NOTD needs Update asap!!

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Akuma, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akuma

Akuma New Member

Well.. The title says it well
    Any News on new update for NOTD ? Since SC2 patch 1.5 it messed up the graphic and created a lots of glitches.. and sometimes forces some1s pc to crash and freeze.. which is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery dangerous to say it nicely, which actually prevents a player to play it just in fear for that to happen..
    It happend to me now 2 times that my PC crashed..
    Would be happy for some responses and your thoughts =)
  2. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

For the crashing, you may have to get a better graphics card or lower your graphics
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Boss Ability updates on weekends. A lot of the 1.5 problems don't make much sense as to why they exist, so your patience regarding us figuring out what the actual fuck would be appreciated.
  4. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

Every map is getting fucked up atm, but high-end details map that utilizes alot of data and actors will get ownt hard.
  5. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Blizzard basically made sweeping changes to the underlying programming structure of the game, so anything complicated or interacts with anything will now have unforeseen outcomes. It's a big reason most software developers are wary of upgrading their tools or using new version of other software that interacts with their own (Basically everyone), because unless it is THROUGHLY documented, you have no idea what the hell will go wrong (see current situation with custom maps).
  6. Akuma

Akuma New Member

Good Idea =)..
    Well lets just say my fps be4 patch 1.5 was decent.. so I could play it through without lags, crashes, or freezin.. And ingame when my PC realizes its less fps it automaticly puts the graphic option to the lowest.. so i could still play on..
    [hr]
    Well it takes time .. That we should take too.. Maybe Ability can put up some new stuffs too ;) (like shiva ;) xD )
    [hr]
    I hope I didnt sound like I am unpatient.. Coz If I did.. Thats just because I didnt know that Ability can only update NOTD only on weekends.. So I apologize for that..
  7. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Don't plan on new or old content to be re-added until things get fixed. Shiva won't be added back in until a purpose is actually made for it (So its not just a random huge nuke with no specific purpose that you happen to have).
  8. Akuma

Akuma New Member

Yes you are right I agree
    So I guess with the HOTS its gonna be the same..
    [hr]
    From what I read/heard Shiva is gonna be a story-based Item
    [hr]
    Thank you very much for the responses =)
  9. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

At the same time some popular maps have been fixed and work perfectly since 1.5, maybe you can ask some of those guys how they fixed it?.
  10. Akuma

Akuma New Member

Thats right
  11. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Probably because most of the "popular maps" aren't very complicated and don't have as much stuff that can be messed up in a patch, unlike NOTD.
  12. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

Im no programmer but some of those maps dont look simmple they are really detailed with lots of upgrades, units and stories. I know notd is a big map with lot of stuff but common things like hitbox, ammo bug and visuals should atleast be fixed. Rest of the bugs and lag issues, crash/freezes can look into after. Or maybe you guys need to rebuild map.

Only reason I mention this is we already lost alot of good players because of this crap. Day by day we loosing more and eu vet channel is bloody empty nowadays its become difficult to find good teams. Anf if this keep up then Im thinking to quit to.
  13. CooL

CooL Member

+1
    IMO, NOTD is the most complicated custom map that I've ever played.
    BUT maybe there aren't enough NOTD developers either.
    We who playing this for months or years must have patience to wait this game fixed, since we know how nice this map when bugs/glitches are not significant. New players who play NOTD since the Arcade patch might have different opinion. They might played it once or twice then gone forever.
    Timing is very crucial now, fixed it fast or lose at this arcade competition.
  14. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I honestly don't see what's so unplayably wrong with NOTD specifically other than maybe Tart and Field Nexus. And the latter is only if you insist of having a Field Nexus or you won't play the game.

Tart can be annoying. But non -nm Tart is just a breeze. And -nm Tart is a breeze with a -nm team, so it doesn't really matter.

Things like lag and desyncs are Blizzard's problems, and probably most of the technical graphics stuff and Ability won't be able to do anything about it. To be honest I don't care if Ability ever gets around to fixing colors for Medics and the FO so long as he's fixing Tart, the Field Nexus and other bugs present before 1.5.
  15. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Agreed with Emp. 1.5 broke virtually no functionality of the game, only cometic stuff (where things appear or not, or failing to disappear or animations not present). The field nexus MC and tart are annoyances, they both can EASILY be worked around. Mag bug doesn't alter the game in any significant way either, having unlimited ammo does not make this game all that easier or harder.
  16. Akuma

Akuma New Member

I agree with you Qx..
    [hr]
    True that the colors and the mag bug are minor things.. but still are stuffs that needed to be looked upon.. and besides u ever looked for example the Stalkers? when u move your cursor on it I cant help but see/feel that the stalkers contain 2 units.. there are more enemys with the same problem..
    The mag bug does help the players not to worrying 'Bout the ammo, but also if not payin attention u might carry lots of mags and so walkin slower and slower.
  17. Akuma

Akuma New Member

Can only Ability fix this? or does he have some more ppl to help him???
  18. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Blaqk got promoted to NOTD Developer a few weeks or months back. Ability stated that along with continuing web development, Blaqk will help with the actual map if time permits. That being said, I have not seen Blaqk for ages and I have no idea why he's disappeared.
  19. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Last I heard, because of his situation, Blaqk has limited internet access at best.
  20. Akuma

Akuma New Member

no offense but it sounds like its gonna take some moooore time...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.