NOTD on Spotlight

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Omega Death, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

Isn't this a good chance to get new people for community?
    But you know that NOTD learning curve is rough.
    What can we do to help new players to keep their interest on NOTD and keep playing?
  2. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

And even worse the maps buggy with this being day 1 from 1.5 and all.
  3. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

yeah, beside the infinite ammo, the Tart huge hitbox is very annoying.
    But i think we should try to have some patience with the new players.
    On the channel, most players were like " OMG pub with 6 0xpers, i can't play like this"
  4. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

You had me there, someone give me a Shiva.
  5. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

This. No way we're getting new players if the current player base can't stomach leading new teams.
  6. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Meh. More stuff to kill for me if there are noobs.

I played a game today where three of them just stayed and watched as I solo'd everything from Ere 1 onwards.
  7. Tink

Tink New Member

There probably isn't much we can do other than just trying to help them stay alive/give advice. Some instructions in the "how to play" section that cover inventory, the starter three classes and things like that would definitely help them not suck and stay with the game rather than just saying "This game sucks I'm not gonna play it" and leaving
  8. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

The game gives new players instructions and tips on how to play so there isn't much we need to do in that department. Best to focus elsewhere. Reminding them once in a while to knife, kite, sprint and use undistributed talent points does help though.

Personally, I find informing the new comers that clicking on other people's portraits (especially those with more experience) will show them their team's talent builds is very helpful with trying to let them know that hybrids (at least for new players) aren't that good and sticking to 1 tree is ideal.

The efficient paths to finish objectives is also something we can help them with. I now also give them a sort of summary/update on what we've just finished before doing eggs mission.

1. Collected samples on the infestation
    2. Rescued civillians
    3. Checked the mission area (cams)
    4. Got more efficient weapons (scrapyard)
    5. Did optional mini bosses (mines)
    6. On the way to killing an infestation source (eggs)

Started doing this after seeing "I didn't know what was going on" 3 or 4 times in the review section.