NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

If we put it on the unit description, then we'd be golden. Class selection for lore, mouse-over the wireframe for class information.
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

That's a good idea, moving some innate explanations to the unit description.

For Erebos 2, will likely replace/update the Baneling mechanic. Intent is to make the boss kitable without being abusable (where team just goes recon and 1-2 guys kill it). Sandboxing everyone is a cheap way of forcing the fight. Any ideas?
  3. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Focused Rage plus Wake of Destruction.

The former meaning that instead of homing in on some arbitrary center mass (Which seems to be the case currently), just anytime that he would cycle a skin condition instead he changes aggro, going after one particular marine.

Wake of Destruction meaning that he drops "Something" behind him when he moves. This means that if you scatter in every direction (Or have people going rogue), that trying to follow Erebos would probably go badly as he charges off to go after someone. Meanwhile if you have your team together and are kiting away from him, it's not likely to be a problem necessarily.

What that something is? No clue. Creep along with Zombies? Psychic burning effect? *shrug*

If there is still a worry that it'll be too easy to Lolkite, you could give him a Charge and also give him something like "If Erebos's target is not in range 10 of him, he gains a 25% speed boost" or something. Which would make it quite tricky and bring back shades of Alpha Company IVAX from a couple of months ago when he EMPed when he appeared, constantly and frequently.

Ideas galore! Though due to complexity those should be reserved for Normal+ only and not be present in Recruit.
  4. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Ummm... Something needs to be done about the Queen mobs, at least the later portion. It's too easy.

The removal of huggers is all that was needed to promote kiting. Heck, huggers were never really the problem, it was that if you were facing huggers and kiting, it meant your team was dead. Huggers were certainly doable before, with at least two people or one cloaking/stunning guy left. I'm not saying I want them back, really.

Rather...

A) keep the huggers out, and revert to the old mobs of plentiful, smaller but faster units, or...

B) reintroduce huggers, and keep the current mobs of fewer, larger and slower units.

Would be my suggestion. Both encourage kiting, or at least leaving the holdout to join with reinforcements. The latter is probably the better way to go. Probably reduce lag and stuff, while keeping the fight challenging and hectic, as it should be.

Also... mark the Queen when she starts to run or something, or at the very least when she stops running and laying eggs. No one wants to spend 20 minutes looking for her, and at that point you've pretty much already won.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revert the turn speeds for Tart and the twins. I mean right now they're broken so that one person of any class can keep them permanently shuffling, at least in the case of Tartarus, Zeus and Leto. It actually just gives less control to a real team with or without a tank because you can't properly taunt or kite it either way. You either have to hope he doesn't shuffle, or if he can keep from doing that, wait for him to fully turn. It's just inconvenient for tanks really, to be waiting on Tart to respond.

You're not so much utilizing the reduced turn speed but exploiting the shuffle.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Hm I don't know if turning ere2 into a heph clone is a good thing. For boxing in, you could apply a ms/as debuff to all players further than 16 range from him during blue for the whole duration of blue, so that he can catch those more easily. You could also spawn blinds and ghouls instead of banes during blue.

As for queen mobs, they are better now. I'd like to see ghouls added to the pool though to not make it a walk fest but a true kite fest.
  6. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

I'd love if Erebos 2 would stroll to a nearby zombie or creep. . . AND EAT IT!!! :)

Why? Simply because he got his ass handed to him in the first fight so he is still hurting during the second. He had to forcefully regenerate himself to be able to become fighting fit but at a cost of bio-fuel for himself as his own body starts eating away at him as he needs to find organic material to sustain himself.

Erebos 2 used to lose health during the fight. You could actually leave him and he would die on his own. With this you cannot as he will come across more creeps and chow down on them.

This will cause for players to ensure that no other single creep can interfere. Erebos can go into a Feeding Frenzy type state where he charges the nearest creeps, eats them for increased health and strength and then turns back to fighting the Marines.

As for Erebos 1, the first time you see him he is chasing down the escaping colonists and kills them... Why? Why kill them? Why not eat them? He is a 9 foot 4 four legged zombie after all. After he chows on them he becomes bigger, an indication that when he eats, the more trouble he is gonna be.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Deimos clone?
  8. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

I see the resemblance but it so small
  9. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

just say it absorb the dead bodies of zombies that give him new hp and the powers of the zombies like.
    cliff walking at stalker
    front damage decrease by agron
    claws from zombies
    speed from zoombies
    and revive in rare casses immortals
    ETC.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I had a rework that I was cooking up forever ago that I never got around to posting for one reason or another. The idea was to combine Hades and Etaphren from AM and make Ere2 fast, but on a hit-and-run style where he'd periodically grab players and throw them away from the team, dealing 30% of their current health upon impact (so it wouldn't cheaply kill them instantly) and kocking back/stunning whatever was in the landing area (to give players a chance to react if thrown into a mob). If a player was X distance from the rest of the team, then Ere would hunt them down and attack them relentlessly. If attacking the team, Ere would pick the character with the least amount of health to harass and/or throw. If attacked by more than 5 players, he'd turn tail and run, with increased requirements to shoo him away (after the first time, require 6, then 7, and then 8, and then he's unable to be run off again).

The idea was that this incarnation of Ere would be about team disruption, kitable (by leading him around with the lowest hitpoint characer) and tankable (taunts breaking his routine, but if stunned at any point he goes back to it).
  11. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

I want this personally, as it would just be crazy. Not sure how pubs would fair tho.
  12. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Sound like a fun idea.
    You might combine it with some ambient spawns that keep 3-4 ppl busy so you slit up and if ere team needs help they could come fright him and go back doing their job, that would need a lot of coordinatoin though not sure if that fits for ec then.
    Would bring one more element to the game where you are forced to not group up like you normally do all the time.
  13. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

What: Make pathfinder immune to cripple and have a higher chance to get short circuit.
    Why: Because the pathfinder is hovering, his legs don't touch the ground and so if he breaks them, it will not affect his mobility, the reason for short circuit increase is because a jet pack is no form of armor, the power armor has at least a few metal plates to protect wires and such, but a jet pack has no armor whatsoever to protect the wires on it.
    Impact on game: Make it more realistic.
  14. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

This doesn’t seem more kiteable to me. Seems more like kill him asap before he can “throw” or run. I would actually consider ere2 more kiteable than ere1, because if you kite for too long on ere1 the map gets covered in creep.

The issue with ere2 is the far spawn minions (because of the baneling splash). The proximity spawn minions are easy to run away from. Why not just replace the far minions (banelings) with something slow, like summon 2 Agrons or like 12 regular zombies. You could still fight the standard way with a tank, or kite.
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

We've gotten this same suggestion many times. The "cripple" ailment is the jetpack being damaged.

It wasn't actually something that I cooked up because people were complaining about Ere's kitabililty or not. No, this became a thing because people complained about Ere2 being boring, and I aimed to make a boss battle that was engaging while teaching the team about squad coherence in a different way than from the way that Tartarus teaches.
  16. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

What: Make the marines in EC / Alpha say something when they pass by the Hades corpse / battle area.

Why: No real reason, but I think it would be interesting and a nod to the Apollo mode.
  17. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Whaaaaaaaat: Make players invulnerable in the first 20-30 seconds of EC Recruit.
    Whyyyyyyyyy: Prevents early TKs from angry people, Banned People are banned at the 20 second mark arent they now? So Angry Banned People wouldn't be able to take their Anger out on Innocent Kittens Players.
    Laaaaaaaaast Thiiiiiiiiiing:
  18. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

[​IMG]
  19. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

+1, have a waffle (>'_')>#

LOL!
  20. PADDYPOWER

PADDYPOWER New Member

What: A note on the loading screen stating it takes a while to load.

Why: Newbies join for the first time. They get into the loading screen and have a fifteen minute wait. If I was new to a custom game, and didn't know it had a long loading time, what would I do when it takes ages to load? Leave, thinking it was broken.
    I've been put with many people who are new to the game, who just leave in the loading screen. I've even had 3/4 of the lobby leave before.
    :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.