NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

When we get around to it, Engineer's Plasma Discharge is going to get a reduced fuse time, either 2.5 or 3. Not sure yet. Also, the X-1 is going to be getting a buff. Synergy will be replaced with a much better ability involving the X-1 being refitted with different weapons and potentially different Overdrive effects.
  2. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

big +1
    whenever i go in a pub and see a sub 500 recon i know the sub 100 rofle is gonna outlive him.. also.. mm requirements should also get an up to for people who at least seem to care more instead of just trolling and monoing large hoards not caring whos in there way. a 1550 rating is not unreasonalbe yet also shows the person cares about the team and how they do a bit more.
  3. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Agreed. 100 XP is basically nothing, all it takes is 2 successful pubs, or even 4-5 fail ones to unlock recon. Marksman takes less then a dozen games. I would say makes the recon require 500 XP and marksman 1k XP. Feels like a more logical progression.
  4. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

I agree in principle. However, new players might get more discouraged to continue on playing if they see how long it takes them just to unlock the one extra class.
    Considering a normal pub run takes slightly more than an hour, having to play 10+ successful pubs seems a bit much to me if you want new players to get a sense of what NOTD is really about.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I don't think there's a problem with the current requirements for Recon and MM.
    Neither is capable of using skills to TK teammates and if people die after picking them, they will learn to be more cautious as this class in future, or re-allocate their stat points more intelligently.
  6. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

For the recon, sure. Being really squishy and fast also helps the new players get it into their heads that getting hit at all = bad.

Mono on the other hand has claimed many lives in many different ways.

1. Actual mono damage
    2. Stun + mobs
    3. Angry teammates

Not ranked in any particular order

There's also quick aim which I believe ranks high among the "things I can use to kill allies" tools.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You could with concentrated fire and the rifle passives as well if you wanted to yet they aren't restricted now are they?

Mono is mostly an annoyance and people being told off will eventually learn or get bored of notd
  8. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Edit: >.< Apparently as I was typing, 3 other replies were posted about the dangers of Mono...

Increasing the Recon's xp requirement just a tiny bit (Example: 200xp) would at least give new players a higher chance to see someone else play Recon, see what talents that they choose, and how to use them.
  9. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

You should play on NA's pubs sometime. It's fairly often to see trolls using quickaim + sniper rifle to insta (and by that I do mean it takes less than a second) TK right as the EC gates open.

Not on this side of Bnet.
  10. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

I agree with raising the requirement, especially for recon. Everyone goes Recon when they hit 100xp and usually die. I’m pretty sure they have no idea they just picked a character that has super low hp, slow health regen, and slow energy regen.

Could try raising recon to 500xp for starters and have both recon and marksman available there. See how that works out and raise either if needed.

Unlike mono you can only ff someone if you specificly target them, none of these are aoe, and grenades don't ff.
  11. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

there are a lot of different arguments flying around now, but most of them have nothing todo with the requirements.
    Most people seem to agree that new recons die a lot, the problem i see with that argumentation is that which low exp player does not die alot? Whenever i play pub its rare that more than 3 players made it to Eos independent of them playing recon, mm or a basic class. If someone dies with 6+ lives the extra HP he would have from taking Rifle wont suddenly make him survive all that facetanking.

Then the fact that people tk with quick fire (never seen that on EU), how would raising the requirements change that? Same thing with mono, yes it can be annoying but once people are told to stop they will usually learn not to shoot over peoples heads, if they want to troll with it they can do it either way.

Then about adding Karma or Rating to the Requierements.
    1510karma? that means they need atleast 10 wins which would raise the exp to atleast 700 (10*~70) not counting in the failed games.
    1550rating? that would raise it even further, at the start people lose so much rating that it would take ages for them to get it back up to 1550.

I actually like the 100exp requirement because its low enough to be reached by a new player and encourage them to go for the 500 (and so on). If you raise it new players would have to play many games (just think about how long it took to get the first 500exp) to finally get something out of their exp.
  12. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

recons die more because there skills are made for being support not because there low hp base.. they dont have offensive or defensive skills to keep them safe.. tahts why they die.. yes mob con has a few.. but then they die becuase lots of random things detect.

The point is they will still die at 200 or 500 xp... but hopefully they can use that extra time to learn about the game more instead of being blown away by a new class every other game
  13. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

What:
    Add a command button on Ogilvy/Ivan that allows the player he is following to reassign him to another player.

Why:
    Speeds up the scouting process. Experienced players can grab Ogil cuz they know his locations and give him to a new player. Experienced players can ninja Ogil from the mid level players that tend to grab him and give him to a person Ogil actually needs to be following. Players can put him out of harms way onto another player if they know they are heading into a dangerous area where Ogil might die.

Impact:
    This will allow any player to grab Ogilvy/Ivan and reassign him to a player that actually needs him. (Medic/New Player/Underleveled Player)
  14. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

the biggest question: NOOB FRIENDLY??
  15. Razor

Razor New Member

I suggest a reword for Delta Commando skill: Bring Them down.
    This skill is so redundant and the most useless skill in the game I think.
    Bringing back the old Perception skill would be a HUGE improvement.
    I know that skill was kinda silly on lvl 3 and I posted lots of topics about improving it a bit, but its still much more useful on lvl 1 then Bring Them Down on any level.

Gonna mention my little idea of a new "Perception" Its like this:
    Similar to Sub MM's scope skill but this works in a radius.
    lvl 1: 1.5 Radius (or 1)
    lvl 2: 3 Radius (or 2)
    lvl 3: 5 Radius (or 3)

This skill would work well with HS cuz it can help to see "painted" zombies on cliffs and such, less work for rec, and it could have other benefits too.

I would be happy if "The Horror" grenade could be replaced with something els too cuz its as horrible as its name sais.

Plz consider my idea. ty for reading.
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I'd be more inclined to listen to your opinion if you actually gave a reason as to why Bring Them Down was a bad skill. Either way, the answer is no. Air vision, even at 1 radius, is incredibly powerful.
  17. Razor

Razor New Member

Fine... Than just give back the old normal "Perception", would be a great improvement.
    Bring Them down is useless, horrible, redundant and the most useless skill in the game. It has between 0 and 0 uses.
    I wouldn't say if I would haven't played like 800+ games as Sub commando.
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Uh-huh. Do you have a reason to think that, or are you just unable to figure out how to use Bring Them Down because you're too used to Subby?
  19. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

maybe replace it with movement speed buffs? like every marine close to you gives everyone speed:
    level 1: 1-10%?
    level 2: 10-15%?
    level 3: 20-25%?
  20. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Bring Them Down is a very useful skill, it has many uses. Such as slowing a mob of zombies for an AOE skill when you don't have Gravity Grenade yet or have no energy to use it. If you've used a Delta Commando in a nightmare game, Bring Them Down is a great counter to charging ghouls, hulks and parasites.

Even if this skill were to be removed, your replacements would never make the cut. Delta Commando is a debuff person. Its role is to be a complete asshole to the zombies. ProbeGst's and your suggestions don't fit that role.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.