NotD: Noob of the Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pyromaniac, Jun 27, 2012.

1. so i decided to post this b4 someone beats me :)
    play nc, get a medic, go nano :)) nano sear ERE 2, avoid gunship by going down ramp.
    Damn exams made me play asleep :D
  2. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

To think I dropped my nuke five seconds earlier >.>

Attached Files:

3. tigonridge

tigonridge Member

Funniest part of that: my nuke was almost exactly overlapping yours, maybe a 2-3 steps closer. After your nuke dropped, they didn't see the 2nd nuke circle that was still there, and ran right into it. Had it been my nuke that had dropped first, it would've been you who would've had the honor of nuking them. ;-)
  4. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Wrong, because:
    - As soon as Blaqk announced Lelantos coming from south, I immediately located it and dropped nuke (then immediately switched to M45 because I had no better weapon that could hit air), I looked at everyone's positions and the only way I could have caused casualty was if someone noticed the nuke and immediately sprinted towards it for whatever reason.
    - If the first nuke was yours, the second nuke that you proposed coming from me would have never existed, unlike Froblock I still have fear of doing close range nukes

Also, no borrowed time? Seriously? By not even getting it to level 1 you've cut Commando's potentials a lot because I counted around 4-5 nukes you did in the whole game, compared to one nuke every 20-40 seconds from me >.>
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  5. tigonridge

tigonridge Member

Admittedly, my nuke was a little too close. Still, that wasn't solely my fault, since there was still plenty of room and time for people to evade that nuke.

As for Borrowed Time, you really think 2 mandos with BT is necessary? What a joke. Also, I haven't played a single game where a nuke every 40 seconds was necessary, or even very useful, at least before agrons and infested marines start to spawn en mass. It places unnecessary extra strain on medic.

What are you nuking every 40 seconds that is so extremely important? A few zombies that demo can solo with or without the help of medic and teammates' dps? Agrons hadn't even spawned en mass yet... and by then, I would have been lv11 and gotten at least 1 pt in BT. I've played 3man @ 2500 sq with Demolition, Assault, and Subtlety Marksman. Guess what... no nukes! -GASP-

Just watched replay. I nuked at least 6 times up to that point, and you didn't exactly nuke much more than that. Maybe 10-12 at most. While you were nuking worms (which can be done any time - no need to rush to get that job done), I was nuking and killing meno since it spawned somewhat close. Btw, my xp was ahead of yours the entire game. Funny how that works out, even without me spamming cuts and nukes.
  6. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

You had pistol, p45 OP.

As for nuke itself, i did walk forward like 2-3 range but i might have been nuked without going forward as well probably dunno. Wasn't really watching it then and got no time to check replay. It was avoidable in like 3 diff ways so we both fucked up.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Everyone knows I carried that game, anyway. Falling asleep and dying is OP.
  8. Onslaughter

Onslaughter Member

EC Vet pubs always have something wonderful waiting for you. . .

AtWaR for the nuke. . .
    Screenshot2014-06-17 16_16_05.jpg
    Pheasant for not moving at all. . .
    Screenshot2014-06-17 16_16_26.jpg
    The whole game was full of fail, for the most part, but this took the cake compared to everything else. . .
  9. ozzy

ozzy Member

that happened so many times to me
    but i retired from notd

but in a game i was recon to get the civilian transport and I just right clicked to the bottom right of the minimap for no reason and I walked right in to the boss and died
    but it was also I had 0 fps so I could not control the recon precisely
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  10. tigonridge

tigonridge Member

Best. PO. Ever.

Squish, the PO of the month. He blamed John for barely stepping forward. Apparently, John barely even inched forward. This amazing PO aimed his push circle so that it's barely in front of John, in hope that he doesn't even inch forward one bit. Pro judgment.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  11. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

*falls over laughing, wheezing for air* Oh Dat funny as Hell!
  12. Ar0uz3d

Ar0uz3d Member

That's actually a pretty common mistake really. I've seen Kilopede as PO push both Chuck and Ons into a nuke after Queen died in EC. John did move off the supply station a little bit and I assume Squish made the mistake thinking it was fine to use push around the edge of supply station since everyone but John was in the middle of it.
  13. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I was precisely aiming. Why he was moving around when I had been pushing all game is beyond me. I guess people think a Psi Ops makes them immortal.

And yes, it is possible to aim very precisely without killing anyone - I don't guess at it and hope for the best, with nukes, or with push. Once I place that command, anything that happens after is not my problem.

Units that are highlighted red and have that circle are what's affected. Things that are not will not be affected.

This is how I nuke so very precisely, there is no "guessing" behind it - I suspect it's how NiteShade nukes, too.

Fact of the matter is, had he not twitched south ever so slightly, he'd have been fine.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    • Rainbow Sticker Rainbow Sticker x 1
    • Butt Butt x 1
  14. tigonridge

tigonridge Member

If your aim was precise, the northern tip of your push circle would just barely touch the bottom portion of the devourer, making it a good safe distance away from John while still hitting your main target. He was barely even moving 1 tile toward the circle.

No, teammates shouldn't have to restrict their movement in fear that their teammate could kill them with an ability that didn't even do much to begin with (that dev and those few zombies would've been easily dealt with - we didn't need your uber pro micro). With everything you do, you have to weight your risks vs rewards. The only things you pushed were a dev and a couple smallfry zombies. That doesn't justify aiming a push directly in front of the John towards the nuke circle, unless perhaps the his health is in the red zone; but even then, your push was way too close.

It's amazing that you're still putting the blame onto others.
  15. tigonridge

tigonridge Member

Bartman: shield me. im flaming it
    squish: **** dat. i got dis

Who needs a commando when you have this guy?

John asked me to upload it. Happy to oblige. Wonder who the kid blames this time...
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ozzy

ozzy Member

what does that do

it makes no sense
  17. ozzy

ozzy Member

I was testing if crowbar worked on dome a but there were too many infested marines
    upload_2014-8-15_0-15-23.png
    I recommend to use flame instead

or if you want long range use gpr or m5
  18. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

I don't think it's even relatively wise for a mando to crowbar or flame dome A.
  19. ozzy

ozzy Member

but there is no reload which lets adrenaline work the best with crowbar
  20. squish

squish Well-Known Member

The best two or three weapons to have are the M5, HMG, and GPR, oddly enough. The M5 flat out does at least 13 damage to everything, the HMG flattens it in ammo efficiency, and the GPR is good vs all of it except hulks and infested rines. Most of dome A is psionic, making the M5 a clear winner in DPS; however, the HMG has more splash, so may win out in sheer efficiency just because of the fact that you hit everything. Be glad the laser rifle doesn't have splash damage, otherwise it'd be the clear winner in all cases. Flat out more damage than the HMG to everything that matters, even more so when you add HE to the mix.