NotD Nightmare Mode Challenging ?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by kamukag3e, May 16, 2013.

1. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Well-Known Member

Except for team of really low skilled players. Is it challenging ?

As a PvE of a sort map it's not really hard if you step-by-step do the right things, only players that think they can play solo ruin the game.
    I think that the NM mode should be way more harder that is now, implying that players should play on normal, veteran or hardened mode until they learn the basics and NM for extra challenge to hardcore NotD fans.
    I propose that the Nightmare runs should be at the brink of sure defeat so only players with very good knowledge and game-play could win it.

Even if it's not implemented for the WoL version of the map, would be good to do it in the freshly made HotS.

What's your opinion everybody ?
  2. speedy_new

speedy_new Well-Known Member

U can make is more extreme when u set nc exped. If it is not extreme for u. Additional, have u had 6 medal run (7 form medic or rifle).
    Another difficulty improvement. Have u do all possible missions on nm? And all with performance bonus. I dont think so. So many difficulty improvemnts before u.
  3. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Once ppl wanted VNM.

Also I've spoken about this topic many times. Technically only ec is completed the only other modes aren't. That's the reply I've gotten so far
  4. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

It's hard if you play it right.
  5. Scorpione

Erm no? If its hard you're doing it wrong due it actually not being truly difficult like 2years ago.
  6. kamukag3e

I've got enough EC, AC, SEC and survival NM expeditionary and navi cross to see that they are not so hard. Most of the times it's players fault to make really sloppy moves or don't position well.

As the guide about Security company is called "for dummies". You don't need to be even good to win a sec game, you just need to do the right things. A friend of mine played from my account in AC NM run and win it without taking more than 10 hits, was his first game of NotD.
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Everyone else is doing it wrong. Their way is easy. They get bored. I do it right. My way is hard. I don't get bored.
  8. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

Feel free to correct me, but I don't see you on NA much? perhaps you go by a different screen name? or perhaps you play on EU or SEA. Either way, try playing nm games on higher lvl, more spawns aren't really THE challenge you're seeking, however it does provide a level of enjoyment, at least for a while.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

EC NM is the only "finished" campaign that is "ready" for Nightmare. The other still have a ton of updates, yet.
  10. kamukag3e

2300+ rating and 20,000-40,000 experience is low ? O.K.

Thank you for the info will do more EC NM runs then :)
    Still I do think that they are easy if you aim to finish it rather than do side-quests as most of the players tend to skip cameras, civilian convoy, rescuing civilians at apollo.
    And skipping them give you time and space to take better position and do very easy run again. And I'm really sad that most of the players prefer to win it easy than try to do it the 'right' way even if it's harder.
  11. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

2300 rating with 20k-40k xp? Nice backups.
  12. kamukag3e

What did you imply as a backup.
    I point the rating and exp. as the squad average that I encounter in part of my games.
  13. speedy_new

So u completed 7 medals run for rifle . I am interesting of replay how u did this. (7 medals run hard= MOH,DSM,Silver Star,NC,Exped,Legion of Merit,Combat Ribbon;7 medals run easy=MOH,DSM,Lifesaving Medal,NC,Exped,Legion of Merit,Combat Ribbon).
    Of course it is doable(i never did, i only did 6 medals run 3 times, but i dont think it will be reapeted soon ). Anyway i dont belive that 7 medals run are very easy to achieve even by very good team.
  14. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Car, Moh, lsm, exped and lom are pretty easy in every campaign.
    DSM is generally lost to some negligence, its generally the hardest part for a medalrun because a single misstep in a 1h game can cost it.
    NC depents on the team and campaign but mostly it could have been preserved even the games it was lost.
    SS is the only medal that realy depents on the players actions.
  15. kamukag3e

As I write down in my second post I start my games with the expeditionary condition and the -nm, -nc commands. That is (and avoid dying or getting hit by baneling of any kind) all I can do for those medals. As HipHopDragon write down, they are easy to get.
    For most of the medals - it's not a single player from which it depends on will you get them or not but it could be a single player who can screw all of them in one go.

Thankfully Kithrixx and Scorpione answered, the only campaign completed for Nightmare is the Easy Company.
    All others normal/veteran or nightmare are not with much of a difference as a whole. Hope that this will be fixed in the near future.
  16. Scorpione

Too bad that even ec nm is easy.
  17. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

lol I was about to say, how many times didn't we accidentally get nc yesterday in ecnm scorp? When you bunch the medals together it can get overwhelming, but if you just look at them one at a time, it's really not that hard. Most of those medals are passives you go for regardless of campaign (and honestly will most like succeed in achieving without random events), and the rest are simply "k lets go for the extra medal ezpz I need to farm it" or "this single person is working towards this medal."
  18. speedy_new

Of course they are easy to achieve, single or in some combinations. Point is to achieve them all at the same time. Maybe different way. Please place here his 7 medals run replay, we will see how easy to get this.
    If it is so easy should be plenty of replays:) And all ppl could learn how to play better watching "dream teams"
  19. Scorpione

7 medal run ec nm. Everyone stay away while I solo the map with any class an

d that's your 7 medal run.
    Really..... team can just stay balled up while 1 or 2 do everything. Yes it is that simple. Answer doesn't always have to be complicated
    If people don't bother don't pay attention... then that's their problem since the high xp dudes already have level 3 of most medals n wont care if they are failed.
    Also exped makes modes easier tbh.

He means backing up after every fail so you don't loose rating.
    It's possible to have that. I had that. I reach like 50k n had max for a bit. Then i started rambo more and do all the work. My rating now is around 2200-2400 constantly. That's how you can tell who's actually being efficient "we r loosing" mando says 'fuck it' shotguns everything takes 100hits but atleast thanks to him u won.. but ppl dont even realize how much difference stuff like that makes.
  20. kamukag3e

Thank you for the insight.
    I understand what's the difference when someone is ready to sacrifice himself even for a single game to get his team to victory.
    Still I do think that's not important if you have decent tank player.

Just for example, as the team clump up for a holdout on survival mode I spot the tiny mistakes they make.
    As the group most of the times consist of Technician and Assault they can take positions that are most likely to take few hits and obviously as they are resilient to rating loss the group won't suffer. Still they choose poorly and from that a lighter class can take few unnecessary hits.
    For me team positioning is crucial in all games and in all stages especially when you consider the shared experience that is missed. That at the early stages can have snowball effect as higher level support class can contribute a lot more at certain point of the game and the fact that some player decide to stay outside of the group location and doesn't share his experience is not a simple crime but a sin (I'm quite zealous when high level of egoism is involved).