NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

For 2 games in a row he spawned with 140k hp. I lack a screenshot, but Blaqk can vouch for me
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

OK adding back to buglist
  3. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

What: An innate talent on either the marksman or the recon that makes their threat priority go down for every 10 seconds that they dont move.
    (Maximum stack of 3 or 4?)
    Would last until the person moves. Maybe if using hold fire it could make it go faster like 1 threat level every 5 seconds.
    Why: They are both squishy classes that both have a stealthy feel and are both unlocked at low amounts of xp. This would prevent them from getting picked off when camping with the team during holdouts and give new players a slightly longer time to figure out their shiny new class and as long as it is just lowering threat priority it wont help rambos at all :D
  4. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

170k here :(
  5. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

his hp seems to have been increased in 2-man survival as well. whereas before the latest "fix" his hp was around 20k, i ran into a 50k perses during a 2-man run. we barely killed it (tech and rifle) only because tech was bugged and had multiple permanent stacks of ivax's rage debuff, giving him double damage.
  6. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

1. What needs to be changed?
    I don't know if its been mentioned or not previously but I think that shockwave should be replaced for the artillery FO.

2. Why it needs to be changed?
    I think it needs to be changed because I don't think enough players use it and seems to forgo it and instead go for lunar boosters instead. They also seem to skip shockwave all together and never seem to get it.

3. How your proposed change will positively impact the game?

I think if it was changed to something like lets say missile strikes that are more accurate but less damaging and has to be used in increments of 5 missiles(i.e 5 missiles, 10 missiles,ect.) then it could change the way FO uses artillery barrages and napalm strikes. I think this could positively impact the game by making the artillery FO a bit more interesting and fun to play instead of players going Air Tree all the time.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The Red custom color needs to apply a 1% movespeed buff.

Why? Because RED GOES FASTAAAAA
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

It's been scientifically proven by the smartest weird boyz. Also been field tested by any Mek boy worth his salt.
  9. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

2-man surv with Lucid recently. 270k hp Perses. 1922 SR.
  10. HamCient

HamCient New Member

I brought up about the labeling of skills that can TK with different fonts, obvious warnings and font colours. It seems that the changes have been done to Chem Expert only.

I would like to suggest that the same warnings and changes be done for all the classes to make it simply ... more user-friendly for first-timers so they don't "put a bullet in the head" of one of the buddies on the field.

It is the responsibility of individuals to read the labels before using the skills but the enhanced visual (e.g. red and bold fonts) on labels of skills that can TK (for every single skill tree) is going to be so much easier to read.

It would be best to update the visual warnings for every single skill tree to lower unwanted accidents.

[hr]
    It would be wise to upload some kind of online map on the website and to give each significant location a fixed name so that newbies can be told the directions to meet up without being lost. Example locations like EC start point, EC hold-out ramp a.k.a EC muta ramp, Scrapyard (SY), Scrapyard Entrance (SY Gate), Northern Forest (lag forest) ....etc..

It would also facilitate much easier communications in games so that teams can have a common dictionary of locations and terminologies inside games.
  11. TheSilenced

TheSilenced New Member

Problem: Gravity Grenade and Gravity GUN have similar abreviations (GG)
    Solution: Change gravity grenade -NAME- to something like Magnus Device or Distortion Grenade something that wont cause confusion and sound less griefy
    But of course an alternative would be the community adopt a different abbreviation for Griefer Grenades
  12. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Actually this is something that those with non-blue names have been discussing. The Consensus is actually towards changing the Griefer Gun's name, not the grenade. Mostly because the Grenade alternate names all suggest things that it is not. And the "Gravity Gun" has nothing to do with any sort of "Gravity" use at all.
  13. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

problem: medic healing is very underpowered.
    solution: change tier 3 like a upgrade to all your maxed skills like.
    *example*
    heal: 10hp/sec
    surgical laser: heal 60 hp
    nano weave: 10 hp/sec
    nanoshield: 100 shield 4 armor
    *example*
  14. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

.... really? i will say inc healing of restoration instead.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[hr]
    Personally i should think these ultimates should have an animation or a more "visable" animations.

Horror - -.- really? no smoke >.< ,+ smoke grenade ? without smoke , although the blinds ailment shows it being used but lacking animation make this skill incomplete somehow +

Chem Ground Support Ultimate - -.- no animation make this skill very weird.......... + many people dont know what this do and the lack of animations make this skill even shady +

Nuke - the animation does not match the radius of the nuke , it seem to be at least .5 to 1 radius bigger than the animation itself.

TTD - make a tad darker to assemble the ruthless of the skills.

Marksman Mastery - add a glow to mm ? or is there any change that i didnt notice? (talking about visable changes)
  15. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Osoks gain vapor trails.
  16. TheSilenced

TheSilenced New Member

Make reaper drones at max speed always like ground units instead of having to accelerate
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Why? It's fine as it is. Besides, Reaper drones should almost always be on the move.
  18. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

What: Let medic medic heal 60/65 with bandges
    Why: Being a doctor means she would know how to better apply a bandaid thus giving a bonus to allies. When she applies AV she gives 10+ health in addition to cureing the aliment so any healing ite she applies should give health bonus.
  19. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

What: Give "the horror" a 75% to give 1 stack of any alinement except for cripple, SC and OW to anything affected by it
    Why: the description said it was banned for use b/c of side effects on the victims. So venom- gas side effect
    Stun- scarred by what they saw
    Madness- ^
    Z-effect- doesn't exist outside of survival
    Impact in game- I have no clue
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

It's a halluciongen grenade, not a toxic one. Stun wouldn't work because the idea of the grenade is to make units run when under its effects, so that would be counter-intuitive. Madness wouldn't fly because the effects are intense, but temporary. Z-effect would basically make The Horror a stun because it would be disabling movement in addition to attack.

Also, don't admit that you don't have an idea as to what the game impact would be, because that will make me turn it down immediately. Come up with a valid reason for wanting something or don't try to get it at all. Not having an idea of what the impact would be betrays the fact that idea is only half-baked. It's better to consider what a problem is and how it could be sovled first as opposed to attempting to suggest cool and flashy things that might solve problems or improve gameplay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.