NotD: Noob of the Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pyromaniac, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

The DPS Recon
  2. HamCient

HamCient New Member

A 10k xp claiming recon is dps ?! Probably that person is sleeping all game long and learnt nothing or that person uses a bogus bank file.
  3. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Or its just a pubgame where you can play a tanking DPS field medic if you want to.
  4. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

It might make sense if Leviathan actually took advantage of the 50% extra damage from backstab.
  5. Ryan III

but he didnt >.>
  6. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Probably my most noobiest moment yet in my notd gaming history. Sorry, I was too shocked at the time to think about hitting the screenshot button and I can't be bothered trailing through the replay for them.

Anyway, here we go. In an alpha nm nc exped, I was a nukemando. Had my nukes ready for launch. Once we killed cronus and the protect tanaka mission started, FO started launching Fire Missions at the lab entrance like no tommorow. I see a large swarm incoming so my gut instinct was to fire a nuke there. Unfortunately, although I fired it at the entrance, I didn't realise the FO himself was so close to the entrance too, and he got vapourized. This TK could have been prevented by the FO by moving out of the way when the nuke was called.

Later on, during gas sequence, after retrieving a h3 can, I arrive at the mb and Ghost jokingly pings to nuke really close by. I wasn't in the right frame of mind so although I think to myself for a moment, I went ahead and followed his orders, not realising it was a joke. The result: 3 nuke TKs instantly.
  7. Ryan III

None of those fails we're your fault. The first was because the FO didn't have the brains to move away from the nuke, and the 2nd was because Ghost just had to troll you.
  8. Thermidor

2nd was my fault for falling for the troll though. Ghost does love trolling a lot though.

As for the 1st TK, thinking about it, I think it could've been prevented had the FO moved back a bit. So yes, the blame is probably debatable there.
  9. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

Its only fail if you nuked mb twice ;PP
  10. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

At least you didn't do anything like attack move as gunslinger pathy
  11. Thermidor

I kinda did nuke the mb twice, once while retrieving a h3 canister but I missed. 2nd nuke when I was actually at mb was the killer one.

Explain. Did a gun path do something noobish in one of your games?
  12. Ryan III

I really screwed up this time:
    Here goes...
    In an Alpha Company game I was an assassination marksman and we had just finished Seth and were scouting. Our flamethrower went afk and was following me. As I stepped into central station to enter Apollo, a troll Nydus spawned parasites and headed toward the flamer, on instinct I shot a mono through the flamer which killed all of the parasites. However the flamethrower's vengeance stunned me as a troll devourer devoured me.
  13. Pyromaniac

Just ask kith
  14. PADDYPOWER

PADDYPOWER New Member

I went to open the door on an Alpha Nm game without pausing. Came back and the guy I set to follow was nowhere to be seen. I also had two Agrons and a Devourer trying to rip me in two.
  15. Pyromaniac

Always share control when setting to follow if you feel that you mustn't pause.
  16. Thermidor

+1
  17. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

that makes me lol hardcore.. although more of a derp moment than noob moment.. You arguably did the right thing.. just got derped by terrible luck 2 times.
  18. PokieZombie

PokieZombie New Member

Huggerz

1) HALP!!

2) Double HALP!!

3)...

(edit: Cant seem to get these pics in order. more noobishness)
  19. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Either this guy is

an excellent troll

a complete idiot at notd with 30k exp

or a hacker.

Help me decide
  20. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy