NOTD - Heart of the Swarm Dependency Added

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ability, May 14, 2014.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

We've just added Heart of the Swarm dependency into NOTD. This will have the long-term benefit of allowing us to use new models/sound/terrain and additional Blizzard media. To do this, we had to remove some critical Wings of Liberty links from some really old NOTD units. (pre-2012). This may have a side effect of breaking several units/abilities. We're looking through all the unit links but because NOTD is such a large map, we may have overlooked things that can only be found through live testing.

To ensure that we test this and fix any issues that will occur, the latest patch will only be uploaded in SEA server. We will test over 1-2 weeks to ensure stability before rolling out to all other servers by end-May. Please help with our testing on SEA (everyone can login via Global Play).
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

As a first test, we will update Magazine crates to the same visual used for Magazines in NOTD 2 to improve cross-game consistency. We will fine tune the final visual based on player feedback/visibility issues over live testing. You will only see this change in SEA server for now.

upload_2014-5-14_21-43-53.png

Attached Files:

3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Tested 2 games on SEA server - fine so far but still early stages.

Early look of what the updated Magazine visual looks like in-game:
    upload_2014-5-14_22-54-14.png

Updated Anti-Venom crate visual:
    upload_2014-5-14_22-52-22.png
  4. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

So does this mean the technician will finally get it's model changed to the Warhound or will it remain the same?
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Waaaaarhoooooound.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Kith finally getting what he wants lol...
  7. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

wasn't testing like this one of the reasons for having the NOTD unstable map?
  8. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Testing works best if you have lots of guinea pigs. ^-^
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Played another game today and everything looks okay. If there are no major faults reported on SEA, will publish latest patch to NA server by this weekend.
  10. RoboMonkey

*Gives Kith a giant, wet, smooch on the forehead*
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Uploaded latest patch to all servers. Will need ArcanePariah's help to change Technician's model to Warhound in June (after Rock the Cabinet contest submisison deadline for NOTD 2), as Peerawatz added some attachments to base model and am not sure how to decouple it cleanly.
  12. RoboMonkey

Can' wait to see the cockpit/forcefield attachment on the Warhound :D

Oh completely forgot to ask this... will there be any update to the Pathfinder/Reaper Model now that the Death Head/Merc Reaper can be accessed?[​IMG][​IMG]
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

For Pathfinder model, we've already done the wallpaper artwork for it, so will prefer to keep it as it is. Our artist did 2 wallpapers for Technician (including one with Warhound model), and that's why we can still change it.

Updated Field Nexus model from Dark Immortal to Widow Mine. Only drawback is that Widow Mine doesn't have an attack animation.
    upload_2014-5-17_10-14-3.png
  14. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Have we set up the Technician/Warhound to use his melee attack animation when the player has the crowbar?
  15. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Will need AP's help with that when he helps change the model to Warhound in June.
  16. RoboMonkey

Here's a a few suggestions/ideas.
    - figure out how to use the widow's attack animation while it's unburrowed?
    - can you take to top half of the dark immortal, and stick it on top of the widow mine?
    - stick a scaled down planetary fortress on top of it? that would solve the attack animation problem. Only draw back is that the Fortress in regualr gameplay cant move so I'm not sure how that would work on a mobile unit.
    - stick a perdition turret on top, and change the attack animation?

OR....

stick an orbital command, senor tower, or the top have of a hive-mind emulator(so to give it the impression of a mobile compliance nexus or some kind of transmitter), completely remove the attack, and either give it an aura that does some type of damage to enemies (so that it has some kinda slight defense) or amp up its HP and or shields.

Bear with me I'm just brainstorming at this point.
  17. RoboMonkey

Now that that NOTD has the HoTS dependencies, i'd like to talk about the StarCraft leveling system, and how it does/can interact with NOTD.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    - Would it be at all possible to change Eileithyia's model to the "mutant" overlord skin.

- Could we change the Guardian of the Beta's Model to the "judicator" Zealot skin, after all the GOTB is the ULTIMATE Boss of NOTD, why not make him look the part?

- The Merc Marine skin. Few thing i wanna talk about. First of all, while I was playing a pub, when i selected a dead leaver's minis during the Eos battle, i noticed that his marine's wireframe was that of a "merc marine", but the unit model was the basic model. Would it be possible to make it so that players who have achieved the Terran Level 30 Marine Skin, can have it applied in NOTD? If so this would apply directly to the marine minis that a dead player get's during the Eos battle in Easy Company and the ones they get during the Hades Battle in Alpha Company, and (there was no way in hell i wasn't gonna bring this up, XD) the Forward Observer's Minis while they are in Marine Equipment. I pretty sure players would love to be able to play with the marine skin they work so hard to achieve, and those who don't might want to work hard in regular play to achieve the skin, and then play with it in NOTD. If this proposal is not okay, or cant work due to stuff like player's banks and technical crap that i cant get my head around, then can we at least give the skin to Sheng?? (pretty sure someone suggested that in the original NOTD upgrade to HoTS thread).
    • A+ A+ x 1
  18. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

I thought the rifleman used the Raynor model?
  19. RoboMonkey

Its does, but im not talking about the Rifleman... I'm talking about the Marine Minis.
  20. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Guardian of the Beta model updated (Robomonkey):
    upload_2014-5-18_12-11-24.png

Eileithya model updated (Robomonkey):
    upload_2014-5-18_12-16-42.png
    Last edited: May 18, 2014