NOTD Official Steam Group - Now Online

Discussion in 'Online Operations' started by Miracle, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Hi everyone! One day a strange idea came to me: Steam has a huge community and player base, so why not attempt to promote NOTD (and indirectly StarCraft) outside StarCraft itself in attempt to get a lot more new players into this? After all, arcade games are free with starter account so they won't even need to pay a cent to play NOTD, right?

So I asked Blaqk about this and he mentioned that Mirage made a NOTD group on Steam previously. After a bit of searching, I found it. To my horror, it has only 5 members and not even one bit of information:
    Old Group (DO NOT USE)

So I thought: why not make a proper one that could reach out more easily to players on Steam, making use of its existing functionalities to make announcements whenever NOTD/NOTD2 has new events and updates?

This is what I came up with: (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NightoftheDeadStarcraft2/), it still has a lot of things that could be added but it's a start, I hope...

To everyone who uses Steam, please join and promote to your friends and other players you encounter as you play games ^^
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Rainbow Sticker x 1
  2. EdAWACSdenyY

EdAWACSdenyY Member

I want to join :)
  3. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Anyone can join, it's a public group ^^
  4. bonx0110
    • Donator

bonx0110 TheRealXyzzy

im so joining, that would be amazing to make NOTD a stand alone game then NOTD 2 a stand alone wow you guys could really set yourself up to be a big game company
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  5. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Thread moved to Online Operations.
  6. Marcus

Marcus Member

I suggest that front page of this group could have description focused just on sc2 NoTD and the history information goes somewhere else if possible(Most of the description is about the history and actual information about the game is pretty short).

I could imagine something like this:
    Welcome to the official NOTD Steam group!

Hi everyone, Night of the Dead is 8 player Co-Op RPG zombie killing game. Story takes placeon Apollo Mining Colony located on Moon in year 2103."Security team personnel reports that the colonists are demonstrating strange behavior. Strange anomalies follow when communction is cut"- Easy Company is dispatched to investigate events on Apollo.

You take control of one from eight marines send to find out what happened on Apollo(Game can start with less players, but its adviced to wait for full lobby). Before landing u can choose your class - at start 3 classes avaible more classes unlocks as you progress(Global XP ranking system). Each class has 2 unique talent trees. Various wear-able or consumable items(Including weapons) are dropped on map. U can wear them to enhance your charecter or consume in case of need. Items can be used by any class but each class profit more from matching ones. Weapons range from Standard rifles to more unique like Flamethrower, Rocket launcher and Laser Rifle. U can find even crowbar:p.

Follow standard tactics or create your own its all up to you, but remember its team game. You rise or fall as team.

Summary
    - 14 Unique classes,
    - Various wear-able or consumable items,
    - 3 Storylines, in addition a Survival mode,
    - 3 Difficulties, in addition a Recruit and Nightmare mode,
    - Global XP ranking system,
    - Credit system(Single game items or Save-able customization and Powerups),
    - Karma/Rating system

If u like Co-Op, RPG, sci-fi and killing zombies NoTD is yours choice ;).

Note: For more informations check links on right:).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other thing
    Will there be some events happening? For now it look pretty deserted not much stuff there:confused:.
    Will there be some steam tournament or new members introduction games happening(For example in light of celebrating first 100 members):)?
    • Like Like x 1
    • A+ A+ x 1
  7. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Beautifully written :)
    A couple of lil typos tho :p

Yes we currently have a few small events running in the community, for example, Party Night, Chaos Speed games and I'll be introducing the NOTD Olympics soon.

If you have any event ideas yourself please feel free to message me about them, I would love to hear all your ideas ^-^
  8. bonx0110
    • Donator

bonx0110 TheRealXyzzy

ive been away for a long time can someone give me a update/ summary on what i missed i havent been on since march ish