NOTD - Heart of the Swarm Upgrade (1 Jul 2013)

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ability, Mar 17, 2013.

1. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Uh.. oh god I hope so...

I CANT START OUT IN PUBS AGAIN!!!! *goes and hides in barrel*
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

The bank files are the same on both versions. There will not be any changes.

The WOL version will not be updated. It's an archive copy of NOTD in case people need to play it.
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Militarized APC can replace EC's Truck.
    Militarized Transport Ship can replace EC's endgame transport.

Other than that, the model changes are over here:
  4. Ataraxia

Ataraxia New Member

I would recommend that you devs make the road flares throwable in a short distance (maybe at range 6 to 8). That will provide many benefits and also improve gameplay:
    1. First and most obviously is that you don't have to risky your neck trying to run into hordes of zombies to light an area up (especially in surv, which also my main concern here, it quite dark).
    2. It make more sense because 6 to 8 range isn't quite far away and thus it won't overlap with the recon's or FO's skill. It will also lessen the burden of energy on those 2 class (especially the recon, since it needs mana for SS).
    3. People will pick it up and use it more. I think most of the time people would just choose to ignore the flare or drop it outright (just hop into a surv and you would see that people will drop it right of the bat when they reached EC muta ramp or maybe sooner than that)
  5. RoboMonkey

kk, few things/ideas/feedback...

- Do the Ravasaur and Tyrannozor, or for that fact, any of the primal zerg models have a burrow/unborrow animation?
    - Do players want the agron model to change? (personally i like the basic Ultralisk with the char spines sticking out of the back)
    - as skeleton said "Field Nexus's model Widow Mine bigger scale with some attachments such as science vessel, radar dish thing" or a miniature orbital command, planetary fortress, sensor tower, or psi emitter on top of it. Or... use the original shredder model.
    - Change Menoetes model to one of the new lurkers models.
    - Change Apollo's reactor to use the Psi-Destroyer's Model
    -Change the FO's Asgard Model to the Gorgon Battlecruiser???

[​IMG]
    (Use HOTS Nova model for psi-ops?)
    [​IMG]
    (Use Ghost Variation for Marksman or Black-Ops?(the one one the right would make a great BO))

Ideas for new pets:
    Thor (plz plz plz... a tiny Thor would look so cute :D)
    Shredder/Widow Mine
    Viking/Archangel (walker form)
    Replicant
    Mothership Core
    Primal Zergs (perhaps some of the pack leaders?)
    General Warfield
    Sentry Bot

Also.. Keep in mind that Blizzard is going to release BLIZZARD ALL-STARS, and that should add a few more tools and models to the pallet.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Yes.

I have been interested in it changing for some time. I do not like that it is the basic Ultralisk with a hat, partially because it feels low-effort and partially because the Ultralisk does not look even vaguely human.

I would love to use the Shredder model, but am unaware of its location in the files. It's my understanding that it was removed. If I can find it or someone can show me where it's located, I would be happy to make use of it.

Menos doesn't need changing.

Maybe.

Maybe, if we don't use the Hyperion (from the space mission).

Maybe. I'm not too keen on upgrading to a suddenly much higher quality model in the middle of all of the other characters - however, if it's not that noticeable of a difference, we'll go with it.

When Blizzard Allstars comes out, we will be using its models if we can. If those models are already present in the editor, feel free to show me where they are and we will absolutely make use of them.

No. The pet models will be staying as they are for now. The selection may improve with NOTD2 when the Credit Shop gets updated, but I am not interested in adding more layers of complexity to a system that is rarely seen or used.

I am fully aware of this, and will be examining the new assets available when it releases.
  7. RoboMonkey

Okay sounds good.
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Models --> Terran --> Unit --> Sentry Mine

For the Shredder's model. At least, that is what <should> be the shredders model.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Goodness, no. That's just an Automation 2000 with a blinky butt. This is a Shredder.
  10. Ataraxia

Ataraxia New Member

I do understand your concern about the Tech should use the Warhound model. However, if you guys intend to change that then please feature the Viking walker as something else in game. Terran (or the human race in-game) has always been a "Transformers" class and it's cool to have a walker in-game.

And the other thing is if you devs intend to leave the WoL's NOTD as an archive then please fix the Cronus laser before leaving it on the shelf. Even on vet (non-NM) AC it still able to by pass KA or RA.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The Viking will be placed elsewhere. I have plans for expanding the difficulty in regards to player choices for Apollo Sec.
  12. TRINITY

TRINITY Well-Known Member

Will players be able to buy lifetime model change for classes just like they can get colors?
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

For NOTD2, I am considering that.
  14. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

Tin cans ready to roll! Please put this in.
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Warhound Technician has been planned ever since the Warhound was announced a year ago.
  16. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

There is still no mention of this happening anywhere in game, be it map description or loading screen. Leaving big part of players that do not frequent forums unaware of the fact.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks - latest patch will have that announcement on loading screen.
  18. RoboMonkey

K, not sure if u guys are still taking suggestions/ ideas, but here's a few.

[​IMG] - repair bot. (could use these to replace engineer probes, or SETH SCVs.)
    [​IMG] - Gas Turrets. (These would be perfect for the 3rd-Person Shooter mode in ALPHA Campaign, during the run and fight Cerberus)
    [​IMG] - Gorgon Battlecruiser (not sure what we can use it for.)
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I am perfectly fine with the Repair bots replacing Seth's SCVs.

There are no plans to use the Gas Turrets at this time. They may or may not be used in the sequel as a Variant Tier 3 for the Technician.

The Gorgon Battlecruiser will not be used. Originally I was going to use it for the FO's Gunship, but the Gorgon is frickin' enormous. We will be using the Hyperion from the space mission.
  20. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Are we going to use the Korhal palace turrets as a replacement for the black dog?