NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Indeed, already the eu realm isn't big. However most are dedicated players. I can say gameplay has dropped by atleast 45% in games outside pub.
  2. Feodorov

Feodorov New Member

I know. I haven't seen so many not playing people in the channel before. And 45% is quite realistic percentage. It is more likely 80% for the games like AC or SEC or Survival.
    [hr]
    Usually it is hard to find a place in the game , now it is hard to make a game at all.
  3. Scorpione

There's 45 people in channel. Usually like 20 people don't play/ask invites. So 25 regular players, and about someone trying to set up a sec nm and they are at +2 :D (all have xp and have played it before too.) ;o
  4. Feodorov

Feodorov New Member

Scorpione, it really doesn't matter the numbers. The important thing is : THE TURNING RATE FEATURE killed the game. Please REMOVE IT !!!
  5. GrimFinality

GrimFinality New Member

The best thing would be to make them stop complaining about it, what's wrong with a little bit of difficulty? Turn rate should be weapon based, it's only a problem on the close range weapons.
  6. Scorpione

So i need to use LESS micro to play a game BETTER. Makes no sense in a game.
    I should be awarded to press s more or right click then a/using more apm, etc. I haven't see this any other map or sc2 itself. Making a game more difficult by killing its original mechanics makes no sense. What if I remove all weapons and you just play with knife? "Whats wrong with a little bit of difficulty?" Or how about if you get hit 10 times you die because its more realistic?'.
  7. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Wait, is Feodore suggesting make bosses such as tart and seth turn SLOWER or FASTER?
  8. Scorpione

Hes suggesting to revert the turning changes made to the characters. If you haven't tried kiting yet then its no wonder why anyone wouldn't have noticed.
    Also try using sg and have 1 ghoul chasing you from behind.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

We generally can't do anything if you don't provide us a screenshot of proof. There have been times where "bugs" existed when in reality it was just some players not being familiar with how DPS works. Things can get lost in translation when the entire team is firing upon a boss.

Also, I'm not much of a fan of the turn rate thing either. I'd like to see it gone.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Not aware of turn rates being placed on players - haven't played the current version yet. Not discussed either.

I suppose a slight delay in player turning may be fine but the way you make it sound it may have been set at too high a level.

Will have to test myself
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

It completely messes up stutterstepping in a game that already doesn't allow shooting while moving.
  12. Scorpione

Hey you guys were doing all that math back then but 0actual testing. Now turns out barret was bugged with osok. if only you had a test mode like I've been asking... :p

Also: increase chance of ghoul spawning from zombie + increase armor of stalkers a bit, they can easily be raped by just an smg.(that is in nm games ofcourse)
  13. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Going to address this since you have brought it a number of times.

I do testing, and sometimes for really major stuff I do testing with a group, however, I simply don't have the time to do a full testing process. If I were to be through, every single patch would be preceded by 4 hours of testing as I ran a full exped game through every storyline. Now I obviously could cut this down if I only make changes to one story at a time, but this gimps me in terms of what I can actually do, I have to fix stuff, remember how to do it, then undo it, or merge it in later (SC2 has no version control of any kind, this is difficult at best).

There is an old saying in software "Good Fast Cheap, Choose 2". We can agree that lack of testing has led to some issues as of late, but due the very rapid pace of patching, theses issue don't last very long, only a matter of days at worst, sometimes not even 1 day. I could go much slower and thoroughly test (mind you no amount of testing will catch everything, game is too complex for that).

In short, if enough people ask me to do so, I will do through testing, but then you must accept the consequences of such a practice, less bugs will be created, but you will get patches once a week at best, and bugs that do not meet this current patch will go unfixed for weeks probably. Also any balance changes will also be fairly slow to be changed (need to test them).

I would rather stick to a rapid release cycle so we get feedback quickly and react quickly, rather then stick to a fairly lengthy test process (that will not catch everything, no matter what I do), and allows me to be more flexible on dealing with stuff. Yes this leads to hiccups, however even if it is a number of steps forward, a couple steps back, we are making progress (Which I define to be better running code and code running correctly to the original design, not whatever the current bugged behavior is)
  14. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

- Minor UI and unit turn rate polishing

It was supposed to smooth the unit turning animation - with maybe a max of 0.1 second delay in turning (almost all zombie's turn rate has been adjusted down too). I'll increase all the Marine's turn rate by 50% in next patch. Some Heroes will turn slightly faster (Commando, Recon, Pathfinder, Rifleman).

Let me know how it is in next patch (uploaded 30 minutes from now).
  15. Scorpione

AP I dont except you to do all the testing. Coding testing blh blah all at once for one-4 people can be a pain. What my suggestion is to have the players being able to test certain things without having to go thru the whole leveling(for example) to a level to then find out its broken. Eg testing a how osok scales if its bugged etc etc would be easier if we had a mode/map where we had current patch started at high level and cannot earn xp/credits therefor allowing it to be 100% testing purposes.
    I get annoyed of bugs which is why i report them fairly quick, you also do a very rapid job at fixing whats possible/easy to be fixed <3.
    Just saying a test mode for bugs AND balancing issues would be great since some of us in eu actually don't mind testing. Just the fact that it could take 1hr and then find a bug that causes the game and puts that mode to a an alt is rather, annoying.
  16. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I could take the time to do that, create a testing framework of sorts, and later on for more involved reworks (inventory being the main one), I probably will do that. The issue with that is that I would have to write all the code to make that possible, then test that to make sure no normal player could access it. However the current tasks for the most part do not require it. Issue is man power plus some of the inflexibility of SC2 mapmaking, it is effectively impossible to have multiple people work on the map at once, since there is no easy way to combine changes.
  17. Scorpione

Well possible (doubtfully) hots will have something better in terms of map making etc.
    When we used 2 mod "The UrbanThing 2" we had shared access software where if something was modded by 1 person it saved etc etc, so scripted 1st then everything came later made it all easier since triggers suck, if 1 break its a chain reaction. The few triggers were implement last due to, like you said, inflexibility of the sc2 editor.
    Well however its done whenever its done just would help out for the future over all. Until then I guess its just going 2 have to be the current way and give u quick feedback.
  18. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

[align=center]Several Posts Deleted
    [​IMG]
    Keep accusations and back 'n forth posts out of this thread. You can save those for the NOTD Channel or PM it to each other.[/align]
  19. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

I like the ability to kite and knife mob(s) following me, with the knife slowing down one or several that units that it hits, with the turn rate on players, even slightly, this makes kiting more difficult.
  20. Feodorov

Feodorov New Member

ArcanePariah . I am totally ok with being a tester. And i know that it is really hard to get all the bugs. If you agree with releasing more patches and leave the testing to the people that are playing the game i think it will be totally ok for them also. For the animation - please remove it. If you are a Marksman with a barret you can see how it turns around really slow. It's like a clock 12 , 1 , 2 , 3, 4 ,5 ,6 and then shoot something that is behind you. Noone needs that animation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.