because of the point I made about #1, why would these zombies be logically carrying these things. The only enemy that will drop items, is the Mine Mission Boss, Seth.

3. This also makes me think that you're relatively new. Pistols are very nice, providing good damage & ammo efficiency, and very low weight. Lets you move fast and provides you a source of safety. Gunslinger pathfinders take the pistol to bullshit power levels considering its the only weapon he uses, and his skills use it very well.

Commando's can pistolwhip Erebros, providing a safer alternative to using the flamethower, while still dishing out good damage.
  16. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

U tell him Arturia :D
  17. Scorpione

Actually minigun and hmg aren't the same at all. They use different ammo types and minigun = gatling machine gun unlike heavy machine guns.
    A minigun would be... useless since it shoots too fast.... You'd have 30rounds gone in 1second...

Craftable items.. this is SC2, map. Not a full shooter open world game.

Guass pistol is imba and dual wielding them would be the only thing I'd use... ever.
  18. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Cept you can't dual wield, before there was the chain gun too, HK sounds like it now.
  19. meatfish
    • Donator

meatfish New Member

well there was no minigun it was just the chain gun and dual wielding may be a skill in the future
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Get a Recon.

So what happens when the drop patterns screws the team and you're stuck carrying around bits and pieces of guns? I'd much rather the weapons and equipment remain in a whole state. There is zero reason to break a gun into components and then drop it.

... Uh. The Gauss Pistol is arguably one of the most powerful weapons in the game. I have no idea where you got the idea that it's "kind of useless" considering its absurd reload time and high damage.
    [hr]
    If by "in the future" you mean "in NOTD2".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.