NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

or just remove cripple from pathfinder and raise his chance to get short circuit, also making short circuit on pathfinder reduce move speed?

(Electronics) a faulty or accidental connection between two points of different potential in an electric circuit, bypassing the load and establishing a path of low resistance through which an excessive current can flow. It can cause damage to the components if the circuit is not protected by a fuse

maybe some talent could reduce the effect of this? anywho, hence, a short circuit damage his jetpack, reducing his movespeed, and would therefor encourage pathfinders to take less hits.
  2. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

It already has 100 shields... Plus rocketeer pathfinders have to put themselves in harm's way to get the most of their skills, the mini stun isn't always enough if your trapped in a stunned mob
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Would also mean that the PF who has infinetismal amounts of HP but inordinate amounts of Shield will be unable to function at all.

Low movespeed
    Cannot use talents
    No shield (only 90ish hp left)

I mean the PF is crazy powerful and have always believed needed a nerf hammer (though right now he's broken in more than 1 way) but that's just harsh sir. No offense intended.
  4. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Disagree completely with the 0 shields part. Demo's shield regen is faster than what sc can drain, so I'm guessing the pathfinder is the same way. Now the harsh part sounds a lot more like a good boy (lol) I agree with everything else that PF is god damn OP but he has a lot of disadvantages considering his jumps are broken. Because of his broken jumps it's just like the good boy said harsh to people with pathfinder cp or who are workin on it to play pathfinder in private apollos ( such as myself, don't ban me for saying that)
  5. Lyanden

On my end, I want the jump problems gone/fixed and THEN we rediscuss balancing the PF. As it is now even jumping and hitting your target is too big a risk, nevermind the fact that it misfires quite a bit.

I don't think these bugs are what makes the PF balanced. I want it to get balanced the proper way. Not by getting infected with all sorts of diseases.
    That's not balance, that's just being unable to perform up to spec.

As I said, it's all sorts of broken right now. Broken in that wtf 450 damage x 5 + Stacking burn and stuns,
    Shield dependent survival meaning quick / free regen to full toughness compared to most other classes who pretty much NEED kits, pretty high energy regen in addition to his
    etc etc (I could go on and on)

But also Broken in that misfires, dies mid-air, does not have anything to save it with landing (evasion/invulnerability) etc. which makes that tree almost unplayable to some. It's sad.

If it does get fixed and is no longer broken in both those senses
    and the SC in place of cripple is implemented WITH SC being more commonly inflicted on PFs,
    I don't think even dealing 900 damage per jump would save it from all sorts of troll deaths. :(
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Blame Ability for not using Peera's jumps, he just "recreated" them as best he felt like.
  7. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

I think that the Gravity Gun should be put back into the game.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

DH3, Jercy.

Why?
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Because it could have been massively simplified in terms of actual "code" required to make it functional.

Mostly, he just wants to mule around his field engineer shit and pushlock the late game survival waves.
  10. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Do you find the game performance slightly better with current patch?
  11. Lyanden

massively better. moments where i have 9 fps due to whatever triggers are active during holdouts are now 30+ fps. whatever you did, it worked for me :p
  12. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

ok, dumb question: what make lag? High fps or low fps?
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Low FPS. Though High FPS spikes are a sign of Rubber Band Lag, meaning everything slows down for about a minute then you get 15 seconds of rapid speed as it catches up to everything that was entered in the last minute, though this manner of lag is VERY rare in NOTD. I've only seen it about 3 times ever.
  14. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Posting again:

Change the Hybrid Protoss' (A.K.A. hybrid destroyer) from the Protoss Archon's sound set to Maar's sound set.

Maar's Sound Set

You know, since the Archon itself might make it in as a pet, and the Hybrid Protoss should have it's actual sounds.
  15. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

You know you can mix and match right? It's not locked in on a single voice.
  16. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

I know (thus how the Tech went from Tych to the Thors sound set), but why give the Hybrid the archon's sound set over its own badass one?

EDIT:

Nevermind I just died and noticed the hybrid had its sound set.

:D :D :D :D

<3 Ability or whoever made the sudden change. Don't recall it having it a few days ago. I Probably should have checked first before wasting forum space.
  17. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

No, you dont.

All unit voices can be adjusted and combined through data editor. A single unit could have every single audio cue from every single voice set if it felt like it. We arent limited to just "voices", you could combine and mix as limitlessly as you needed to.
  18. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Alright, I don't. I only recall stuff from the SC1 editor, aint good enough for SC2
  19. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

The SC1 editor is notepad. The SC2 editor is photoshop.

There's your comparison.
  20. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

-Make the starting difficulty be in the center top when displayed with a humorous description under for each.

[align=center]Recruit Mode
    Try not to hurt yourself

Hardened Mode
    Pain don't hurt but enough will kill you

Veteran Mode
    Angry hardcore death squad

Nightmare Mode
    Ah hell, its on now![/align]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.