NOTD Suggestions

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Please post suggestions to changes to the game here. Please include the following in your post:

1. What needs to be changed
    2. Why it needs to be changed
    3. How your proposed change will positively impact the game

Major issues that you know will be controversial may be given their own thread so as not to clutter up the suggestions thread.[hr]
    Example:

What: Remove the movespeed debuff from the protection assault's taunt.
    Why: The ability is entirely eclipsed by the fortitude demolition's taunt, it suggests to people that they should be facetanking when in reality their job is only to take the aggro of the enemies.
    Impact on Game: People will learn how to tank properly and not have to make the decision between doing their job right and having better survivability. Assault will actually be helpful early game, where currently demolitions easily out-does him (far better tier 1 abilities).
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

What: Crawler Drones and Attack Move or Hold Fire.
    Why: The Crawler Drones only have an Attack Move Option for them to follow you. They do not continue to follow you after attacking, which leads to an array of nuisances of them getting left behind. If they could either return to following after they finished attacking, then that would be nice, though an alternative solution would be to give them Hold Fire.
    Impact: People won't always have to worry about reselecting / constantly having their crawler drones selected, and instead, can have them actually follow them.
  3. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

What: Lower the High Stalker spawn at EC.(tart &ere 1)
    Why:The high spawn is very high for the new players who ONLY use gaus rifles and die very fast because they don't know anything about knife or micro.
    Impact:Less people would die and get a bigger chance not to die early and actually get to domes before get killed by charging into the domes.
  4. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

What: Make the "priority" attack of Predator its melee attack rather than longbolt missiles. As in, if there's an air unit in the vicinity and a ground unit and you use attack move, the predator will attack the ground units first.

Why: During queen, it's really, really annoying when your predator keeps firing missiles at the queen when there's a swarm of zombies surrounding you trying to rip your face off.

Impact: It's more convenient for pred users during queen.
  5. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

What about a skill that allows you to use medkit on team members similar to bandage?
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

You gave the what, let me help you finish:

Why: People often die because they don't have a medkit and their allies don't have enough time to drop one. Newbies, when given medkits, will get nervous and burn through multiple kits when they are low on health. Many classes have small inventories, and can be better suited by having a different class carry medkits for them.

Impact: Allows for more teamwork and communication, allows for safer use of medkits (I trust my hotkeys more than my inventory), allows vets to snatch medkits early not for the purpose of hoarding but instead for the purpose of acting as a medic as well as conserving items.
  7. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Also against wandering Muta and bunch of ground enemies.
  8. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

It's less of an issue since you two-shot mutas, three at most. And that's assuming nobody's firing on them. Though yeah, mutas too. Especially since they're the last enemy you're worrying about by that time - I can literally tank all of B dome regenerating faster than they can hurt me.
  9. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Would be nice if Rifleman's focus fire was changed a bit. 5 seconds feels too short for an ability that's very useful now and should be constantly used. I suggest increasing its timer to 10 as well as the nrg usage to balance it out. Between having to spam bloodlust, focus fire and knife in some situations, it seems a bit too much. increasing the active timer would help alleviate some button smashing :p
  10. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

What: Swap the hotkey (and possibly button position also) for Force Push (G) and Blackout (F).

Why: Force Push is the most used skill of a mind mastery Psi Ops, compared to Blackout which is rarely used at all, also for the fact that Force Push starts with the letter F which makes it easier to remember.

Impact: People won't need to extend a finger just to reach the G key any more.
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Secondary Why: Blackout is also a Toggle, so it doesn't need to be as easily accessible of a hotkey.
  12. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

would like to counter this suggestion
    (is that possible/on topic for this thread? Shooz have mercy)

The increased APM required to fully utilize a roflman is a mechanic/trait that effectively separates the men from the boys
    with the "men" being able to achieve several levels of efficiency above what a "new" (or even lazy) player.

This (to me) makes the roflman a great class as in the hands of a newbie, it's a basic/balanced (some would even say weak) class and therefore just right for lower levels of play
    and yet capable of becoming a monster of a class in the hands of a knowledgeable player, able to throw it down with the rest of em so to speak.

Not that I'm one of those "men" mind you. I am, and forever will be simply a boy.
    A good boy ^_^
  13. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Plus there's now improved focus fire to encourage people using it all the time.
  14. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Yes, when I was at the apex of my skill (Less playing now so I have lost an edge admittedly), I used to be able to out kill Operations Commandos fairly regularly and really throw down well with the Rifleman. Requiring good micro isn't a bad thing. You just need to get into that rhythm like you do with Perfect Reloads.
  15. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

In that case should Blackout not become active as opposed to toggle?
  16. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

^ Yes @ Lyanden
  17. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

What: blackout active
    Why: energy cost?
    Impact: using a high mag and smg +active= pretty much perma controle mobs.:p
  18. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Hybrid Protoss' attack animation is the same as the predator's.
    Can it be more personalized as the Hydra and Bruta's have been?
  19. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Just because I'm picky,

Suggesting the Commando's

Subtlety tree

be renamed to

Subterfuge

so as to avoid having 2 classes with the same tree name. Also retains the subt nickname.

Or maybe use Subterfuge for the Marksman's talent tree.
  20. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

1. What needs to be changed: More melee weapons
    2. Why it needs to be changed : currently as far as I'm aware we only have the crowbar and the stock combat knife and there's already so many guns.
    3. How your proposed change will positively impact the game: In my opinion added melee weapons adds more variety to the game and provides a new game play mechanic as opposed to constantly running and gunning. It will also enhance gameplay by providing something new for players to try. Also if one ever runs out of bullets or should a stalker get way too clsoe, at least they can always fall back on a melee weapon like in real life instead of becoming zombie food LMAO or waiting for a team mate to save them..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.