NOTD Ban System Discussion

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ability, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

It's 8 (NA) and 14 (EU). I don't know - most people I know are playing Diablo 3 haha.
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

NA's warden, Nicarco appears to be absent.

For the most part, Considering NA has a large number of people, it should have a proportionality higher ban amount, but for the most part, it is likely because most people accused tend to have a bad reputation, and end up ostracized, because we don't enjoy their company, nor their style, nor what they did, and subsequently, end up quitting. NA also didn't have someone who decided to help other's change their bank file stats, and has many more people with Highly Explosive Anger.

Pretty sure Diablo 3 did a number to Starcraft 2, overall, though, content available is also partially to blame. Its hard to find more then 5 ~ 10 maps that you enjoy and continue to enjoy after beating them once.
  3. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

It's been two weeks and Nicarco is still absent >.>

If the bank hacking becomes a serious issue right now, I suggest someone else to take over as the NA warden for now, at least until Nicarco comes back, what about Extifer?
  4. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

About the absence of wardens, I think if any warden plans to be absent for some time, they should notify the community by posting about it somewhere in the future.
  5. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

+1
  6. untouchablekill

untouchablekill New Member

How am I able to report someone for hacking/modifying bank files or other misc ban reasons? Sorry if I am necro'ing but I can't seem to find the right area to post this.
  7. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Post here for reporting hackers.
  8. untouchablekill

untouchablekill New Member

Thank you kind sir.
  9. bacana

bacana New Member

the ban system its unfair
  10. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Mr. Shooz or some available Moderator out there. Can one of you guys delete this comment by Bacana because this is just spam as the guy just got banned recently and made a pretty stupid comment.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The ban system is actually pretty fair. We've had people who have been accused of hackers show that they were indeed not hackers at all. You never took the opportunities presented to you to defend yourself before the final decision was made, even though you were warned again and again. I personally warned you six times, and you only decided to act after the fact. You have nobody but yourself to blame.

As I stated in your other topic, you still have more than enough of a chance to appeal your ban and present real evidence in your defense, rather than saying that the ban system is unfair and the vets are just huge jerks and maybe they're the ones hacking and are accusing others to cover up their own crookedness (which I would suggest you not do anymore, because it's pissing people off, and you kind of need a positive public opinion to undo this).
  12. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Bacana you do realize that your ban was probably the most discussed ever?
  13. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Eh, have to agree yet again with mr k.. ^^^^
  14. worgenbakwrd

worgenbakwrd New Member

there should be a kick system
    i think hackers can change their names and ID numbers
  15. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

16. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

The ID remains the same unless you buy a new copy of the game and make another account with it, it's not likely someone will spend that much money just to play Night of the Dead again, right?
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Lacus is right.

The Wardens are doing a pretty effective job at keeping the core hackers away from the game too. Can the system be improved? Sure. Maybe Vigil (when it's up) can help do some automated logic checks that highlights potential hackers proactively too.
  18. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

[align=center]Posts moved from NOTD Ban System Discussion
    to the Community Watch and Rebuttal Thread.
    This thread is not for discussing banned individuals but the system which makes the ban happen.[/align]
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Hi Grim,

Please use this thread to report:
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... p?tid=1259

What I'll need from you:
    Replays, chatlogs (screenshots showing that you asked him to stop and he refused or ignored. Don't mention bans) showing that it is a regular occurence across several games and days rather than isolated event.
    Also, if you can get witness statements confirming that it wasn't something along the lines of you asked him to TK you and then uploaded the replay, that'd be helpful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.