NOTD Artwork Assignment - Nicolas Chaussois

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ability, May 5, 2013.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Here is the updated file:
    - Made 2068 clearer
    - Fixed capitalization on Apollo
    - Fixed typo on Behavior
    - Reduced size of developer credits text
    - Changed font slightly for improved readability

Robomonkey mentioned that he prefers Credits in another location, any suggestions (if you think the current location isn't ideal)? Let me know your thoughts on anything else. Thanks.

NOTD Loading Screen - Nicolas Chaussis (Low Res).jpg
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Well there's some relatively blank dark space between the title and the first bit of information, whereas the final image is pretty detailed and interesting. In my incredibly unartistic opinion the credits distract the eyes from the detail in the red picture and wouldn't be at all in the way on the picture of the planet.
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Here is how it will look like with developer credits at top left.

NOTD Loading Screen - Nicolas Chaussis (Low Res).jpg
  4. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

I do approach of the new credits placement.

Possible to include our social network information?

Such as our NOTD facebook page, Steam Group, Twitter, Teamspeak, etc.?
  5. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

Maybe Notd staff on left side(how it is above) under notd and on right side the social stuff so its split evenly, or just have social under the notd staff, but with a subtitle. I would move the text "An expeditionary team has been sent to investigate" to the bottom left of that current box, looks off being in top left.
  6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Commlink: The loading bar takes up part of the bottom left unfortunately (screenshot below)
    MissHumpz: Agree - can you help list the details of all those you mentioned? Will see what we can put in.

Screenshot2014-05-03 15_43_40.jpg
  7. nex_

nex_ Member

possible to put the link in the loading bar ? or instead of the "on facebook" ?
    Less repetition
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

9. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

Two other thingies about loadscreen.
    1. KR server didn't get update with it yet
    2. Artwork credits, while i honestly don't know what other two did Peerawat to my knowledge made like 3/4th of notd specific models which in my book falls under artwork.[​IMG]
  10. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe..

Justin Phang is a artist who did the NOTD logo / loadscreen (including loadscreen for NOTD bootcamp).

While Holly Calilung did the NOTD portraits roughly 2010-11 and a couple of artworks. Vanished. Never to be seen again.

And yes the lovely Peerawatz did the NOTD models we all know and love and also did the majority of the NOTD 2 terrain.
  11. Then peerwat should have hie name first on list right?
  12. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

Turns out that after having to use outside hosting for image i forgot to type last sentence of previous post.

Issue i see is not order in which they are listed, but none of them being listed on new loadscreen.
    It states 'Artwork' not 'Loadscreen art'. Screencap of old loadscreen was just faster and less prone to error than writing names.
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

For loading screen Artwork credits, the following 2 names will be present: Nicolas and Justin. Nicolas is responsible for the primary loading screen artwork and Justin is responsible for the NOTD logo design.

Peerawatz will be credited in end-game credits under Models. Holly will also be credited in end-game credits under Artist as he was responsible for the Class Portraits used in Team UI.