NotD: Noob of the Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pyromaniac, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Deleted Noob of the day by accident, oh well...

Now you can clear your images and get more space for more attachments!

[attachment=1267]
  2. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

sooo backstory to this .... since im the first noob of the day in the new thread!.. apollo b nm 2050 rating... right after i pound hades to death with stingers and were celebrating.. i see an agron... i stung it.. for no apparent reason and killed the pathfinder right next to it.. wasnt even a misclick... i just blew him up seconds before the MOH... =( oops
  3. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

How the hell did you manage to do that?
  4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Hardcore N00bing must be the cause.
  5. David

David Well-Known Member

My message got cut off at the very top of the chat screen saying "fucking MOH" (Celebratory) only to have it trolled by Lulz 5 seconds later :(
  6. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Our efforts paid off after unloading bullets, rockets (and everything else that hurts) non-stop, we finally got rid of Hades for good. It was at that time when I saw HamCient's vital sign fading away, so without second thoughts I rushed towards him with fibrin bandage in one hand, surgical laser on the other.

It was a crude job, but at least he was safe for the moment. However, an Agron slowly approaches and by instincts, I quickly moved away from HamCient.

I turned my head around, the last things I saw was an explosion next to HamCient, which divided his body into numerous unrecognisable pieces. I thought to myself "If only I had enough energy for a nano shield..."

Rest in peace HamCient [​IMG]
  7. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Hamcient x MegurineLuka fanfic

Make it happen writers! :angel:

Don't be too sad guys. This happens fairly often. :p
  8. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

Lulz is a disguised Black Ops. He was only doing his job.
  9. HamCient

HamCient New Member

Here's an animation of the epic moments taken from replay.

Full screen replay: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238736/epic_sc ... c_full.gif

Close-in replay: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238736/epic_sc ... _short.gif

Note that the file sizes are big since these are JPEG images from screenshots that are converted to Animated GIF. Advisable to download them to computer before viewing. Enjoy :D.

Meg, thanks for your help trying to heal me. Lulz, don't be sad you were simply trying to remove that argon threat :D.
  10. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Seriously, how? You have to be editing the first post or press delete post, and you also have to confirm that you want to delete it.
    [hr]
    Seriously, how? You have to be editing the first post or press delete post, and you also have to confirm that you want to delete it.
  11. Serpys

Serpys New Member

This proposition intrigues me. I'll get back to you on that.
  12. Serpys

Serpys New Member

Might as well contribute as long as I'm around. Started off a pub EC about an hour and a half ago. Lose two off the bat cause they didn't like one of the other players for god knows what reason. Lose 3 more by the time we walk over to Ere 1, and left with my MM, a tank who's never played before, a Rifle, and myself dragging the Recon along behind (he went Mobility, so he doesn't have any damage boosting, but made a good pack mule).

The tank actually does pretty good; listens to what we teach him, stays pretty smart. Get all the way to Eos, where for whatever reason Safeguard fails him and we all abandon hill. I was trying to save the Recon from some mobs and didn't notice my own MM had stopped moving. Didn't stand a chance.

Best part? We got Eos down to 20 goddamn HP. Then Rifle lost it at the last second to some Infested Marines.

Was still one hell of a game, though.
  13. David

David Well-Known Member

Cool story, but... I'm having trouble following who the noob is and why he gets honours on this page. Are you the noob?
  14. Serpys

Serpys New Member

I was the noob for letting myself die like that. New tank did pretty good.
  15. HamCient

HamCient New Member

Epic-ness in the form of replay as some have requested for.
  16. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

pshh david.. i am the ultimate noob.. no other noob moment has fan lore about it but mine.
  17. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Meg apparently searched google about that and got... a hit! DUN DUN DUUN.

Props to whoever wrote it.

Ham, I'm beginning to notice that among the players, it seems you're the victim of most TK noob of the day posts. Why are you so killable?
  18. HamCient

HamCient New Member

I have been precise-shiva'ed and I counted myself on the receiving end of more than 7 times.

What is precise-shiva'ed ? It is the phenomena whereby I am standing just a few pixels from the person who launch it (I don't usually launch shiva as I have never trusted it). Somehow the blast from the shiva killed me and yet the person who launched it standing just 3 to 7 pixels away or maybe the whole team just couple pixels away are intact... and I am the only one shiva'ed. This is the epic precise-shiva'ed phenomena I have experienced more than 7 times and usually these were in surv campaigns.

I have been mono-ed into the spot while I was trying to escape from argons at Dome C when I was a newbie by a sick mm.

I have been L3-ed to death too ....

I have been precise-nuked to death ...

The list can go on...

But I think you guys have had most of what I experienced above as well. I love the precise-shiva'ed though ... as I am still wondering how I died just a few pixels away from my team.

Yes, I am so killable :p.
  19. Osaze

Osaze Well-Known Member

^
    This is when I tell ppl to play better or go back to the gym, cuz video games aren't your thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

made my day