NOTD Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Universe' started by Ability, May 12, 2012.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Hi Arc, let's fill the lore on NOTD Boot Camp here.

Timeline: 2101 (2 years before The Apollo Incident)
    Format: Forward Operating Base (or any place where recruits train)
    Zombies: Yes/No (if no, probably training with drones)
    Major Characters: 1LT Linh, Maj. Koller, more TBC (?)
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Cuba works fine for me. Tropical island. Nice and different, especially from the Martian Polar Ice Cap for the next step of the game. Distinct visual feels, worked for the original Star Wars Trilogy, no reason not to use it.

I'd like to see Sergeant Nardelli in there too. This can help hammer home the "Black Ops aren't all murdering rapist sociopaths who are pure evil" concept, it allows them to appear more human. And he is the one named Black Operator, other than potentially Lt. Sheng.
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Okay. This boot camp map needs at least one catalyst event that helps carry the story into NOTD as well. I don't know. It's pretty cliche if they finished the training and then something happens that requires the recruits' intervention (eg rebels attacking/sabotaging base).
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Hmm...

Maybe there's some Truck coming. Recruits are sent to guide it in. A few thieves/looters come after it. You put them down, hard. End screen shows that the truck was carrying some sample, short clip of it being used to create Charlie?
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

By the way, probably would be a nice nod to things like the Newbie Help Foundation, etc, to use some of those people as the Drill Instructors.

Drill Sergeant Ozymandius, etc.
  6. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

And Pylo. He's pretty much the progenitor of the help a noob foundation.

And then there's also HunterIZ who trained the old guard.

Flintlckwood who demanded 24 hour NOTD sprees to test people's mettle.
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Hmm, there's two people you're forgetting. I believe their names start with an A and an L...
  8. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Zombies yes plz...
  9. Ramses II
    • Donator

Zombies don't make sense lore-wise.
  10. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

They infect a drill instructor and he infects others, then since you have previous encounters with the creatures u get sent to apollo in Alpha or EC
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Except that when you arrive you have no idea that what you're fighting is zombies.
    According to the current canon, easy company is prepped long before Gen Koller knows that there are zombies on the moon. Plus, if you look at the first post, the timeline is 2101, 2 years before the Apollo incident.
  12. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Well, you could be special ops mixed in with ec, and working for top brass since that happened to you. What would notd be without zombies? Make a bootcamp on apolo.. for local security team :p
  13. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Or. You could be a new batch of recruits, and change the timeline to 2 years after the apollo incident, this being the 1st thing they play, since you unlock shit in reverse chronological order anyways.
    that would validate zombies,
    help teach newbs what does what and how hard it does its job, (Slasher anyone),
    make it canon to NOTD
  14. Ramses II
    • Donator

Sounds fine to me. I was just going off the stipulations Ability had set in the first post.
  15. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

lol, do tell

That might work. Allows you to introduce each of the enemies (non-boss ones anyway) to players. Like put them in viewing cages. Or set up live fire exercises with the more dangerous ones.

Downside is that there's no more surprise to the new players. No more, ooh red hydra... wtf 1 shot situations.

Though I still prefer this handsome devil's idea
  16. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I'd like to give the boot camp practice before the marines/recruits are given a real mission, like first rifleman learn to kite against a robot, assaults attack targets, and medics train healing dummies, curing alienments etc. and after that, a group of rebels with short range weapons attack a local town and all of the companies are already deployed, so they go in, kill rebels, the end.

Btw, is it Lyanden and ArcanePariah?
  17. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Also, if you do end up doing it two years Prior to appllo, the new recruits could be what turns into bo, and the boot camp could be the senator and who ever elses pet ginipigs/test's with watever the virus is. Meaning they secretly discovered the virus, tested it on recruits, then took the recruits into a secret program (black ops) .
  18. Ramses II
    • Donator

Yes. Yes it is.
  19. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Lets have a Drill Sgt Diode and is trainees NiteShade, Grrwolf, HopelessNoob, Jercy, Axl, and Shooz.
  20. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Let's random who gets the Commander rank for boot camp with a dice.
    1: Niteshade
    2: Shooz
    3: Lyanden
    4: ArcturusV
    5: Jercy
    6: ArcanePariah
    7: Rameris II
    8: Kithrixx
    9: Diode
    10: Blaqk
    11: Axl
    12: Ability
    I'll roll twice, 1-6 first then 7-12, then I roll the 2 winners.
    [hr]
    I just rolled, first I got Arcane and Ability, then I rolled them and got Arcane just saying if we do use this method.