NOTD Development News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ability, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Very happy to share that NOTD is now live in the Korean server as 'Night of the Dead KR'. The 'Night of the Dead' map name has been taken unfortunately.
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I'll be spending this weekend starting very simple foundation work on the NOTD Tutorial. It's meant for single player only - I'll upload my work-in-progress on SEA and NA server under 'NOTD Boot Camp'.

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR BANK BEFORE TESTING THE TUTORIAL

Major Editor upgrades coming with new patch:
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7200064796#1
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

NOTD Boot Camp updated and now available across all 3 servers (SEA/NA/EU). Basic mechanics for Boot Camp created - will take 2 more weeks of revision before it's ready for general public play. Please beta test, post your replays and give feedback to me on the NOTD Tutorial thread in NOTD Discussion.
  4. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Boot Camp optimized for 2.0.4. Simple Command Card is also disabled by default. NOTD Boot Camp now also available on Korea server for beta testing.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Some polishing on the new inventory system and several bugs fixed this weekend. Once new inventory system is stabilized, AP will help clone the system into the NOTD Boot Camp map. We've also revised the Laser Rifle slightly (based on Kithrixx's inputs) and will likely move to an instant attack mechanic instead of projectile when Peera/AP can help convert it. Map will be with AP now.

2 more weeks before HOTS launch. There may be another small SC2 patch that will be released during/slightly after HOTS that fixes some new SC2 bugs (like custom hotkeys crashing/conflicting).

I'm also still looking for artists (Class Icons, Loading Screen, Wallpapers) and voice actors (General Koller, Bergmann, Capt Linh, Lt. Sheng) to help out NOTD. If you haven't yet, check out SC Universe for examples of good voice acting work. Let me know if you or someone you know would like to volunteer for NOTD.
  7. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Latest patch uploaded with some additional fixes to the inventory system. I've also emailed Blizzard to help me transfer ownership of my SEA and EU server maps into my NA account if possible to streamline map publishing. I hope this is possible, otherwise there is a small chance I may need to buy 3 copies of Heart of the Swarm (HotS) to keep NOTD current across all servers.

I've also pre-ordered my copy of Heart of the Swarm on my NA server account today.
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I've commissioned Justin to help our with Loading Screen artwork for NOTD Boot Camp. He's the artist behind the NOTD logo and most of our media now.
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

We've continued polishing the new inventory system this weekend and also opened Training Field for Alpha testing. I'll be heading down to the Heart of the Swarm launch event in Singapore tomorrow and may meet some NOTD community members too.

2 more days to HOTS launch! Please pre-order to avoid launch week queues and delays if you're going to get it.
  10. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

#1 - Vigil Launch - Windows Launcher Not Yet Completed (Work in Progress)
    Please test Vigil and give your feedback to Mirage. This is a free tool for the community and your efforts to improve it helps everyone.
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... 8#pid37378

#2 - Treatment of Hackers in NOTD
    In the latest patch, hackers are no longer banned. Instead, they are marked out and will take increased damage (400%) and deal reduced damage (25%). This is to comply with a Blizzard Custom Game Acceptable Use Policy requiring that we do not restrict access to players.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/le ... e-use.html

11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I'm back from my vacation (which got extended because reasons). I am currently doing work on NOTD2, which you folks may or may not start to see teaser tidbits of. Depends on how benevolent I feel.
  12. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

ArcanePariah will be helping convert the old inventory system in Boot Camp to the new one we're using on the main map. I've also made some minor aesthetic and functional updates to our Arcade presentation this week.
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Added an Easter special. Count the number of easter eggs (neutral zombie cocoons)! This will be up until next weekend.

And the Assault finally has Team Colors! Happy day! ~Kith
  14. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

We will be reverting the Shield Hits changes in next patch (i.e. Hits on Shield will count as 0 Hits). I've asked Kith to lead an overall effort to review and make recommendations on the Rating system so that we implement everything as a whole to make every individual change work better. This will take a few weeks to iron out.

Have been busy with getting my new home (legal process, renovations, move-in) and marriage (just the legal procudure - it's called ROM in Singapore). That will take up the next 3-4 months but I'll be around.

I'm also working with Omega_Death on voice actors for Boot Camp as a test. Targeting to get this ready by end-April.
  15. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Latest patch uploaded for NOTD Boot Camp and main map. Boot Camp now uses new inventory system - thanks AP!
  16. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Omega Death is helping me with sourcing artists. Please let me know if you have any artists to recommend or can help us look for one. Full brief attached.

Attached Files:

17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

New patch uploaded. AP may have fixed the issue with replays not working. Please test and let us know.
  18. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

NOTD Boot Camp now features limited voice acting across all servers. We are getting the female voice actor (Bossie Vox) to re-do her lines. If we aren't able to get something that works by next weekend, our male voice actor (Johan Bagenholm) will take over Linh's lines as another male character. Please continue giving feedback on the voice acting.

If successful, we intend to start voice acting work for the main map - first with Easy Company storyline. The voice acting will be stored in a separate Mod file to minimize constant downloads of relatively static data. This will be a huge undertaking and we're still looking for good voice actors. If you know anyone, please PM me or send me a WhatsApp message at
    Show Spoiler
    +65 9457 4582
    Thanks.
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Due to failing health and various other life-related issues, I will be taking the rest of the week off. See you all in a couple days.
  20. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Get well soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.