NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Was an "example" to make math numbers easy for all. The lower the base dmg the less effectively % may increase from hps.
    However its basic that spamming something isn't as good as buffing it. Especially due to the way some buffs are applied. If CDR is ever applied or not I wouldn't care. Due to only being beneficial to specific classes and not dps such as the marksman. Its the the concept of fmjs. Sure you shoot faster but you waste ammo etc. Which is why only people with mods use fmjs while most they are left otg by other players.
    Im bored discussing this now anyway.
  2. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Meh, I got angry at something and vented here instead. Sorry for the dumb/angry post. I'll delete it.
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

You're not using the same conditions Yuey used, and your base values are off. And You failed to factor in the % HP damage.

My Conditions:
    Marksman nonstop OSOK's target heroic enemy with a marksman rifle.
    OSOK is level 3.
    Energy is disregarded.
    The enemy and marksman have no debuffs on them.
    The marksman only has the designated buff.

Set 1: 100,000HP enemy
    Case 1: 4% cool down reduction.
    Damage per shot: 800 + 1200 (2000)
    Cooldown: 1.92 seconds.
    Damage total over 30 seconds: 31250
    Over 60: 62500

Case 2: 3x HP (36% increased damage)
    Damage per shot: 1088 + 1200 (2288)
    Cool down: 2 seconds.
    Damage total over 30 seconds: 34320
    Over 60: 68640

Case 3: Control case
    Damage per shot: 800 + 1200 (2000)
    Cooldown: 2 seconds.
    Damage total over 30 seconds: 30000
    Over 60: 60000

Set 2: 200,000 HP enemy
    Case 1: 4% CD reduction
    Damage per shot: 800 + 2400 (3200)
    Cool down: 1.92 seconds.
    Damage total over 30 seconds: 50,00
    Over 60: 100,000

Case 2: 3x HP ammo (36% increased damage)
    Damage per shot: 1088 + 2400 (3488)
    Damage total over 30 seconds: 52,3 20
    Over 60: 104,640

Case 3: Control Case
    Damage per shot: 800 + 2400 (3200)
    Damage total over 30 seconds: 48,000
    Over 60: 96,000

And for misleading people:
    Set 3: 1,000,000 HP enemy

Case 1: 4% CD reduction
    Damage per shot: 800 + 12000 (12800)
    Cool down: 1.92
    Damage total over 30 seconds: 200,000
    Over 60: 400,000

Case 2: 3x HP ammo (36% increased damage)
    Damage per shot: 1088 + 12000 (13088)
    Damage total over 30 seconds: 196,320
    Over 60: 392,640

Case 3: Control case
    Damage per shot: 800 + 12000 (12800)
    Damage total over 30 seconds: 192,000
    Over 60: 384,000

As the enemy has a higher health HP ammo becomes less and less useful, as the flat damage becomes smaller in comparison to the HP % damage.

CD reduction has a constant 4.1667% damage boost in comparison to the Control Case (plain OSOK). The HP ammo has 14.4%, then a 9% boost.

CD reduction, if it was stacked 3 times would be comparable to 3 HP's, if not superior in most cases, because it would affect everything else but that part is ignored.

If you don't consider everything, it gives an incomplete and skewed view. Your math wasn't done in such a manner that it would be possible to be used to make any conclusion. The 3rd set was placed there to illustrate that fact (there are no enemies with that much HP).

OSOK can be sustained for 30 seconds. Supply station and Arc reactors combined with level 9 into would allow for sufficient energy.

I may be beating a dead horse, but if you want to make a claim, back it up properly and with a full view. Don't take liberties in changing how skills work to do your calculations. Please do take the time to format your post regardless of if you are posting from a phone, or from a computer.

I took my numbers for OSOK from the wiki.
    Most math was done as (damage total) * ( time period / cool down).
  4. Scorpione

Change wave 11 from banelings to beastlings. (nm mode) Possibly make hugger waves have corruptors too? :O
  5. Time

Time New Member

Is there anyway to change the default chat to notd instead of "Night of the Dead"? I got stuck in that chat for a long time and though that nobody played the game till Lyanden or someone showed up in the chat and redirected us.
  6. Scorpione

Only possible if map is renamed i recall
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Correct. The issue stems from the fact that chat channels are autogenerated from multiple sources.

1) Anyone can create any channel they wish and name it whatever

2) A channel is auto generated for every arcade game with an associated link created on the game page

3) Groups now have a channel, theses however are distinct because you can only reach them from the group, and also are moderated

4) Clan are the same as group but are locked to only clan members, also moderated.
  8. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Seeing as ArcanePariah had mentioned that numberpad keys 1 and 2 toggle the inventories open/closed,

is it possible to have numpad assignments for the equipment slots too?

Or if that's impossible, even just the medkits/ammo/bandages/roadflares/antivenom?
  9. Scorpione

It is definitely possible to make something like that. MOAR HOTKEYS! :D
    E.g. When 1st inventory square = number pad key 1, whatever is in it will be used. You'd be replacing your left click with a button in other words. Seeing it before in many other maps.
  10. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Unfortunetly no, at this time it isn't possible to bind hotkeys to the inventory slots. To give a brief primer, there are 7 inventory slots. Each of theses can be hotkeyed. However some games (like NotD) have need of more slots, so you can assign a inventory container, which has up to 64 slots, to a inventory slot. This makes the action of using that slot open up the container. The only maps that can use hotkeys for a main inventory are ones willing to live with the limit of 6 slots.
  11. Arturia

Why not make 2 "active" inventory slots that can contain things you need quickly while letting the bag be there for the rest of your items.
  12. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

The issue with using the main slots is that, for whatever reason, they are hardcoded to always be below any containers, so I would never be able to line them up with current inventory slots. The closest thing that would be to add something similar to Fibrin bandage, only for instant use items like AV/Medkits.
  13. Arturia

Having them so its easy to fib, kit, av or eat a box would be the purpose of them.

That wouldn't be a problem to, I would think.

Recon is the only oddball in that he has too many slots.
    Pretty sure 6 is the highest amount of inventory slots if you ignore the rec in, so in his case have 4 quick slots with rest in the bag.
  14. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

No, we have a minimum of 8 slots, with recon having 11 total, since equipment counts as well.
  15. Arturia

Well, do 4 quick slots + equipment + bag?

I'm assuming the equipment would be like another bag with slots arranged in a desired manner.

The bag would hold any excess item slots.

Would that be possible?
  16. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Yes, but would look awkward because you would have 4 slots, and then above them the main inventory slots and above that the equipment
  17. Arturia

Hmm :/

Would it be possible to merge the bag & equipment into one thing?
  18. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Yes, but would take a bit of juggling of UI to make it look correct, and also it would leave your equip open at all times with main inventory.
  19. Scorpione

RANDOM BUTTON FOR CHOOSING CAMPAIGN MODE!
  20. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

+1

Closing my eyes and rapidly shifting my mouse around just doesn't work as well. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.