NOTD Development News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ability, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Uploading a new patch today with AP's update - mainly minor polishing/aesthetics, background improvements and bug fixes. If there are any major bugs, let us know so that I can take action quickly. I'll post the updates on Change Log soon once I get them.
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

New patch uploaded this weekend with more bug fixes, balance adjustments and additional polishing. Peera will be working on the map from Sunday onwards, until next Friday.
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Final patch for this weekend uploaded - fixes a few remaining new issues. Map is now with Peera for updates until next Friday.
  4. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Peera is away for now so AP will still be working on the map for the coming week. Will upload a new patch within a few hours that will fix some recent bugs and optimized more functions.

UI Issue in Heart of the Swarm
    HOTS will break NOTD's current UI due to a new system they are using (no tooltips readable, etc). Anyone who has the HOTS beta key can test and check it out for yourselves. AP will take a look to see if there's a way we can proactively make our current UI forward-compatible in the coming months before HOTS' release.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Uploaded a new patch today with more bug fixes from AP. Some balancing adjustments are also live.

Storyline Balancing
    Over the coming weeks, we will be tweaking storyline difficulty. We'll need your inputs and changes made will be tested to find the sweet spot. We'll take the opportunity to also re-look into suggestions made in the past.
    Easy Company: Difficulty is at the right level but there are some tweaks we'll be making to allow more gameplay styles
    Alpha Company: Challenge will be revised upwards. Currently too easy for the rewards given. A lot of this is also due to the Chapter not being as complete as EC
    Sec Team/Survival: Isn't where we want it in terms of difficulty yet - these are supposed to be the storylines/modes requiring the highest level of teamwork and game-sense.
  6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

New patch uploaded today with additional bug fixes. Terrain lighting toned down.
  7. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Publishing patch now with some balancing updates and the new 'Infected' ailment that will mainly be used for story/ambience reasons on civilians/NPCs. Map is now with Peera for updates.
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Uploaded a new patch with AP's fixes today on some major bugs.

Development Priority
    1. Game-altering bugs (ammo stacking, talents/units not working) and major abuses
    2. Class rework
    3. Storyline balancing
    4. Cosmetic changes
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Uploaded new patch to SEA server. Having internet connection issues right now. Will try again in 7 hours to upload to NA and EU servers.
  10. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Latest patch now live on all servers.
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

New patch uploaded. Latest map now with AP.
  12. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Latest patch uploaded in SEA and EU servers. NA server is down for maintenance - will upload by tomorrow evening Singapore time.
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

New patch upload in EU server is delayed because I'm now required to download additional dependencies - not sure why. Will upload within 48 hours.
  14. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

All servers now have latest patch.
  15. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

=)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbeoSPqRs4[/video]

Latest patch uploaded. Map is now with AP until Monday.
  16. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

New patch uploaded with bug fixes. 2 more months to HOTS launch.

We will need to keep our server's annual hosting renewed so if you enjoyed NOTD, please help play a small part:
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/donate.htm
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I'll be away from 9-12 February for the Lunar New Year and won't have SC2 Editor access. The map will be with AP now until 15 February. I'll still be uploading patches before that time when AP sends them over to me.

Our priority now is to start preparing the groundwork to make our UI compatible with Heart of the Swarm. HOTS will be released 12 March 2013. I recommend all Development team members and Wardens to pre-order if you're intending to buy it so that you can download in advance and avoid the heavy server traffic on launch week.

Updates to SC2 Social Features:
    [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JwS5t2SLsDo[/video]
  18. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Map versions harmonized to 2.0 across all servers. This will simplify bug reporting.
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I am going on vacation for two weeks. Gonna go visit family down in Florida and spend time with my dad who just got back from the Middle East and do a delayed Christmas. I won't be online for a bit, and will have reduced activity on the forum (although I will check my inbox from time to time). If there's anything that needs my immediate attention, I'm going to go ahead and volunteer Shooz to be my personal herald, so if it's super important tell him and I'm sure he'll get my attention.

Happy early Valentine's day, folks.
  20. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Latest patch with Rifleman rework now live. Please let us know if there are any issues.

AP has also done some background work to make sure most of our UI will be forward compatible with HOTS. We've still waiting for the big patch before HOTS launch to iron out all details. I'll be working on a beta NOTD Tutorial map which will be out by HOTS launch. It's going to be a very simple mechanics guide - nothing fancy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.