NOTD - Heart of the Swarm Upgrade (1 Jul 2013)

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ability, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

Can we have the Raynor lab marine as rifleman or commando model?
  2. ForeRunner

ForeRunner Well-Known Member

seeing as the rifleman is already a basic Raynor model I agree lets change it to the new one. Besides it would be nice for your color choice to actually matter on the rifle.
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Nope. Using that for something else. Besides, Rifleman already has a team color.
  4. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

Sheng?
    hahah
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Nope. It's a boss for NOTD2. Besides, I don't like the Lab Raynor model because you cannot actually apply decals to it.
  6. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

-Eileithyia model(change overload to mutant overload skin), give it a more bad ass overload looks
  7. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

One thing, if NOTD is going to go to HotS assets, there should be something about it in the game description, so that it isn't sudden and people know about it.
  8. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

-Strangler model(corruptor to viper model), the drag ability have similarity of hug, can retain the animation for hug skill.
  9. JackBandit

JackBandit Member

HotS is an amazing expansion for games like NOTD. It'd be stupid not to utilize the TONS of new abilities, models, and content the game offers. Playing through the campaign I saw a lot of features that seemed almost made to be utilized in this map. Really looking forward to "NOTD 2".

P.S. Please, please, please add Sarah Kerrigan ghost model as a playable unit lol. Recons are soooooo ugly and Sarah's ghost model is beautiful.
  10. Ginger Gerald

Ginger Gerald Well-Known Member

Keep Recons as Spectres! Please! I always feel weird playing female classes, which is actually my biggest problems with being a medic or psi ops...

If possible the regular Zerg models could be turned into Primal Zerg models to help differentiate between them when an Engy uses Mind Control.

Turn Menos into a Swarm Host, leave the other one ( I can't remember what she's called ) for a boss, preferably.

And if possible, use Abathur's model or voice for something...He's my favorite. :)
  11. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Do not use the Warhound. For the simple reason that...

[​IMG]

It is butt ugly and skinny beyond belief compared to all the other mechs even to the Goliath. This thing is super squishy and flimsy even in the HotS campaign and the model explains it. It does not look like it can take punishment and that a single explosion anywhere on its body will render it useless.

If anything the Warhound is the Magikarp of the Starcraft Universe...

[​IMG]

For a Commando Model may want to look at the Marine XP Unlock

[​IMG]

As for the new Raynor and Kerrigan models, nooooooo...

Though they are detailed super good they have no decals possible and you got the color halo radiating at their feet which you cannot separate same as the heroes from Warcraft 3.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The Warhound can be squashed down a bit. The Technician was always supposed to be the Warhound, because the Warhound's gun is ambiguous rather than being gattling guns. You'll have to get over your dislike of it.

We won't be using the Marine XP Reward, as the only real difference is in the visor and all of the Commando's portraits strongly portray it. I'm not going to redo all of my concept artwork.

I'm perfectly fine with Menos being changed to a Swarm Host.
    Sarah Kerrigan's model will not be used in any capacity for NOTD. MAYBE NOTD2, but not NOTD.
  13. Zero

Zero New Member

Does the Archangel model have any potential to replace the current technician model or any other potential replacement in this current notd. Just wondering since if its ok to have the model updated. To keep notd current to hots. :p
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

No. The Technician model will be replaced by the Warhound.
  15. Razgriz

Razgriz New Member

Well the Warhound does better fit the "utility suit that's been re-purposed for combat" description the Technician's been given. The viking has actual gatling guns on each side while the warhound doesn't have that full on "made for direct-combat" look... That is his reason
  16. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

It looks better than the reapers (pf's) shotgun pistals shooting m45's/m5's... Technician doesn't look awkward with many (really any) weapons with the viking model.

On a topic OTHER than models: will both the WoL and HotS games use the same bank file? Would be nice to prevent the community from splitting and alienating each other by making it better to switch back and forth between modes.
  17. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

NOTD will get converted into a Heart of the Swarm only map.

There may be a version of NOTD that will be the last WoL compatible version, i.e. the update before HotS models etc. get placed into NOTD, and its likely this version will work w/ the HotS version unless some significant bank changes happen in the HotS version that make it no longer backwards compatible, in which case I'd assume you could still go from WoL to HotS, but not from HotS to WoL.
  18. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Would it be possible to add a function to Vigil to convert bank files bank and forth between HotS and WoL (assuming major bank changes to occur)? I would think that would put less stress on the game itself in terms of reading bank files as well, since the two seperate versions of the game could read their own file, not share one.

Also, another suggestion: Put the "link" (whatever this new feature Blizzard has put into SC2 to put in links in chat boxes that re-direct to player profiles, games, etc.) to the WoL version of NotD in updated HotS version's description.
  19. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

WOL sold 1.4m copies in first 48 hours. HOTS sold 1.1m copies in the same time as an expansion - and more will buy later. Most people will be converting to HOTS. There won't be a link to the WOL map when we convert NOTD to HOTS. People will just search 'Night of the Dead WOL' on Arcade to find it.

There won't be any more major changes to NOTD's bank for sure. Any major work is now scheduled for NOTD 2.
  20. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Will the NotD2 bank file be a new one? Or will it use the current bank file... (sorry if I was supposed to have read this somewhere else)